Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 24th, 2009 - Pink Eye, Airplanes and Nightclubs

add some fun randomly generated effects or abilities to it, like:

20% of the time there's 50% gravity, u can jump twice as high and float slowly down

20% of the time the floor ices where you slide a lot effecting your momentum

10% of the time it's 25% gas with a random combo of one other effect (accompany this with a planet wide announcement 2 minutes before it happens)

30% of the time things are normal

20% of the time the club becomes 90% translucent giving the feeling of partying in space, but you can still see enough of it to navigate.

and call it The Entropy Lounge

T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

i like the name "Seven Suns" ... no idea why seven but it sounds nice. just say it aloud
    [] |_| |* \/\/ /-\ `/

I like the name The Notum Lounge.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

well its the sunrise station so how about:

club daybreak
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Noone goes to clubs anyway. Wasted effort.

Any chance we could get some effort put into game mechanics or graphics, maybe a bit of effort put into marketing. The new web game Evony is everywhere I click, and yes I downloaded it to look. Put some time and effort into getting new customers. If your arts and crafts department had time on their hands maybe create some new armour, or clothes or some new mobs to get us away from the copy paste every new playfield contains. The DB content used the same meshes for everything, the LoX experience is a copy paste of current aliens.

New instances work too.

call it "rule 34".
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

"Club Carbonum" and free drinks for all engineers.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    "Club Carbonum" and free drinks for all engineers.
    lol
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

I find it funny that everyone keeps saying that no one goes to the clubs. True that some of them aren't used as often as others (mostly because of how difficult they are to get to compared to other clubs) but Reets Retreat is used quite often as that's where Gridstream spends most of their time for airing their live events. Also, most social events in AO are also held in reets.

My question though is if the new club is going to be open to all people regardless of expansion or not. That may have been explained before but I only troll the forums at work and don't read everything
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

The Palace
    The Flying Palace

Quote Originally Posted by DePreach View Post
    The new web game Evony is everywhere I click, and yes I downloaded it to look.
    All the same cleavage shots in every ad, we must be able to compete with medium NM gals!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    call it "rule 34".
    Haha, noooooo!
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Yop Yop

i know a good name "Yop Yop" :-P

Lets go in "Yop Yop" togniht sound good or ?

Orbital "I-dun-care-bout-ur-s**tty-pvp" afk leech beer station.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Studio 54 ... million!

stun procs

b/c the ambience is so trippy its like being stunned on acid
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    add some fun randomly generated effects or abilities to it, like:
    10% of the time it's 25% gas with a random combo of one other effect (accompany this with a planet wide announcement 2 minutes before it happens)
    This, drunk bar rumble could attract some people
    i R not spik engrish

Hmm... names....

High Tail (In reference to head and tails nightclub in omni-ent)
    Grinder's Retreat
    Belt Club
    Evening Star Club
    Night Star Club

The ones I noticed while skipping over the thread and likes a lot:
    David's Station
    The Grind
    Tab Q
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

My suggestion would be the "Dawn Nightclub". Just to go with the "Sunrise Station" theme.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Titty Twister ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast