Thread: Don't nerf LLTS, add cap to crit % chance

Arrow Don't nerf LLTS, add cap to crit % chance

Just a suggestion. What if, instead of nerfing the LLTS (Which would make people unhappy), funcom were to just put a cap of 20-25% crit chance? (Maybe more, maybe less, but teh specific number would be Funcom's job) That would fix all the possible problems that LLTS's are giving... people with 50% crit chance and all. Anyone else think so?
    So, I showed her my dictionary to show her
    the words that I know, not quite desiring to,
    and how loquacious I can be when I set my
    mind down to it. But she wasn't impressed.
    Oh no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!
    She wasn't impressed at all.

caduceus

50%?
    how?

btw 25% cap? then everyone would have same crit chance as MA's.

ELLS +15%
    2 GoC's +2%
    TTS +4%
    UVC +24%
    base crit chance +5%

Ok, 49% chance, but hey. And like I said, maybe 30% cap, I dunno.

caduceus

This would solve nothing but trash the agent crit nanos. I think FC will think about it in 2 seconds, then dump it.

Well, it would exclude agent nanos of course. But maybeit's not such a good idea. Maybe that's not the problem. *shrug*

caduceus

base crit chance is 3% not 5%

Originally posted by Derrien
    base crit chance is 3% not 5%
    Base Crit chance is 3%, then you get 1% crit for every title level you gain.

1) Cap crits at 15-2X% no matter what items or spells one is wearing. Crits should be subject to extreme diminishing returns, not linear as they are now, LOL linear crits.

or

1) Only allow basic chance + ONE source of crit modifier (i.e. UVC + basic %)

and

2) Link crit resistance to armor class as well as evades as it should realistically be.

3) Return damage to 100% in PvP

Doing the above would be fair for all right?? no one profession or thing is nerfed and the damage is returned to 100% in pvp...unless you think MAs and agents somehow should have a monopoly on crits. Saying that this "ruins" agents or MAs nano lines is funny.

I agree on that.

But as everyone will have the same crit chance as ma's then I'm sure you agree with me that this is a bit unfair as it leaves them with nothing unique about their profession anymore.

Therefore I propose that accompanied by this fixed cap ma's get the following:

* fixer hots
    * mongo
    * tms
    * plunders
    * mochams
    * a slayerdroid
    * area calm
    * HE

In fact let's make every single buff in the game castable by all professions, surely this would be a lot better and more fair?

Hmm even better why not give everyone the same ip costs to raise skills as well?

Or wait yes let's do away with professions completely after all it would be much more balanced if everyone had the exact same skills?

bah, silly idea.

Hayake you are FULL OF IT

Let's talk about unique profession abilities for a moment. I play a charming, mezzing, fearing crat. Reflect on your absurd statements about the poor crit-gimped MA in that light for a moment. NOT ONE OF MY CHARACTER'S PRIMARY ABILITIES IS AVAILABLE IN PVP. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Your arguments are so disingenuous as to be laughable. The whole game, for better or worse, revolves around damage and critical hits, yet you continue to make the ridiculous claim that the MA somehow has priority status with respect to crits because of a SINGLE NANO LINE. The simple solution is to cap crits generally and then allow professions with crit nano lines a very small (5% or so) bonus after that. That is the reasonable solution. That is the fair solution. Your replies demonstrate that you are not interested in that kind of solution. You, like so many others in this game, see unfair advantage and then attempt to use every kind of distracting, disruptive trick (see your last post) to avoid a simple direct discussion of the pertinent game issues.

Re: Hayake you are FULL OF IT

Originally posted by Suzsu
    NOT ONE OF MY CHARACTER'S PRIMARY ABILITIES IS AVAILABLE IN PVP. NOT A SINGLE ONE.
    So?

The whole game, for better or worse, revolves around damage and critical hits, yet you continue to make the ridiculous claim that the MA somehow has priority status with respect to crits because of a SINGLE NANO LINE.[/B]
    Exactly. This whole game does not revolve around PvP.

Maybe you missed it, but MA got nerfed and pretty big time in Beta 4. They have only recently been improved. Now consider that a moment. They were recently improved. That should tell us something about how long ago the profession was examined by the devs, and how the devs decided to change them.

Stop asking for nerfs to anyone. Think about what would improve you, and leave it at that. If you are unable to see improvements for your own character, then continue to play happily along.

Your argument runs:

1)Critical hits are the defining characteristic of an MA.
    2)Capping critical hits will alleviate or at least narrow the crit difference between MAs and other professions.
    3)This is unacceptable because it removes uniqueness from the MA profession; (sarcasm) alternatively remove the MA crit advantage and give MAs all the special abilities of every other profession.

Statement 1) is true only in that critical hits are the defining characteristic of every profession that seeks to do damage. The correct way to state the proposition is "Critical hits are the defining characteristic of the combat model in AO." Among the many MA nano lines, one line increases the chance of a critical hit. This does not make critical hits the birthright of the MA, although I can see how you might think so as this game has been basically given over to your profession so why shouldn't you have everything.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that 1) is generally true. My response:

1) Charm, Mezz, Fear, etc. are the defining characteristics of a Crat.
    2) Charm, Mezz and Fear are completely unavailable in PvP, and severely nerfed in PvM.
    3) This is unacceptable because it removes uniqueness from the crat profession.

Now besides the fact that premise 1) of my argument is demonstrably true and premise 1) of your argument is false, the two arguments are almost parallel.

Your response... "So?"

I'll spell it out for you, LOTS OF CLASSES HAVE THEIR DEFINING CHARACTERISTICS WEAKENED IN THIS GAME. Just because the MA is the eterna lovechild of FC shouldn't make your class any different when it comes to balance.

You say, stop asking for nerfs... I believe that my proposals taken as a whole (i.e. leave scopes alone, cap crits, include AC in crit resist and go back to 100% dmg) are anti-nerf in essence. Look, they are going to nerf something and it might as well be the ridiculous disparity between the level of crits that an MA can achieve and the level of crits all the "lesser" professions can achieve. That's what is causing this whole mess to begin with. Cap crits FOR EVERYONE and give MAs/Agents ~5% greater caps to account for their nano lines. Why don't you see the fairness of this?

Because at the heart of it you aren't interested in fairness.

BTW, what is all this gibberish about MAs being recently improved? Can you just answer the simple question of why an MA should have greater than 5% crit chance than any other profession. After all people pay quite a bit of money for globes of clarity do they not? In Clarity Land, how many credits is 5% worth?
    Last edited by Jutlina; Oct 4th, 2002 at 00:03:25.