Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Nerf? You've done that enough

I guess its plain and simple unfair for newer player to deal with only a 8% scope, while older player can have a huge advantage of 7% more.

But hey, this game and the professions are totally imbalanced and I appreciate every change for a bit more balancing.
    I dont think that crits are good for the game. Oh yes, its cool to make HUUUUGE damage every 2nd or 3rd shot. But I remember the time when I was around lvl 70 or 80 and a little lvl 60 trader shot me down with 4 hits....... Its not ok, that you can kill someone so fast. Aim-crit, Fling-crit, crit - dead. That means no time of reaction, because you do that in only 1-2 sec.

And dont think you are safe in higher levels. Last time I fought an other soldier and he made more than 1678 crit on me with his River 6 and I was protected by a RRFe (30%). Without that he would have done almost 2400 (40% cap of my 6k HP)

Thats no fun when you get critted a few times in a row and a fight takes only a few seconds. That leaves no time for any tactics.

I'll bumb to nerf the crits and I appreciate this nerf - but at least FC should have done this in a better way....
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Post Why do the designer path this game huh?

Why do you think the designer patch this game..

its not all about nurf.. its all about balance if you
    dont see that this game is changeing then you dont know
    this game.. there is no such thing as nurf..every body
    shud be happy about balance..and see why thay do things..

dam it this is not the first time..lol

I can see some good things about the nurf. One some that want to pvp but won't or only do 1 time may start pvping more, which is great, more targets, more fun.

Also with the booster coming it will get more people to partake in land control, and give people less reason to beaver out of fights.

Now if they scrap the title system and diminish or remove rez effects there will be some rumbling!

*I guess its plain and simple unfair for newer player to deal with only a 8% scope, while older player can have a huge advantage of 7% more.*

A new player has the same chance of getting a good ELLTS as NSI, NSII, GA, by that I mean they level up make some money and buy one. Why should all of us be brought down to the same scope and same mods? Ql 250 VE's are easily blitzed and not worth the time to pick up and sell. Then the real kicker is a ql 250 VE is equippable with no ip spent with ingame buffs by fixers and adv's. I spent IP to equip my 14% ELLTS those with VE's didn't so yes I deserve a better crit mod.

What Davesbane said - it's NOT impossible for a newer player to get an ELLTS, for christ's sake I'm against this change as much as anyone, and I didn't start playing until after the LLTS's stopped dropping. Anyone can get one, but *gasp* that actually takes work.. and apparently the nerf-mongers want to be handed everything on a silver platter..

**** this game.

--K

yay!

From my point of view this looks like a real WEIRD nerf! More MA love! Seriously... all MAs should love this because the relative difference in crit chance will increase in our favour!
    Im a Ma myself, so it really wont matter much to me, and I recently switched from a 14% scope to a 8% VE for pvp purposes. The difference is very noticable; altho i may crit a little less than before, I evade a LOT more! (im talking pvp here)

Maybe funcom think theyre doing all the other classes but MAs a big favor by removing the scopes.. haha think again! We will do like 7 crits less in 100 hits.. (assuming attack rating and def. skill are equal) no big deal when we'll be able to lower our aggrobar and greatly decrease the chance of being crit upon!

Those of you claiming that ellts are "unbalancing" are WRONG. On a ql 200 ellts, the init penalties are a much bigger disadvantage than the 7% increase in critchance is an advantage. (compared to a ql 250 VE)

One thing that really pisses me off is the fact that no one will ever buy my 14% scope now. blah :P FC really love making valuable items worthless it seems

I'm currious, of those strongly opposed to the LLTS nurf, how many of you would just prefer to see the LLTS back in the game as a common mission loot item, the same as it once was? If that was the case I think it would be reasonable.

A long time ago, I suggested that instead of removing the LLTS from the game, it would be better to make the MA crit buffs (the now self only line) Melee/Ma only. So that you would only get a crit bonus IF your weapon type was melee/MA. Then make scopes and agent crit buffs ranged weapon only, so that the crit mod would only be good for gun users. Then the second MA line could be a hybrid that would include weapon users.

Anyway, sounds like a fine plan the way it turns out now, but it still won't be a dis-incentive to MAs to put down the River 6s.

Honestly, I'd just like to see more people PVP, esp Omni on RK 1. Even though this isn't a "skill" game it is a "knowledge" game, and these PVP noobies i see come into zones and get waxed in 10 seconds becuse they don't have a Blue's Clue, never come back, they are 1 shot wonders. I'm sure, even though the reason why they get waxed in 10 seconds has little to do with LLTSs, they feel they are on a slanted playfield because they exist and use it as an excuse to never return.

Originally posted by Davesbane
    A new player has the same chance of getting a good ELLTS as NSI, NSII, GA, by that I mean they level up make some money and buy one.
    ELLTS no longer drops. NS and GA does. You are wrong.

I'm not surprised by this change at all, and I don't mind it either. I'd prefered if it came sooner though, since a lot of people have spent a lot of money buying these scopes after they stopped dropping. Doing it now will make a lot of people upset, and it will make a lot of people happy. It will also mean nothing to a lot of people. That's pretty much how changes work, nerf or boost alike
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

I started playing while the LLTS still dropped. By the time i knew what one did, they had been patched out of the game. By the time i could afford to buy a decent one,m funcom come up with this bull****. Theres no way that a new modifier on my 11 percent ELLTS will make up for the 3 percent loss in crit chance and the gaping hole in my bank account. and now i am starting to think it really was all for nothing

might have something to do with a few MA's running around with

ELLS +15%
    2 GoC's +2%
    TTS +4%
    UVC +24%
    base crit chance +5%

greater than 50% chance of crit and fairly permanent.....
    It is higher then that....all the weapons have a hidden crit modifier, as far as I have understood it. This includes fists.

You will probably have closer to 60-75% crit chance as a MA with the above setup.
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

Bring out the Clone stick.

One face for all,
    one weapon for all,
    one profession for all,
    Nerf levels so we are all equal,
    one mob for all of us to constantly be attacking, all competing for looting rights on the "Nerf Stick of Idiocy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12