Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scopes and melee

My suggestion is to add a sneak attack modifier to the LLTS, reduced init penalty, concealment modifier, and, lastly, a sort of temporary crit modifier (kind of like Flurry) that lasts for a short time when used.

Originally posted by Phione
    My suggestion is to add a sneak attack modifier to the LLTS, reduced init penalty, concealment modifier, and, lastly, a sort of temporary crit modifier (kind of like Flurry) that lasts for a short time when used.
    Errr... its a targeting scope. So you wanna put a scope on your stick so you can do better sneak attacks with it? LOL
    ~Lone

I don't see why not. It increases Aimed Shot, so why not sneak attack?? They both have the exact same idea, except one is ranged and the other is melee.

I don't see why not. It increases Aimed Shot, so why not sneak attack?? They both have the exact same idea, except one is ranged and the other is melee.
    Errrm have you ever seen a "TARGETING Scope" in Real Life? *lol*
    Quotation from a statement of Henry Radiman, official Clan Leader:
    >> "Action is needed," says Radiman. "Commentary is needed. Policy is needed. The Council is needed." <<

------------
    Marariella, once a Member of The Council
    ------------

I would say scopes are a range-thing while flurry is a melee thing.

LOOK out its the mad farmer with a targeting scope on his shovel - he will aim and hit you hard on the head with it.

Targeting scopes on hands, beams, swords and such just sounds stupid in my ears.

Just like UVC, LMA, VS shouldn't work on anything else than fist-damage (been saying this since they made it self-only).
    ~Lone

The original idea of sneak attack/aimed shot is to sneak up to the enemy and then attack, so what does it have to do with farmer with a shovel?
    I don't remember any farmer able to sneak up and attack
    Plus, this is not real life, this is a game, so get your heads together.

btw, the "targeting scope" is something you "wear on your face", accordingly, not soemthing you put on your weapon (for this game that is).

The original idea of sneak attack/aimed shot is to sneak up to the enemy and then attack, so what does it have to do with farmer with a shovel?
    I don't remember any farmer able to sneak up and attack
    Plus, this is not real life, this is a game, so get your heads together.
    The item discussed here is a TARGETING SCOPE. It has nothing to do with sneaking up behind a user and backstab them. Its an item that makes you better at AIMING.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Noer

LOOK out its the mad farmer with a targeting scope on his shovel - he will aim and hit you hard on the head with it.

ROFL...

that scopes work with melee and hand to hand combat is such an obvious flaw, It should be classified as a bug
    "We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

You wear it ON YOUR FACE, not ON YOUR WEAPON!

Look at the icon for the item for crying out loud...

You wear it ON YOUR FACE, not ON YOUR WEAPON!

Look at the icon for the item for crying out loud...
    who cares where you put it? It still a TARGETING SCOPE.
    ~Lone

It matters totally, since you kept saying that have a scope on a shovel doesn't make sense, but in this case, it's not on the weapon, which makes your argument totally invaild.

This Low Light Targeting Scope not only adds a nice bonus to your range, it also adds a bonus to your chance of hitting a vital part when you shoot. NOTE: Using this requires you to use more time for each shot, and thus increasing chances of getting a critical. It works at close quarters too, but is not recommended.
    Doesn't sound to me like they were intended to melee (close combat).
    ~Lone

It matters totally, since you kept saying that have a scope on a shovel doesn't make sense, but in this case, it's not on the weapon, which makes your argument totally invaild.
    You don't get it, a targetting scope goes on a ranged weapon, the fact they work with melee at all is a blessing. It goes on your head? where, that HUD? I wasnt aware a HUD spot was on my head.

I use melee and think sneak attack bonus is a dumb idea. Melee should get an equal item to targetting scope with that on there, something not called TARGETTING SCOPE.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

pfft, now you're changing your argument again and using something else to do so.
    If something have to completely match the description of it, then, just for your information, things like Enforcer's Rage line should break every single debuff, but it doesn't.

To my knowledge, there are quite a few military purpose helmet mounted (or even windshield mounted) targeting scopes (or devices). Not that it makes much sense on a melee weapon

where else would it be??
    The shape of the item can be seen on many different items, including things like Nano Programming Interface, and NCU Hacker Interface. Are you meant to say that those goes on your weapon as well?

Oh, and this is the 295th century (or somewhere around there), not the 21th century. There are things like Cloaking Devices, and ppl can even enhance their own ability to conceal themselves.
    The augument basing on 21th century cannot be considered in the logic of 295th century.

lol... bad Cz moved my post
    Again, I stand firm on my ground regarding this issue.
    Enforcers are not just purely hack and slash barbarians (same goes for melee Advs). We are basicly Military Personel that's specialized in close range weaponary.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast