Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: lilnymph chatty thread

I love that, thanks.

Hugs
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

ahhh now i get it

Now i see how you people get crazy post counts... shifty you are all shifty nastards
    Queen of the fat fixers!

Please give atroxes a Female looking face, I mean if its a neut make it a neut, but they all look like MEN!

hehehe would we use underhanded methods such as this to boost our post counts?.........

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

No... I spread my spam around to many different threads, myself

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Talking Things said in a courtroom ...

ROFLOL what a great post Lil! Certainly made my day ... and yes, as one of the corporate director types, i can certainly assure you that all of the paperwork that you do for us is highly valuable and worthwhile ... as we director-types usually can't find our way out of paper-bags without help ... errr ...

hugs to all, and welcome to another installment of lilnymph's chatty thread .

Hope everyone is ok this fine (well, wet and miserable here, but so it goes) day.

Todays random topic for you all to ignore, is what sort of office (or school, or university building etc) do you work in?

I work in an old building, split up into a few large offices, with a few small office rooms of them. I sit in the personnel office (makes sense since I am the personnel manager ) and generally try and makesure any paper that somehow finds its way to my desk moves on as fast as possible, either by giving it to the first person in my department that walks past me (dont you just love delegation) or sending it upwards. Also seem to have gained myself the job as IT manager, on the grounds our IT manager is off sick, and I am about the only other person at management level or above who actually knows anything about computers (like, how to turn them on hehe)

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Speed Zoo.

(Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.)

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Open plan, cables n books everywhere, lots of old coffee/tea cups hanging around..

*sigh*
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

IT department of a financial institution. And, yep, it's as boring as it sounds. Sitting in a cube farm, coordinating with other groups, setting up tests, documenting results, coding fixes to the existing code base... Bleh.

/s 65 doc lft!

Originally posted by Laroche
    ...coding fixes to the existing code...
    Yeah, right. We've all heard that one before.
    You mean "screwing it up even worse", don't you

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

I work as a design consultant for a large mobile telecoms supplier, and yes, it is boring.. Also we are based in a dodgy part of the city, and our cars get broken into regularly. Bastids!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Gene13

Yeah, right. We've all heard that one before.
    You mean "screwing it up even worse", don't you

/G13
    Hey, that's what I'm good at ok? I think they also call that "job security"...

hehe I have an open plan, laid back office (seriously, can you really see me with anything else but a laid back office? )

Also, being in charge of the payroll, I have everyone in the company being nice to me atleast once a month

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

LOL make them dance for their paycheck
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Secluded...

I'm WAY up on the 55th floor of a tower, in an office with over 400 total employees (law firm w/ ~200 lawyers). What's miserable is that I have an interior office, so no window to stare out across the city . (So instead I stare out across the forums )

Must be nice to be casual and laid back...here life is stiff as a board and dressed to the nines. Really makes the morning routine that much harder having to dress up.

Anyone in a big office? Ever notice how you develop this automated greeting for people you pass in the office/elevators/lobby/etc.? Here's the typical conversation, after eye contact has been established:

Employee 1: Hi, how are you?
    Employee 2: Fine thanks. How are you?
    Employee 1: Good thank you.

And then you just walk away...I should really count how many times the above occurs in the course of a day...

Cube farm, as mainframe programmer for an insurance/financial services corporation. Lots of books and papers everywhere, along with the odd toy, plant, and halloween decoration.

I have a single cube, because of a support pillar and some luck, but my teammates are all doubled up.

Re: Secluded...

Originally posted by Alamexis
    What's miserable is that I have an interior office, so no window to stare out across the city .
    Office? You have an office? Count yourself lucky - atleast you have some warning when your manager swings by...

me: reading through AO forums...
    boss: "What's that web page you're always staring at?"
    me: "uh..."

I'm beginning to get real paranoid...

Re: Re: Secluded...

Originally posted by Laroche
    Office? You have an office?
    No. As one of the Partner's here joked recently "the office actually belongs to the filing cabinets and bookshelves, but I think you can share..."

Besides, even when I close my door it doesn't stop them from coming in...last time I was away, I swiped the hotel's "do not disturb" door sign and tried it here. Didn't work.

The only thing that saves me is the fact that my monitor doesn't face the doorway!

Gah - my boss just walked by...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast