Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Application Form

Quote Originally Posted by EdtaatdE View Post
    Jenshey, you mean you kill for profit? I'm not saying you belong to a side then, but I can understand Aethyrguard's reasoning against you better. If you kill Clans and get payed for it from OT, what is the difference between an OT employee? ...
    Who said I get paid buy Omni-Tek? I smuggle the notum out. I want the maximum profits. Both sides can buy it from me and both could be attacked. I don't care about their war, I am there to get my Notum and profits.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Back on topic

Aethyrguard, thank you for bumping this topic

My opinion: A quest available to all levels of players to resign from clan/omni is a great idea. Perhaps the quest could involve submitting your resignation to clan/omni officials and possibly incurring their wrath, reclaim included. The form obtained through this quest would of course be nodrop unique and perhaps the lockout period wouldn't be a bad idea either... Although I'm sure a 7-30 day lockout would be sufficient to prevent most abuse of this quest.

I too know a few people that would love to become neutral again. Bump for a good idea that should have been implemented long ago!

ok... might av missed something

but i did stop reading thignies at 51 be4 i woudl forget what i want to post

So far , the things i've seen mean that neutrals have to let their ***** be protected by icc and to be a sitting duck for the rest.
    well, we chose to be neutral because we didnt want the misery of being clan/omni. If we didnt protect ourselves we couldnt be proud of what we try to do...

Imho removing neuts would be a fatal mistake in ao... how many times did bs only run because neutrals decided to just join the side (that would prolly just lose again by zergings) to get bs running.
    I can't think of many more thigns, but neutrals help to keep this game running, make it special and fun to play. Some people are like... im omni,its great, u shud be to else u die... (same with clan).
    If neutral would dissapear... then Borealis shouldnt be there anymore, and neither should newland, I dont believe that the Neutral 'faction/side' is a mistake... where would you place your battlestation startups? they are placed in neutral minded places ; Borealis, Newland and ICC.
    Buffbegging would... well ya :s get harder. Many people like dueling and/or hanging around in Borealis or Newland, I'm pretty sure that helped people alot of times, i guess it has saved every one of you while twinking.
    If Neutral Alignment would be removed or like some of you like to call it, to be 'fixed' i think it would just cause another big phail that makes people leave ao. And i dont think we can just spill the ao inhabitants as we dont ahve a few million players in stock.

OK... i apologise for my spelling ><
    Former Evandoc *whine*

Cows "Areeh" Orange

<3 Free Spirits
    Proud neutral on Atlantian server

If Means truly believes Neutrals, as they have existed for the seven and a half years I have been playing AO, have been a mistake he should just say so. Let the chips fall where they may.

WTB more support! Just in case it's not enough yet ...
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Bump this really deserve to be done!

gief "I quit" applications!

Neutrals have become an important part of AO even for non-rpers and among those who have choosed to stay neutral past level 201, i wouldn't know much who would give up with neutrality.
    On the contrary i'm certain some sided would love to leave their side without applying at the opposite side.
    Last edited by Gonido; Nov 18th, 2009 at 19:11:57.
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    lol so you're basically asking for 201+ omni/clan application forms... since neutrals 201+ will get omni/clan application forms

neutral application forms 201+ was a bad idea, nobody suggested this in the forums, means can you explain why are you considering making AO => omni-online?? we only asked for neutral only neck items!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Everyone will join the winning side. It happens at tl5 and it's lame.
    I agree with both.
    what neutral need is a neck items or at least to stop enlarge the gap between neutral/clan-omni, not a free switch side on the top.

so definitively NO bump for this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by addeus View Post
    what neutral need is a neck items or at least to stop enlarge the gap between neutral/clan-omni, not a free switch side on the top.

so definitively NO bump for this idea.
    I'm not sure I understand you, can you enlighten me please? Providing arguments would be nice.

I agree with those posts too. And there is plenty of ways to prevent lvl 201+ Clan <--> Omni switching (e.g. Incredible long "Lock Side Skill" - wouldn't mind if it was forever, or take out the 'neutral application forms 201+' - everybody that wanted should have switched by now :P).
    And erm... I don't think Neutral will be the winning faction ever... And talking about Neutrals at BS, I already answered that. And I'll answer it again even though it's totally irrelevant for this discussion: it's merely relevant for the discussion of BS mechanics. Some Neutrals might join the winning side, most join the losing side to get BS started. I always join the side with the least people, but you can't see in advance who's going to win anyway. Though: it's kinda easy for me: I can't use vp's :P.

About the Neck item: that's a different discussion as well. Nothing states we have to chose between Resignation Forms and Neck items. I don't mind a new neck item at all. Personally I would prefer the resignation form, but I guess most will indeed prefer the Neck item. But again: they don't have to clash.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)

I want my neutral twinks to have goat helm please!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Argument are on the post above ,and no it's not only about BS. Do you understand what they wrote?
    You said you agreed whit them , they are AGAINST your idea, so you agree with people who said your idea is bad?

I was just giving my point of view in the first and you're being agressive , useless to open a discussion then.

P.S : I repeat I think if you let people change they'll abused it , asking for more balance is better. You choose a side , can"t you stick to your choice?

P.S : I repeat I think if you let people change they'll abused it , asking for more balance is better. You choose a side , can"t you stick to your choice?
    Clan Application
    Omni Application

Apparently, a lot of Omni and Clan can't stick to their choice and have the option of jumping back and forth as much as they want. So what is your point again?

Argument are on the post above ,and no it's not only about BS. Do you understand what they wrote?
    You said you agreed whit them , they are AGAINST your idea, so you agree with people who said your idea is bad?

I was just giving my point of view in the first and you're being agressive , useless to open a discussion then.

Hmm, so your argument is that they can be abused? What abuse do you have in mind? I have explained solutions to solve the abuses I can think off...

If its made as a "resignation" form, it should lock your side change skill for a huge amount of time, like years.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    If its made as a "resignation" form, it should lock your side change skill for a huge amount of time, like years.
    I'm all for that, prevents me from making the same dumb mistake again! (My only non-neutral is my tradeskiller...).

I sign this

Definatly should be an option if you have made the very mistake and regrets it dearly there should be a way to get back as a neut

dam u edta, u didnt tell me u made this post!

i have been makin some attempts in forum too. usually most just come flame, as usual.

well 1 thing have changed now, and its the 220 nuet to clam / nuet to omlet form. but is this any good? NO. i explain why.

neutrals have been struggling to get numbers. but FC have been hampering this progress by offering the OP neck item and making it impossible for people to get back to nuet.

why people dont believe neutrals can do tl7 tower wars, neutral sided tara raid, and all those things that need numbers? because yes theyre right we dont have the numbers.

why nuets dont have the numbers?
    1- because some peolple dont want to be nuets, thinking that neck item is sooo good and cant live without it;
    2- because they CANT be nuets, they were scammed by NPCs that convinced them to change to clam/omlet. yes those NPCs in noob island. they scam the people that dont know much about the game, and ofc have no idea that changing to sided is irreversible. FC made this game mechanics, so its obvious that they dont want many nuets around.
    3- because FC makes a lot of efforts to make sure that nuets numbers stay low. one of those efforts is allowing 220 nuets to go clam/omlet. then we LOSE A LOT OF TL7 PEOPLE. we lose them for good, because even if they change idea later, they cant go back to nuet EVER. because FC doesnt allow it.

i have been saying countless times in many threads, theres people that do efforts to increase the nuets numbers. but FC is showing us that they want to increase clam and omlet. by STEALING nuets.

will nuets ever be treated as people? or you expect me to change to clam or omlet to be able to to things that need numbers in the game?

no way i wont ever be forced to change to anything! kill me if needed, buy no ty i wont sign the damned 220 form. i will be a nuet and i want to be respected as such.

now, if someone from FC wants to help in this issue, please look at what the OP says. it is a good suggestion and should have been done long time ago.

this is what needs to be done so ill be happy:
    1- make forms to allow people to change to the faction they want.
    2- make it so that u lose all benefits from the other faction (duh) and lose ability to change to any faction for 1 year, or more. im sure u wont have ppl changing faction on mistake if u make a HUGE message saying they cant go to another faction for a whole year and will lose benefits.
    liars are the real losers

Truth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Just like the Agent Undercover kit which locks your side for a little over 5 days, if my math's right.

I wonder if that's play time or calendar time.

I'd like to see a resignation form, too. And I'd like to see locks like this. I think, tho, I'd rather see the lock for 30 in-game playtime days for the resignation form and the lockout removed from the Agent kit -- the kit is hard enough to find as-is.
    Last edited by Simoom; Jan 5th, 2010 at 19:03:31.
    Simoom - General of Third Faction - FREE BOREALIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Simoom View Post
    I think, tho, I'd rather see the lock for 30 in-game playtime days for the resignation form .....
    i think 1 year should be minimum for the resignation, to avoid abuse of side hopping. but if the sided-to-nuet form is brought to game, DAM that will be already good enuf. makes a lotta ppl happy to be able to correct their mistake without havin to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasting View Post
    i think 1 year should be minimum for the resignation, to avoid abuse of side hopping. but if the sided-to-nuet form is brought to game, DAM that will be already good enuf. makes a lotta ppl happy to be able to correct their mistake without havin to reroll.
    A calendar year or a login-time year? Either way, that seems too long to me. I agree you don't want people jumping back and forth, but some people don't play this game for years and years like us. How about 6 months out-of-game time?
    Simoom - General of Third Faction - FREE BOREALIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Simoom View Post
    A calendar year or a login-time year? Either way, that seems too long to me. I agree you don't want people jumping back and forth, but some people don't play this game for years and years like us. How about 6 months out-of-game time?
    heh whatever the time is, it must be so huge, that people wont do it to 'try a faction'. prevents abuse

if someone changes, it should be almost irreversible unless they wanna wait the huge timer.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast