Thread: For those of you to soon leave AO...

Post For those of you to soon leave AO...

hey
    im not gonna complain, or stand with you guys on this but i would like to know of where most of u guys will be goin after ao.

Ive heard of some ppl going to play SWG. You really think SWG will be better then AO? Well if someone could send me a link of their future games and prove me otherwise i might even move on too

I am quite sure that several people will leave AO just to try out the games that are coming out within the next 6 months which would be AC2 and SWG. But I am pretty sure that most of these people will come back as well.. As all mmorpg games that came out till today those games wont be flawless from the start either and most probably both wont give that something AO was able to give.

I expect to see a big rush to SWG and to AC2 when they come out but pretty sure it will balance out again to its current status as well...Same thing happened with UO, AC,EQ after all =)
    Marodeur
    Vampire of the Shadow Ops
    Rimor

What are the release dates on the new games?

stop insulting this forum by bringing up other games, if you wish to research other gamesl, do so in off-topic forum, or search for them with GOOGLE.COM

Thankyou!

I hate searching, specially w/ my slow ass dial up. It's much easier to just post here and maybe someone will tell me, not like it's tomorrow and I need to find out right away anyway.

I'll respect the forum if they promise to respect my scope I gave all my $ for.

Since no-one's brought it up yet.....

For all those of you soon to leave AO......

Can I have your stuff?

Cool

There's always one isn't there...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I get your point Emiko, it's kinda tacky talking about the competition on the AO website.
    However, I have been actively looking for something new and haven't found anything out there.
    Neocron has a neat theme but I just didn't get it. After a few days it got boring to me.
    Earth and Beyond is kinda cool but I really don't want to be out cruising around the galaxy forever. I kinda like a planet under my feet.
    Verant is coming out with EQ2 but I would never go back to Evercamp, Evercrack or what ever you call it. Besides the people that play it have gotten cynical, mean and jaded.
    Forget FPS games. How many times can you shoot someone anyway?
    As for games where you create your own playfields (never say NWN) who needs them? For my money I want the developers to do the work dammit.

Ditto, Kwerk- especially on E&B.

Eve Online looks interesting. I might give that one a shot. I sort of expected E&B to have more to it... but it doesn't really even feel like an MMORPG, really. More like a commuting simulator.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

I alpha tested and am beta testing Eve Online.

Neat. Anything to say about it?
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Heh, check out Emiko bringin up other games. lol

I will be going to Starwars Galaxies. I see many saying they won't go, and thats fine. I have been folowing the game for a very long time, and if launch goes well, it will be the most indepth and revolutionary MMORPG since AO.

However, I won't leave until it comes out, and who knows. I may come back. AO just has something special about it that no other MMORPG can touch. Everyone who plays it knows this. I don't think AO will die for a very long time.

I tested E&B as well and you put your finger on the right spot. It's just odd playing a game where you spend most your time flying a ship and never really touch down.

AC2 is boring, I played it for about 3 weeks (I've got a fileplanet subscription) and the whole 3 classes 3 races and a skill tree about 1/2 as impressive as the Diablo2 one (and I wasn't really even impressed with that), not to mention the increadibly boring combat system, and the fact that it is trully the ONLY thing to do in the game, bored me quick. I forsee it will be the next DAoC. EVERYONE will start playing and then come back to AO a month later because they are bored.

Anyway, this really is an OOC topic..
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

I guess this tread will go into the great void too. Kind of sad, since there is actually a balanced discussion in these kind of treads. Instead of deleting it, could it be moved to the social forum? Have faith in your game FC, it will be the stable game and what the new games will be compared to...

One thing is 100% certain. One day, ther will be a game more addicting then AO. For now, tried EQ, won't go back there. Ignored daoc to save money. Tried AC2 beta for a month, the game didn't feel right. It looked old, graphics looked old, only one paperdoll, and the graphics in there just looked wrong. From 15 years of gaming, I've got a gut feeling that AO is the best of the games.

It would be extremly narrowminded NOT to try out the new games. Even Cz posted somewhere that he for sure would beta and play most of the competition I will try SWG. It will probably get a very large playerbase (due to the title...). If Verant get it right this time, only time will tell.

Anyway, I might take a vacation, but my home mmorg for the next two years will probably be AO.

I have to admit that I will at least try SWG. I can't seem to make myself put those boxes down... it's just curiosity, I guess.

But it'd have to be something very special to hold my interest. The Star Wars universe just doesn't appeal to me at all. It made a nice setting for a few classic movies, but it doesn't sound like a fun place to inhabit. I know I'm in the minority on that.

Also- I shiver to think how kid-friendly the thing will be. George Lucas is at least tangentially involved- the same guy who thought it would be great to use Ewoks instead of Wookies in Return of the Jedi. The same guy who thought Jar Jar was funny.

Well I have been playing E&B and NWN quite a bit. Haven't logged on AO in a week, which has been the longest since I started in August 2001. Looking forward to SWG and a few others.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

In my opinion, sometimes, with this type of game, there is the need to just take a break from it for a couple of weeks, or a month. Im doing that with EQ... I havent been on there in about 4 weeks, but I am gonna patch the dang thing tonight and get back on there. If you are getting ticked off with a certain game, dont just leave immediately, as if you decide that it was a bad decision later, well, too late, your characters and stuff are gone. Heck, if I left EndlessAges when I got frustrated, I wouldnt have made it past the newbie-levels (good grief that must be the most difficult MMORPG in existence. Great if you like a challenge, bad if you hate dying every 5 minutes)

Though, of course, these message boards, and the things posted here, do not truly represent the player base. Alot of people only come here when they are frustrated, and then post a big long rant that exaggerates small problems into huge ones, insult FC, and so on. It is like that with ALL mmorpg boards..... well, the EQ main one isnt.... but the reason for that is that there is ALWAYS moderators there that check every post immediately, and delete ones they dont like. Heck, I tried to post a poll asking for suggestions for improving the game once, and the moderator went nuts and destroyed it.... I can just imagine some fat guy on a coffee buzz sitting in front of a computer frantically clicking away complaints and bad messages.... lol.....

Ah, here I go again, ranting about random junk.

As far as the other MMORPGs go, yes, I am definitely looking forward to SWG, but I do NOT expect perfection from it, as many seem to, nor will I leave AO. I have way to much fun on AO to leave it

Whoops, dont wanna start a second rant. Ok. Im really done this time. Bye now!
    "I'll hold on to this greasy, dripping meatball while you risk your life for a bowlfull of berries." - Princess Peach Toadstool

Well.. I love tradeskills, in UO tradeskills were great, you never had to fight a single mob if you didn't want to - you could stay in town all day, making a living on selling and repairing armor/weapons, selling arrows, bows, clothes, spellbooks (empty and full), scrolls, potions you name it . And since UO lagged even on a cable, stuttered even on a P3 1300, I left. Well, Tradeskills in AO outright sucks when compared as every piece costs, the few pieces that works, that is - I hear Tradeskills in SWG are actually useful, and the pieces you need are easily obtainable for the cost of the tool you need to extract them from the environment and that there's many of them. I believe SWG is gonna be my future time/moneysink.

I've tested many of the new ones.

E&B was very fun the first 30 lvls, then it became kinda and repetetive. It didnt help that I had explored every system at lvl 50 either (lvl 150 is max). Simply wasnt anything "new" and leveling became extremely slow IMO. Cool concept for tradeskills and xp though.

EVE beta phase 2 was under a NDA so I can't tell you much of that. And even if I did, it would be far from the finished product.

AC2 looked at first glance to be very fun. And coming from AO the tradeskills where very interesting. Imagine.... a game where the players can make BETTER weapons than those bought in shops! But as mentioned before, combat is dull. And after 2-3 weeks of struggling to get the parts needed to do the tradeskills, and trying to find a suitable mob to kill, AC2 proved to be boring too.

SWG.... well.... can't seem to get that beta application through I had high hopes for it, but I've lowered them considerably after trying the other alternatives out there. But I'll check it out, even though Im sure there will be thousands of SW fans doing all kinds of lame quotes from the movies they've memorized after watching them every day since they where released. And all the pimple-faced 13 year olds that go about ranting : "I want to be a JEDI!". Well....Maybe its good, maybe its bad.... we'll see

As for AO, it is surely one of the better mmorpgs out there. So ignore my rants and raves about engineers sucking, needs love, nerfing.......... OH... darn.... You almost had me going again ranting. So.... Good luck AO. Im still gonna stick with you until your competitors catch up. So PLEASE stay ahead and give me something to do here =)
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!