Thread: Why targeting scopes work for melee weapons

Why targeting scopes work for melee weapons

Phione wanted me to put this here.

Seems to me everyone who thinks the targeting scopes should not work for melee users thinks of the targeting scope as a passive piece of equipment. Just a bunch of lenses that help you see better.

But think about it. This is Rubi-Ka. The year is 29476, not 2002. Obviously the Targeting Scopes are more than just a collection of lenses.

For example, take the Yatamutchy Movement Predictor since it's description tells yo how it works. The Movement Predictor display a ghost image for you to aim at, based on where it's computers thing you're target will be.

The Targeting Scope's simply state that they add a nice bonus to your range, and also adds a bonus to your chance of hitting a vital part when you shoot.

It does not say how it does this, but I assume it is similar to the Movement Predictor:

The Targeting Scope anilizes your target, looking for weakness to exploit. When it finds one, it higlights the area on your target. If you have enough skill, you try to strike this area with your melee weapon or you aim there with your gun.

The scopes are not passive devices that you simply wear and look through. They are a collection of sensors, computers, displays, and maybe even nano technology, that activaly aid you while fighting.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Bad choice of item name

IF only they hadn't called it a "scope" in the first place this debate would never have surfaced. "LLTGoggles" or "LLTVisor" or "LLTOptics" would have been ok.

And why does it improve crits in brightly lit areas? surely it should only have provided a benefit in darker areas? NEVER heard a single complaint about this
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

I don't really have an issue with scopes working with melee weapons. My issue is with SG/VS/LMA/UVC affecting weapon-based attacks. This line of crit buffs should be for martial arts attacks only. I don't think I've discussed this with an MA that disagrees.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I suspect FC has no way to implement that. (uvc aso ma skill only, although I would like to see it still work on bows as well, but I agree it's a bit silly that it works on fi river 6's)

I guess fc thinks the same thing (uvc aso should be ma based weapons (claws aso should be crit buffable as well) + maybe bows), I just think that they have no simple way of implementing it.

No matter when inits on bows get fixed I don't think you'll see a lot of ma's walking around with shotguns aso anymore.