Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scopes and melee

Originally posted by Noer
    I would say scopes are a range-thing while flurry is a melee thing.
    How much does flurry increase crit? QL200 = 15%, QL1 = 1%?
    Apprentice Cerveza "Nipper" Fria
    Rookie Chrome "Kromega" Omega

Member of Synergy Factor

Flurry = 10% for ql 1, 20% for ql 200. Lasts, supposely, 15 seconds. Locks Agg/Def for 2 minutes and 30 secs per use (meaning you may use it every 2 minutes and 30 secs).
    Did I mention ql 200 is unusable by anyone?

Thanks... I'm just curious how you figured out QL1 = 10%?
    Apprentice Cerveza "Nipper" Fria
    Rookie Chrome "Kromega" Omega

Member of Synergy Factor

stats on db site show it

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: FoB - cause some are ignorant of it.

Originally posted by Cheetra
    no it's not AS beneficial, yes you do have to max your ranged init and implanting it is a good idea too to get the most out of a FoB but it's useable for you folks too
    Look what you write for a second, think, then, heeey seems melee people *does* have an advantage over ranged then. Stop proving my case. ta. As long as Ranged+LLTS+FoB != Melee+LLTS+FoB and FoB ranged < Fob melee then LLTS must have a small enhancement for ranged over melee too, maybe you understand that? Goodie.

I'm not the only one that thinks like that as well because Funcom suggested it themselves too.

Start thinking before you call people ignorant; its used too much.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Just great, since when was flurry the subject of uber crits?

I tell you...BUY ONE AND TRY IT.

Its not so good as its set out to be.

I rely on my scope so much.
    As do others.
    Leave it.
    Why nerf melee?

Mine gives me 15% crit.
    When I use it i crit as much as I do without it.
    You want to waste even more fast attack on get no bonus from it, fine.

NTS DONT LOSE NANO INIT USING ONE DO THEY? And they can use a gun........affected by 15% -init ofcourse but still cast at no cost what so ever.
    happy happy joy joy.
    Last edited by Cloudeh; Oct 8th, 2002 at 07:19:17.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Just great, since when was flurry the subject of uber crits?

I tell you...BUY ONE AND TRY IT.

Its not so good as its set out to be.

I rely on my scope so much.
    As do others.
    Leave it.
    Why nerf melee?

Mine gives me 15% crit.
    When I use it i crit as much as I do without it.
    You want to waste even more fast attack on get no bonus from it, fine.

NTS DONT LOSE NANO INIT USING ONE DO THEY? And they can use a gun........affected by 15% -init ofcourse but still cast at no cost what so ever.
    happy happy joy joy.
    Heheh I got several and all my char *use* one too

I like them when I don't have adds and can afford getting damaged, especially if I use a slow weapon like a HS with my soldier or my Urban Cross with 2.2s with my ma. I did 1hb sticks with my doc. I *know* what it does, doesn't mean I go for balance and say I agree on the post made by Cz about the init penalties.

I rely on scopes too, and think its funny and handy to also be able to use a FoB but balance? Then I say take away that FoB from me. Even while I use them for more then a year.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Sure, Letah, you can express your opinion, but is your words means what everyone thinks? The fact remains that without the scope, Melee users gets the bite, especially the 1hb users, which consist a large portion of enf population.
    I can careless what you do with your chars, the fact remains that a class that's bad enough is getting screwed even more.

Yes my weapons do rely on crits.

If you want to nerf scopes then make blood bats boss drp because those weapons are certianly the ones 1hb enforcer need.

That or change my 1-300(300) ish crappy **** staff to

30-600(1) heh :P
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Originally posted by Phione
    Sure, Letah, you can express your opinion, but is your words means what everyone thinks? The
    your opinion too, we all have one, and its yours and the ppl behind you against me and the ppl agreeing with me.

thats hows life, differnent ideas, live with it, accept, discuss, respect.

you lack the latter and call ppl ignorant, my apolegies for trying to dicuss this with you.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

The fact is that you cannot provide any vaild data to support your view about how FoB is enough to compensate the loss of Scopes' crit chance if such melee user nerf does occur.
    For your information, the highest ql anyone can use prvides perhaps 16%, and are you telling me 16% for 15 sec can compensate 8% permernent?

Oh, and btw, 8% = what almost "all" melee users use (to keep weapon at 1/1), however, ranged may use a Ithaca, Rivers, or Raid with 15% and still funtion at 1/1. This makes whatever advantage FoB provides absoultly pointless.

Cz, make this thread a sticky, or giving us official words about the defination of Scopes. Whether it's something you put on your face, or something you put on your weapon.

Haha I just read most of this thread... cmon guys... lets not take everything word for word.... just cause we call it a targeing scope in RL and use it for one purpose doesnt make it the same here...

What I think is since this is a "HUD" - Heads up Display - item.. it can do anything... helping you find the critical area on a person when youre going to snipe them or stab them directly in the spine... doesnt matter... its a critical scope.... who cares its called a targetting scope... whoppdie s***... if anythign that proves that it can be used for melee and ranged... cause youre infact targeting the critical areas of a target.

And again I stress... its a Heads Up Display item... if it could help you find the brain on a person 100m out.. it can help you find the heart/liver/lung/throat/etc on someone 1 m away.
    You can do anything at Zombo

HUD upgrade

"TIM" scope is really called a HUD upgrade: Enhance Aquisition Something... right?

When u are wearing a LLTS... u have to disable effects so u don't go around seeing through a tunnel... right?

And these effects don't go away even if you r wearing nothing but the scope (that would be nude 8)... right?

So... it would seem to me that the "scope" is just another HUD upgrade that's mounted over your eye imp. Maybe they are all the same shape so they can stack, there's more than one hud.

two cents

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234