Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get MP buffs!

How to get MP buffs!

This is a quick guide on what to do and what not to do when asking for a buff from an MP.

First a list of things NOT TO DO
    1. DO NOT use phrases like this: "MC/TS mochams plzz"
    2. DO NOT be in a yalm when you ask! (This might be only me, but I personaly hate buffing ppl in yalms. Make me feel like a slot machine)
    3. DO NOT ***** if you get a "No" we have alot to do and dont have time to waste on explaining to you why.

Then some things you should do
    1. Always offer a tip! ALWAYS! In the first tell! A correct /tell asking for MP buffs would look something like this:

/tell RandomMP Hello there mister. Do you think you could hook me up with MC/TS mochams? I will tip of course

2. Always be within the line of sight! If you found the MP by doing a /list you should always tell him that so that he wont start looking around for you.
    3. Always have enough NCU avaiable! Mochams take about 50 NCU each, Infuses around 40 and Masteries around 14.
    4. Alwyas specify wich buff(s) you want, dont make the MP ask (Personaly, if an engi walks up to me I know he prolly want ts/mc but you never know)
    5. Be polite! We are NOT a right, we are a prvilege.

Follow these rules and Im sure you will get many friends and a lifetime supply of MP buffs!

Edit:
    Of course this also apply when asking for any other buff or scervice from any other proff!
    Last edited by Talornin; Jan 8th, 2003 at 01:35:35.

Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

You still play MP Tal?

MP's are gimps
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

Find it funny that MPs whine about giving buffs. At least you don't have to swap implants, beg for buffs from traders and doctors, and then swap your implants again to cast a mocham. Then again I'm biased I guess..

~Chris

Your point beeing?

Re: How to get MP buffs!

Originally posted by Talornin
    This is a quick guide on what to do and what not to do when asking for a buff from an MP.

First a list of things NOT TO DO
    1. DO NOT use pharses like this: "MC/TS mochams plzz"
    2. DO NOT be in a yalm when you ask! (This might be only me, but I personaly hate buffing ppl in yalms. Make me feel like a slot machine)
    3. DO NOT ***** if you get a "No" we have alot to do and dont have time to waste on exlaining to you why.

Then some things you should do
    1. Always offer a tip! ALWAYS! In the first tell! A correct /tell asking for MP buffs would look something like this:

/tell RandomMP Hello there mister. Do you think you could hook me up with MC/TS mochams? I will tip of course

2. Always be within the line of sight! If you found the MP by doing a /list you should always tell him that so that he wont start looking around for you.
    3. Always have enough NCU avaiable! Mochams take about 50 NCU each, Infuses around 40 and Masteries around 14.
    4. Alwyas specify wich buff(s) you want, dont make the MP ask (Personaly, if an engi walks up to me I know he prolly want ts/mc but you never know)

Follow these rules and Im sure you will get many friends and a lifetime supply of MP buffs!

Talornin 139 MP, Rk1
    I agree with you on every point, but on these forums, making an objective and well worded statement only gets you flamed :/

Best to reply to the buff begger with "50k per mocham, money up front. if I don't see you in front of me within the next 10 seconds, you go on ignore and you don't get jack".

There's so few MPs out there that you'd actually get away with it hehehe. Don't delete that MP. Within a month there may only be a dozen active chars that can cast mochams and with the sick requirements on some of the new nanos...cha-ching!!!

A bizzare thought

Invite the MP into your team. That way you won't feel like an ass copping the buffs, dropping some credits on him, and then going off to have fun with 5 other people (none of which are MP's). Just imagine that Mocham's are soon going to be changed into a speech-type buff and practice playing how the game will work when that happens. You'll be happy and the MP will be happy.

Re: A bizzare thought

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Invite the MP into your team. That way you won't feel like an ass copping the buffs, dropping some credits on him, and then going off to have fun with 5 other people (none of which are MP's). Just imagine that Mocham's are soon going to be changed into a speech-type buff and practice playing how the game will work when that happens. You'll be happy and the MP will be happy.
    Heheh, I was going to mention that too...If im shouting LFG outside of Tir and someone within my level range asks for a buff, it's rather simple...they don't get buffed. If they stand there for over five seconds, Ill keep shouting LFG, hoping they get the hint. They almost never do. The wheels in the minds of players turn slow at times.

If they send a tell sometimes Ill say something semi-witty, like tell them that mp buffs are team only, or Ill come right out and ask if they have room on their team. If their team is full, I say "well I guess you didnt think that out too well, now did you?"

If the team has an empty slot, then hey, I just got myself a team

I was just about to say...

Something witty but what the hell. Just remember that things work both ways.

I see irritating MP who refuses to help (yes, I am usually one of those polite types who ask nicely, stand in front and gasp, even pay for service) just put his name up.

MP's suck for parties 150+. Actually they do even before and taking MP to party is charity and they should be damn aware of it by now. So they are not helping their case by being *******s now are they?

Anyways I always buff everyone who asks unless I am busy or pissed about something but I prefer that you dont send a tell to me but instead come front of me and use vicinity instead.

Offering something for it is always a good sign but as a hint, offering less than 50k for 150+ player is not an appreciation. Its more like throwing a cent to the floor and saying "Oops did I drop it? Now go fetch it dog..."

Thats why I usually give something between 50-200k myself when I give something. That actually might mean something (especially if youre in right place)...

I got like 2M in tips (usually 100-200k) in few minutes in Doc false casting +80 Treatment buff and that even shows in my low bank account unlike getting 20k's.

Zarch and da chars

What ?!?! you get back into the game and start buffing you buff biatch

seriously, like a doc, if you play a MP you should expect to get requests for your buffs evry so often (docs to get for groups and SFA though) and like you some people are in a hurry or got otherthings they should do instead, and due to FunCom's way of making it so that some professions depends enteirley on other professions buffs to stay en-line with the other professions, it is often troublesome finding a MP or whatever you need that are not afk (belive it or not but it is sometimes a pain to find a playuer that got just the buffs you need).. and their way of asking the "unlucky" MP then is often not the most intelligent, but keep in mind that the person might have spent 30-60-90-120 min looking for a profession like you. turning him/her down due to the way they request the buff is like kicking them hard in the leg. aslong as they say what buffs they need like in MC/TS or whatever you should not lay to much weight on how its said, unless ofcourse, its offensive ...

and remember that if you dont like to be hit by people who do /list you can always do a /anon
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Docs get bugged for buffs also, but then there are 10 docs able to cast SFA for every MP able to cast Mochams and still Im having a harder time finding SFA then Mochams with my alt. And docs dont have to dump buffs worth 1 full bar of nano on themselves to do SFA.

It may be so that a person have spendt 120 minutes looking for a buff, but you can be almost sure that I have spendt those 120 minutes trying to sell something, talk to my friends, looking for clusters or whatever while getting a /tell a minute begging for mochams. I have no problems with buffing ppl, I just want them to be polite and make it as easy for me as possible! After all, would you look in the yellow pages, find a carpenter, call him and say: "Fix my house plzz!" then expect him to know straight away where it is, what is wrong and driver over to fix it for free?

Zarch: Im not beeing an a**. You are, thus NO MOCHAMS FOR j00!

I just want them to be polite and make it as easy for me as possible! After all, would you look in the yellow pages, find a carpenter, call him and say: "Fix my house plzz!" then expect him to know straight away where it is, what is wrong and driver over to fix it for free?
    Whenever I bump into people like that I usualy just buff their int in hope that it might help
    And the worst part is that some of them think they just got buffed with the right buff or whatever as they say "thx" or shout for the infamous "ty" .. whomever he is..
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

/me cant remember the last time he got a tip for buffing mochams..

/me no longer buffs anyone outside his team with mochams

Problem solved.

Bump! This thread will NOT be forgotten!

Originally posted by Talornin
    Your point beeing?
    Casting mochams is easy. What's your problem?

~Chris

Casting one mochams is easy yes. But casting 3 of them every five minutes you happen to be in an aerea with ppl can be annoying.
    I fly to the top of the tower on platform in Ent and stay there (in my yalm) to get away. I am /anon have been for a long time. Ppl fly up there and ask me! I have to get out of my yalm, buff myself with 3xinfuses and Odins, THEN cast Mochams. I dont mind doing this, but I DO mind getting tells ike this "MC/TS mochies pls" or "MC/TS pls" or "mochies pls" and I do mind to use 20 Nano kits in 15 minutes and get nothing back. This post doesnt say tht I dont want to cast mochams, I just want ppl to be polite and offer a tip. And I want ppl to understand if they get a "no" and not start to *****.

Shouldn't have been a MP.
    ~Q~
    Btw, you better get some tips soon. You owe me 1m.
    [QAETUS]-[FIRST ORDER]
    Qaetus the Chain Insurance Claim Caster
    ‘I asked God for strength that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
    I asked for help that I might do greater things; I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
    I asked for riches that I might be happy; I was given poverty that I might be wise.
    I asked for all things that I might enjoy life; I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
    I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. Despite myself, my prayers were answered. I am among all men most richly blessed.’

Re: I was just about to say...

Originally posted by Zarch
    MP's suck for parties 150+. Actually they do even before and taking MP to party is charity and they should be damn aware of it by now. So they are not helping their case by being *******s now are they?
    Zarch and da chars
    Theres so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start. Well first off, I agree with Tal about all his points...

To Zarch, with my ranged init of 720 I hit about once every 1.5 seconds with my X3, typically doing about 800-1000 damage (I crit for 3k). In between these shots, I nuke, usually doing an additional 900 points of damage. So every *1.5* seconds I do about 1.8k damage - with a crit this damage comes to about 4k including the nuke. I usually add to my AR by running UA or rifle mastery etc and this takes my AR up to 950+ (my highest ever AR beeing 1100). This is enough to keep me doing at least equal damage to most other professions at my level (164). I have been known to do the most damage in a team (which inlcluded soliders and agents).

I use a nano pack (not stim - a pack) EVERY mob - so keep those tips rolling in

I am no xp leech. I will say tho, as most other professions, the MP has times when it is hard to keep up with a teams damage - levels 120-140 were like this for me, where my demon had becomes useless to my team and, as I didnt have IP for a decent weapon yet, my nukes were my only damage. However, I have played every other type of character and found that most of those (particularly the profs that rely on nanoskills for damage such as an NT) also faced dry-spells, where they would find it hard to keep up with the teams damage due to skill caps etc.

Fiveskin

I dunno about some morons out there, but the few times I have needed mocham's, I ALWAYS tip. I also tip for masteris, SFA, IC, Essences, Sniper's, ES, and FG. And anything else I can use.

Mind you I have to admit noone ever tips for NCU, HoTs, Runbuffs, trips to the Fixer Grid, etc. In fact the only ones that ever tip Fixers that I've seen are enfs looking for back pain :P

Not that I'm complaining, I can blitz for cash better then you guys. MPs deserve a good tip.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by Kasimir
    I dunno about some morons out there, but the few times I have needed mocham's, I ALWAYS tip. .....

Not that I'm complaining, I can blitz for cash better then you guys. MPs deserve a good tip.
    We don't want cash. We want teams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast