Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Friday with Means - July 10th, 2009 - Stims, Neutrals, Content and Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Can you play the game and tackle its content just fine with the options FC gives to you? Yes you can.

Whatever OCD made you farm every single last piece of Ofab on your 150 without once stepping onto the second most active BS says there's something seriously wrong with your expectations. And that's all there is to it.
    Pwning PvMers five!

*snapp*

sorry, way to much of the todd today, sooooooo sup with means? not posting at all today? -.^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Can you play the game and tackle its content just fine with the options FC gives to you? Yes you can.

Whatever OCD made you farm every single last piece of Ofab on your 150 without once stepping onto the second most active BS says there's something seriously wrong with your expectations. And that's all there is to it.
    As I said I wanted the AI lvls anyhow so I tried getting the VP that way since it was supposed to be perfectly possible to get our VP that way. I did get the rest which was in fact over half on that BS though, I never said I got it all in missions. I was just showing you that the VP is so bad it doesn't keep up with AI lvl caps even before the AXP boost which is what you said it would do.

Then you and your bunch often say you're against "easy mode" gains of VP which is why you're against any improvements for mission or other non-PvP VP. Yet at times in the same posts you say that you also tell us we're suppose to get our VP by hiding in a corner of a BS or by picking up VP clumps with a lowbie from kills made by 220s. You're against it being handed to us yet tell us to make use of ways where it is, that makes perfect sense.

Can you play the game and tackle its content just fine with the options FC gives to you?
    Could you?

Seems you can't for you cling to the oppressive ideals that things must remain the same and that it is always others who must change or deal with the content and options Funcom gives.

If Funcom chooses to change the content and options would you tackle the game as Funcom gives you?

I'm sure there's a change out there that you'd deem important enough to quit over not to mention just request alteration. If we are to be expected to tuff it out with settings as Funcom sees fit, would you do the same if something you liked changed?

I think you wouldn't. I think you, like anyone else, would jump up and down screaming at Funcom to "fix the game" to be more to your liking.

Don't try to give advice everyone knows you yourself wouldn't adhere to.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    If Funcom chooses to change the content and options would you tackle the game as Funcom gives you?
    Considering the following, it doesn't seem likely.
    Nope, I ccl about lowbie BS, it sucks to me and I already have all my ofabz, I already said that. I'd like for improvements to BS made, but that's a separate discussion altogether. Some people do enjoy it, they should be protected. Insisting that what currently exists in game is working just fine isn't asking for any change to any thing. No change in expectations, no change in dev workload, no change in game mechanics, no change anywhere. If FC decide they want to take that on, fine. Then I'll oppose it. But atm my only point is Working as Intended (tm).
    He says things are working as intended but ignores how FC even told us they were only increasing VP at BSs as they did in what turned out to be a failed effort to get them running. But should they change things, he'll oppose it as things are perfectly fine according to him. So even what FC says is to be dismissed and objected to if he decides he doesn't agree with it.

Although what you have to remember is that Chrys is your classic troll. While he may actually be interested in this matter as he does supposedly like PvP he also may not care at all. Instead he sees it as a good way to bug as many people as he possibly can. Insulting the other party does not "pwn" them in a debate despite what Rktim may think. But falling for their flame-bait traps by responding to their insults doesn't do you any good either.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    As I said I wanted the AI lvls anyhow so I tried getting the VP that way since it was supposed to be perfectly possible to get our VP that way. I did get the rest which was in fact over half on that BS though, I never said I got it all in missions. I was just showing you that the VP is so bad it doesn't keep up with AI lvl caps even before the AXP boost which is what you said it would do.

Then you and your bunch often say you're against "easy mode" gains of VP which is why you're against any improvements for mission or other non-PvP VP. Yet at times in the same posts you say that you also tell us we're suppose to get our VP by hiding in a corner of a BS or by picking up VP clumps with a lowbie from kills made by 220s. You're against it being handed to us yet tell us to make use of ways where it is, that makes perfect sense.
    Here's how the little merry-go-round works:

1) Waah waah need VPs slow wwaaahhh
    1a) Get something else then
    2) Waah waah nowai need VPs slow wwaaahhh
    2a) Fine go join BS
    3) Waah waah PVP sux wwaaahhh
    3a) Fine do LE mishes
    4) Waah waah VPs slow wwaaahhh
    4a) Fine get a TL7
    5) Waah waah OST sux wwaaahhh
    5a) Go to (1a)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Although what you have to remember is that Chrys is your classic troll.
    Psh. Im more a postmodern neo-surrealist troll tbh.
    While he may actually be interested in this matter as he does supposedly like PvP he also may not care at all. Instead he sees it as a good way to bug as many people as he possibly can. Insulting the other party does not "pwn" them in a debate despite what Rktim may think. But falling for their flame-bait traps by responding to their insults doesn't do you any good either.
    Pwnt.
    Could you?
    Yes.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Yes.
    Really, then why oppose any change? If you can deal with the game in any incarnation Funcom gives us why do you suggest changes or oppose changes?

Oh right, cause you're a hypocrite.
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

I cant help to wonder that if PhoenixofAges ever spend 1% of time he/she dedicated during last 3 years into making all those epic walls of text about not having enough VP, into actually trying to get VP instead, there wouldn't be any problem.

Really, then why oppose any change? If you can deal with the game in any incarnation Funcom gives us why do you suggest changes or oppose changes?

Oh right, cause you're a hypocrite.
    ur gonna make me cry now PHONEIX I N33DZ SUM OF TAT TISSHOO
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I cant help to wonder that if PhoenixofAges ever spend 1% of time he/she dedicated during last 3 years into making all those epic walls of text about not having enough VP, into actually trying to get VP instead, there wouldn't be any problem.
    You may have a point there
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

I've got lvl 24 chars with 1k or more alien kills for instance (I've seen some with about 2k-4k before). Spent weeks with the 150 doing nothing but missions for AXP and VP till it racked up something like 13k-17k kills. At 174 I went in some more and got AI 23 and her kill total reached about 20k. I've done grey missions with chars to do nothing but farm VP by running to the boss, killing, looting and repeating. Except for buff mule or the like type chars they are all AI lvl capped or not far off from it, many entirely from LE missions.

I spend a lot of time doing those mission for AXP and as much VP as I can get out of them. Mission VP though is very low and before long unless you spend months at them you can't hope to get much of the VP you may be after out of them. I can also type fairly well so writing up something of some length is not that hard.

*bump*

because of the metioned timeline for the german server - hopefully means dont forget that.

*bump*

concerning the last paragraph of first posting. so means dont forget said timeline...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011