Thread: Taking the last grid exit

Taking the last grid exit

I generally don't do these things in the public eye. I'm not much on the spotlight being pointed at me. When my clan left the Council of Truth and later merged with Rising Phoenix, there was little fanfare though i'm sure some in the corporation breathed a little easier.

There comes a time in life where you accomplish great things, and once it happens, you'll never reach that point again. I did that not once, but three times. I'm not shooting for a fourth though I can see potential for it. Sorry, i'm starting to ramble...

I took posession of a farm in Sentinel territory and now that I have it running smoothly, I think i'm going to go for a long walk. Unlike many, I won't be leaving this dusty rock in retirement, i'm just stepping away for a good long while. I said years ago that i'm going to die here and I meant it. No luxurious apartments in the rich part of town, no cleaning services, no expensive vacations... just a little home filled with memories of rock-bottom failures and glorious achievements.

Someone close asked what I would be doing during that walk. I think i'll go try to find David Marlin and kick him in the ass for letting generations of clanners suffer the horrors of war. ...but that's the Silverstone in me talking. I don't know, really. If I ever found David Marlin...what do you say to him? Maybe that's one of those questions i'll worry about on the walk.

((Yeah, it's that time for me. I'll be back when real life lets go long enough so I can focus on the game again. When that will happen is uncertain.

I would like to say goodbye to this community who has kept me interested for a long time. I could rattle off a huge list of names but most of them have long since gone and i'm afraid of forgetting others. To those of you i've interacted with, I have tried my best to bring a sense of passion for the story of Rubi-Ka and its struggle. To others, don't lose the fire for the story. It's probably the greatest part of AO.

I bid you all a very warm and heartfelt goodbye. Thank you for making this past 6 years, 4 months of my life something that I won't forget, and one i'm certain to revisit eventually.))

Sorry to see you go, Astera. Good luck in RL.....
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

So really what you are saying is "walk, fixer, walk"?

Take care!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

One less to worry about, Officers. Go mark it up on her file.

(( Good luck with everything, Astera. See you when you come back from your walk ))

Have a nice walk in the outerzone too! don't forget to say hi to evil bed and closet monsters

((take care and good luck in RL astera )
    The Red Brotherhood

What to say seeing a friend leave?...

Goodbye, Taren. Thanks for your help and support with the Council. Enjoy your walk to the fullest, but keep your SMG with you *winks*

You'll be back. So I'll just say, "See ya around."

Luck Taren.
    Point Blank

((Yup, u'll come back. They always come back.

Truely a shame to see u go, the community with be that much less. GL with RK4.

<3 ))
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Retired Omni-Pol General Virta looks out of the Omni-Med window. Her sister is breathing heavily through a machine she is forced to be wearing, since the battle 4 years ago, but is standing up. She puts her arm around his older brother's waist and leans her frail body onto him. "I would have liked to have met her, you talked about her a lot."

"Yes, she was a great General. Officer Jadeshimmer."

"No, Curly.. I mean her."

"Oh."
    Last edited by Virta; Aug 1st, 2009 at 19:22:26.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix