Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Nerfing LLTS - Improvement suggestions only

Originally posted by Krabbus
    If you are going to nerf LLTS, please make it this way:

All scopes up to QL125 keeps the critmodifier (up to 8%), but no other modifiers to benefit the user. If the scope goes above 8% crit will it be reduced to 8% but adds some modifiers such as AS, AMS and inits to balance the crit loss...
    bump

What if scopes could give you a negative crit modifyer?
    Well, not on YOUR weapon, but on your oponent, against you. Less crits on you. Like a counter-item against scopes.

Lightbulb The Alternative We Can All Live With

Please, please, please I implore you to reconsider your plan to remove the LLTS from the game & implement the following alternative. Introduce the higher QL Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer, adjust the QLs to be 1-200 & also reintroduce the Low Light Targeting Scope as missionable items. The Ranged Initiative penalty should be lowered slightly for both scopes & the Range Increase bonus, although irrelevant, should be the same. I would also like to see the Nanocasting Initiative penalty removed from the lower QL VEs or added to all the QLs, including the LLTS. But hey, I'm an Agt Although, a NcI penalty on the VE is not objectionable to me. Also, with the ip costs to equip both scopes as they are, the LLTS should have a higher AS bonus than the VE IMO. That green hue must be good for something. And about that lovely green hue, I like the suggestions for it to be turned OFF/ON with a screwdriver using the same skills required to equip it. Possibly even lowering the AS bonus to match the VE when deactivated. And the last piece of the puzzle, as much as I hate to say this, maybe the MA self-only crit buff line should be removed from the game. Not everyone is going to be happy here, but isn't this the best compromise we have & probably the easiest to implement? /me ducks and attempts to parry attack
    Thanks for listening
    Last edited by Pneuma; Oct 3rd, 2002 at 23:16:17.

I hope you know that this will destroy my MA ENGINEER ?????
    Take a deep breath, re-read my post and realize I am one of the good guys. (well girl in this case)

Originally posted by Hayake

Take a deep breath, re-read my post and realize I am one of the good guys. (well girl in this case)
    Ehm, how can it be good when you suggest a "-1200 phys init". Girl, do you know how much phys init cost for an engineer????

Anyway, if FC decide to nerf LLTS, they have to give each of the owners at least 4 IPR points (one for init, main weaponskill, EE, WS) and a few millions of credits

Ehm, how can it be good when you suggest a "-1200 phys init". Girl, do you know how much phys init cost for an engineer????

Anyway, if FC decide to nerf LLTS, they have to give each of the owners at least 4 IPR points (one for init, main weaponskill, EE, WS) and a few millions of credits
    /me sighs

Reread it again.

I do not suggest -1200 Phys Init.

I suggest that CZ removes all the posts that do suggest things like that from the thread.

CZ stated that this thread was ment for improvements only, things to make the llts keep their value. Nerfing them even further as some people suggest do not fall in that category.

sorry then I'm was a bit mad when I saw these threads... hehe

just nerf the damn scopes to 8% and change the init's to match VE. As a bonus, give a bit of Off. modifier + rifle + aimed shot extra.

Anything else would just make them still to powerful
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll close the thread, and post a late-week update on the issue, and leave you with that thread and suggestion for the weekend.

Here's the new thread.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567