Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark days are coming

Dark days are coming

Funcom's new MMO (The Secret World).
    2 new videos released on gametrailers.com.

Trailer:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47571.html

Ragnar Tornquist Interview:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47696.html
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Have they put a release date on this yet?

This game is sort of Buffy the MMO version afaics
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Question

They should work on the Dreamfall instead.

Now that's a setting I like.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Onoes. Not another Hellgate.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

great trailer.

Looks pretty awesome.
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

AoC has some amazing trailers too /shrug

I like the trailer. I'll probably try out The Secret World if FC ever gets around to releasing it. I'm sort of mystified, though, as to why they have slowly trickled out info on this game over the last three years and even in this interview clip Ragnar Tornquist basically says he has no idea when the game will be released.

I understand viral marketing and trying to generate buzz, but they keep releasing info then waiting a year before they release anything new. That seems pretty inconsistent.

And, just for the record, I'm guessing that The Secret World will be released in late 2011 just to capitalize on all the 2012 conspiracy/end of world/mankind is doomed attitudes that will be popping up.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

The most attractive part of TSW isn't the trailers, it's the whole viral marketing angle. They really did a tremendous job back in 2007 for the announcement of the game that drew in very many fans. There is already a whole community due to that and when the newest puzzle appeared a few days ago that same community dove in and deciphered it very quickly.

I missed out on this one as it happened but the first one is something I'll never forget, it literally consumed me and lots of others for the better part of a week. Check out the forums to see what I'm talking about, the puzzles and the process of solving them are well documented. It's pretty amazing to see how much interest and excitement FC stirred up over this game before any details of it were known.

Can someone hold my hand?
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

http://www.massively.com/2009/04/07/...-secret-world/

I'll keep tabs on it as long as Gaute has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Sterva; Apr 7th, 2009 at 22:53:04.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

I'm so excited for this game. Lately games have become redundant, and TSW looks stunning, and the concept is revolutionary. It looks to be like everything I'd hoped it would be and then some. Truly impressed FC, and you can count on me playing it, fo sho.
    ~~
    RK2 Guernica - 220 (18) Mp
    RK2 Taotou - 180 (12) Doc
    + Assorted old toons I don't play anymore
    ~~
    ╞╤╧╪♥Gue♥ ╪╧╤╡
    [Vantura]: guerni can I get ssome loving
    To [Vantura]: I'm sorry, but you're clan. I'm omni. It would never work. I'm high maintenance. I need towers above TL 4. And none of those gay animal hats you guys wear.

This is the one I've been holding out for.

Having said that, I really should watch these trailers before posting.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

But it's Funcom so we know it will be awful, eh, eh?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Awful enough to play 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    My main issue with FC is their inability to keep to deadlines/timetables they set for themselves, and that they make bad PVP games. AO being a shining example, though being my first MMO, I couldn't have known better.

That said Ragnar is a genius and it's definitely on the to-play list. Currently keeping tabs on Earthrise, Jumpgate, Global Agenda, TSW, Diablo 3, Fallen Earth, Mortal Online, Warhammer 40k MMO and Fallout MMO. It'll be interesting to see which come out of the pack unscathed.
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Have they put a release date on this yet?

This game is sort of Buffy the MMO version afaics
    Doesn't even have a date for when beta begins yet.

...Although solving the latest batch of puzzles results in what certainly looks like a beta key, there's no place to enter the code yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Just the launch, and that's if Gaute is working. Then they'll shift competent people from AO to AoC, and AoC to TSW to fix the screw ups of their predecessors in time to not lose too much of their playerbase permanently.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Everything I've heard about AoC under Sil has been positive. This from AoC players who had no idea how much Sil turned AO around after the travesty that was LE.
    bai2u!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast