Thread: PvP is Fun

PvP is Fun

No matter how it is sliced and what area you are fighting it is fun.
    I love gridding into Omni and jumping into the Arena. Suddenly I have everyone's attention while they target me. If I pop someone I KNOW I am going to have that many specials ripping me apart.

If I attack someone there I hear them whine to me. Those same people gank me while I just stand there. I am Clan of course. I expect it.

Fighting a doc yesterday and HE is getting outside heals... go figure. I love it. Getting ganked by a smurfy Fixer myself... gotta love it... sucked for him when his doc stopped healing him though.

In Tir the Omnis show up super buffed in gank mode. 1v1 has disappeared from the Arena on most occasions. You should expect to get hit if you are a killable target. I was fighting a nice adventurer last night when some MA that I just beat 3x jumps in... then another Omni attacks.. then another.. classic. The class the adventurer showed by stopping was honorable.

I love the hypocrisy. You ganked me! I gank you. What is a gank? People standing in the Arena are there to fight. I cannot walk up to you and ask for a fight or I have 7 other guys jumping me. You cry. You send me nasty tells. Then you come to Tir arena and gank the 100 lvl player. Bad. Tsk Tsk.

You cry about GA. nerf nerf! I didn't program the game. I don't control it. I play the game. Stop hassling me about it. I had a MA last night complaining to ME about crit buffs. Funny.

Anyway all of the hysteria and contradictions truly make PvP fun. To really make PvP more fun they should move the doors away from the Arena so that more people will die instead of zone.

And keep the titles. Widen the 100 point spread. Not getting PvP xp by killing someone too high is just silly.

I love all of you. You entertain me. And that is what a game is for.
    Now someone teach me how to fight in 2ho without getting killed by 4 people in 15 seconds

Being the little lurking toon that I am, I've always enjoyed Novalia's posts - but this one's the best.

You're having FUN in pvp? How DARE you? You enjoy getting ganked? How DARE you? Its just not fair that you enjoy pvp and most other people are too stupid/whiny/1337 to do so.

NERF NOVALIA

Here we have one more in a string of wonderfully intelligent posts. AO is about having fun. If twinking is what you enjoy - twink! If pvp is fun - pvp! If you like the BS grind - um, well, enjoy!

Novalia here is a great example of what we can do when we decide to actually enjoy the game we play. PvP is a blast. An absolute blast. I don't have a toon over 90, and I love it. Thanks, Novalia, for sharing your bit of insight.

Get ganked? Gank back. Can't? Get a buddy to do it for ya. Can't do that? Start a low-lvl pvp toon. Don't wanna? Fine, level up and gank the perp yourself. Gank. Duel. Mass pvp.

HAVE FUN - cuz that is the bottom line, right?
    -- yasher & friends
    Current Project: Metrodoc 177/9 Doctor
    Acct Activated: 28 June 2001
    Last Reactivated: 19 Aug 2005
    Cancellations: 3
    Regged Thru: 18 Dec 2005

holla

Re: PvP is Fun

Originally posted by Novalia
    I love gridding into Omni and jumping into the Arena. Suddenly I have everyone's attention while they target me. If I pop someone I KNOW I am going to have that many specials ripping me apart.

If I attack someone there I hear them whine to me. Those same people gank me while I just stand there. I am Clan of course. I expect it.

Fighting a doc yesterday and HE is getting outside heals... go figure. I love it. Getting ganked by a smurfy Fixer myself... gotta love it... sucked for him when his doc stopped healing him though.

In Tir the Omnis show up super buffed in gank mode. 1v1 has disappeared from the Arena on most occasions. You should expect to get hit if you are a killable target. I was fighting a nice adventurer last night when some MA that I just beat 3x jumps in... then another Omni attacks.. then another.. classic. The class the adventurer showed by stopping was honorable.

I love the hypocrisy. You ganked me! I gank you. What is a gank? People standing in the Arena are there to fight. I cannot walk up to you and ask for a fight or I have 7 other guys jumping me. You cry. You send me nasty tells. Then you come to Tir arena and gank the 100 lvl player. Bad. Tsk Tsk.

You cry about GA. nerf nerf! I didn't program the game. I don't control it. I play the game. Stop hassling me about it. I had a MA last night complaining to ME about crit buffs. Funny.

Anyway all of the hysteria and contradictions truly make PvP fun. To really make PvP more fun they should move the doors away from the Arena so that more people will die instead of zone.

And keep the titles. Widen the 100 point spread. Not getting PvP xp by killing someone too high is just silly.

Now someone teach me how to fight in 2ho without getting killed by 4 people in 15 seconds

READ: I have Grid armor

of course pvp is fun to you roflol
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

This thread rocks! fun is all it's about, I've been ganked about a gazillion times, and most of the people that have ganked me, have gotten maybe slightly sarcastic, yet polite /tells, I cant say that being ganked is fun everytime, but sometimes it may go so damn quick, that it cant be anything else, like being whacked by Kinkstaah while fighting some clan doc in 2h0.. it's all like "damn.. that was fast rofl.. " =P
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Standing in Omni Arena last night waiting for the Rookie Soldier (10-15 levels higher than me) to get in. Naa he doesn't bother.

Some lowbie soldier opens up on me. So now I am trading fire with the lowbie. Then who happens to jump into the Arena and into the fight. Mr. Rookie. So I get out... end the fight. And ask him why he had to wait until another guy fights me before he starts.

So I get back in and start tearing him up and then all of a sudden I am nuked to hell by either a crat or a NT who essentially kills me.

Now I get the "lol!!!" tell from the soldier. Then the "thanks for a new title"...

/me sighs

He did NO damage to me and he gets the kill.
    Pretty lame.

Anyway things happen and of course he wasn't around when I returned like I told him I would. Its ok there will be another day and another place for revenge.

there are other places to pvp

I am aware of other places than 2ho, CAV, arenas etc where there are 0% zones and u can fight freely with your friends-and we arent talking about a 15 min trip in a yalm either.

Am i going to tell u where they are? NO!

I dont want 30 people turning up mid-fight where previously there has only been 3 and all of em from my org

Love Riz

Re: PvP is Fun

Originally posted by Novalia

2ho? simple.

Grid in. Run north. Zone into the nearest bunker...refreshes grace...look around, take notice of how many omnis and how many clanners there are. Use warchat as a source of communication and coordination with other players.

There are several 'hotspots' in 2ho:
    1. 'bunkers' is commonly referred to as the boxed in corner that a lot of clanners prepare from to charge the 'hill.' The bunkers are a main source of retreat for clanners, and any assaulting omnis. It stretches from North to Northeast of the outpost.
    2. The 'hill' is across from the bunkers and has a large omni-tek logo on it.
    3. The 'coffee shop/grid area' is no doubt, the first place you see when you enter 2ho
    4. The 'helipad' is south from the grid terminal. a lot of people use this area as a rendezvous, but if you're caught, youll have to be careful since the only zone nearby is a bunker which is 25% inside.
    5. Garden. The NW most area, not many people fight here.
    6. Whompa. Omni's main source of retreat...wars go to crap when clanners camp the 10-3 whompa..very lame imho. It becomes omnis just zoning in to debuff people then zone back out. But atleast it pushes us back a bit.
    7. Gate. The Gate is located to the left of the whompa, where youll be aggro'ed by 4-6 'omni pol XS'...They hit for 600 each and have a high attack rating. A lot of the time omnis camp out here stupidly expecting clanners to 'come to them' and get raped by the guards...The other night there was a 'phony war' between hill campers and guard huggers...Keep in mind that these gate guards were only improved/expanded AFTER 14.5. Omnis won't do this on the most common occasion, but when they do, the battle becomes very stale.

KEY PEOPLE:
    Mikal Watts
    Ron Mcbane
    level 100ish mobs

I have no idea what these guys are for, but they have 1k damage shields. Don't AoE snare or use cluster bullets on anyone nearby them, you'll be aggroed and the reflect will kill you. A common thing a lot of clanners do against omni NTs is stand by ol' ron and let a AoE nuke hit them...NT is in hot pursuit. They are omni npc's btw, so check your tab button on who you're targetting before you fire a shot.

The level 100ish mobs were increased in quantity in 14.5...low levels literally have no viable way of pvp'ing there now if they are clanners. about 15% of the pvp area is safe to walk in for them without the fear of being jumped by an npc.

All in all, being that this is an omni outpost, without surprise the omni's have the upper hand. They have 2 more safe zones than clanners do, no guards to worry about (unless an omni enforcer mongos), and will never accidentally tab an npc that has a 1k damage shield.

At times it will be empty...at times it will be too populated of one side, and at times it will be fun. 2ho, i feel, will never really 'suck' because things seem to change every day.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: Re: PvP is Fun

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest

2ho? simple.

Grid in. Run north. Zone into the nearest bunker...refreshes grace...look around, take notice of how many omnis and how many clanners there are. Use warchat as a source of communication and coordination with other players.

There are several 'hotspots' in 2ho:
    1. 'bunkers' is commonly referred to as the boxed in corner that a lot of clanners prepare from to charge the 'hill.' The bunkers are a main source of retreat for clanners, and any assaulting omnis. It stretches from North to Northeast of the outpost.
    2. The 'hill' is across from the bunkers and has a large omni-tek logo on it.
    3. The 'coffee shop/grid area' is no doubt, the first place you see when you enter 2ho
    4. The 'helipad' is south from the grid terminal. a lot of people use this area as a rendezvous, but if you're caught, youll have to be careful since the only zone nearby is a bunker which is 25% inside.
    5. Garden. The NW most area, not many people fight here.
    6. Whompa. Omni's main source of retreat...wars go to crap when clanners camp the 10-3 whompa..very lame imho. It becomes omnis just zoning in to debuff people then zone back out. But atleast it pushes us back a bit.
    7. Gate. The Gate is located to the left of the whompa, where youll be aggro'ed by 4-6 'omni pol XS'...They hit for 600 each and have a high attack rating. A lot of the time omnis camp out here stupidly expecting clanners to 'come to them' and get raped by the guards...The other night there was a 'phony war' between hill campers and guard huggers...Keep in mind that these gate guards were only improved/expanded AFTER 14.5. Omnis won't do this on the most common occasion, but when they do, the battle becomes very stale.

KEY PEOPLE:
    Mikal Watts
    Ron Mcbane
    level 100ish mobs

I have no idea what these guys are for, but they have 1k damage shields. Don't AoE snare or use cluster bullets on anyone nearby them, you'll be aggroed and the reflect will kill you. A common thing a lot of clanners do against omni NTs is stand by ol' ron and let a AoE nuke hit them...NT is in hot pursuit. They are omni npc's btw, so check your tab button on who you're targetting before you fire a shot.

The level 100ish mobs were increased in quantity in 14.5...low levels literally have no viable way of pvp'ing there now if they are clanners. about 15% of the pvp area is safe to walk in for them without the fear of being jumped by an npc.

All in all, being that this is an omni outpost, without surprise the omni's have the upper hand. They have 2 more safe zones than clanners do, no guards to worry about (unless an omni enforcer mongos), and will never accidentally tab an npc that has a 1k damage shield.

At times it will be empty...at times it will be too populated of one side, and at times it will be fun. 2ho, i feel, will never really 'suck' because things seem to change every day.
    yeah dont forget 2 buy ga4 ..on ebay

woot! Thanks for the analysis Stromm

Re: Re: Re: PvP is Fun

Originally posted by loca

yeah dont forget 2 buy ga4 ..on ebay
    don't forget i don't have ga 4. lol.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Loco... shut yer hole... You post BS.. and you know it!