Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 8th Anniversary Screenshot Competition!

Nice, nice.

I went with the Wireless bars via agents

edit :

I feel like i should've used my first attempt at this competition for a screen.

Last edited by Marinesold; Aug 5th, 2009 at 00:27:08.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    edited

basic

here are mine :O
    Having fun with that command I see?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

edited

basic

here are mine :O
    I see I am not the only one having had fun with the /fxscript commands
    Maybe it would be nice of us to post them next time they run a competition, so everyone has an equal chance
    --With the note that they might crash your client, if you run out of RAM.

Thank you for sharing

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

*Update*
    Here are two more using effects, if only we could have submited 1 per category per paid account..
    Bombing Borealis 1

Bombing Borealis 2
    Both of those are non-edited basic shots
    Last edited by ArienSky; Aug 5th, 2009 at 00:46:36.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    This is from the first post:

If that does not spell 1 entry per category per person, along with

As I read it, the question, goes on per category.

Plus I mentioned 1 entry per category per person in my last post..
    If I am wrong, the communication about rules has been really bad indeed.

Comi, I can only agree with you, as I have put before, that the rules need to be very clear the next time they run a competition like this.

When we can have a debate like this, being confused about the rules, interpreting, quoting to see the truth, then the rules indeed needs to be clearer, there should be no doubt about the rules, as doubt about the rules, only will give those who are lucky enough to have the right interpretation an advantage.

I am as worried as you, that I have the wrong interpretation..
    For me it means disqualifying.. on the other hand, if I am right, you missed a chance to wining.

But all in all, I am sure Famine and the Community Managers have learned
    Clear rules from the start.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    We can make them clearer next time. The statement "double the chances to win" was assumed to be understood that you have 2 chances to win by submitting 2 screenshots (1 per category; 1 submission). The statement is directed to you as an individual (1 person, 1 account, 1 submission).

The question presented was if you could submit more than one screenshot per category with multiple accounts. The answer was no because the max amount of screenshots you can submit is 2 (1 per category and there is 2 categories 'Basic' and 'Edited') per individual (1 submission).

This was the only unclear portion of the rules that normally is universally understood as 1 account (max) per person = 1 submission (1 screenshot per category).
    Last edited by Famine; Aug 5th, 2009 at 01:02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by wrangeline View Post
    having fun with that command i see? :d

Last edited by Ninj00; Aug 5th, 2009 at 03:19:52.

Thumbs up Thank you Famine

Thank you for the clarification and answers Famine
    I appreciate you taking time to do this, so we do not have to worry about maybe having broken the rules.
    Next time we will have a kick-behind competition

Comi, can we see the screenshot you did submit?

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Last edited by Ninj00; Aug 5th, 2009 at 03:19:39.

I'm guessing since others posted theirs and nothing was said about it, there must not be any objection in the rules to doing so, so here's mine.

Basic

Edited

I'm really diggin' that one too. ^
    You don't know me for a reason. I'd like to keep it that way.

Nurf, I didn't think we would be able to use screen shots that had used the fxscript commands.

Basic

Edited Nothing flashy. I probably could of passed it of as a basic screen. Alts from my main account, I took screen shot on my froob account and blended all the screens shots together.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

My regular screenshotting skills suck, so I only submitted an edited one

Alien attack on Omni HQ

So, can we please have names of winners and take a look on their work?
    And, ofc, to say GZ to all the winners.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

I personally think that using FX scripts to change the natural look of an area is considered editing and should not be allowed in the basic competition.

What are your thoughts on this Famine?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    I personally think that using FX scripts to change the natural look of an area is considered editing and should not be allowed in the basic competition.
    Thats what I thought as well since it's not how the client normally shows the world but i guess we have to wait for famines answer
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

From the first post:

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Basic Screenshot: An unedited screenshot captured directly from the game with no editing done to it. (Changing format from PNG to JPG for mailing and compression is allowed however.)

Edited Screenshot: A screenshot that has had post-work done on it in an art program like Photoshop etc. The image should be originally captured directly from the game but you can go to town with your artistic skills on entries in this category!
    If you read the underlined sections I think it is clear..

/fxscript is "directly from the game with no editing done to it"
    /fxscript is NOT "post-work done on it in an art program like Photoshop etc."

People have an equal chance to use /Fxscript, they do not however have an equal chance to take pictures, from eg. pandemonium, if there character is not high enough level..

But as mentioned earlier, it would be kind of us or Famine to post the commands near the competition start, so everyone is on the same grounds.

/Fxscript gives those not attending tower wars and AI raids extensively a chance to take a good looking action picture.
    Also it gives FunCom a chance to show off what AO really can look like.

Under the current rules I would say that /Fxscript is allowed.
    and I hope it will be so in the future too, see the above for argumentation.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

stuff
    I didn't ask for your opinion, I asked for Famine's.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

I didn't ask for your opinion, I asked for Famine's.
    Might be, but wasn't what I wrote logically put?

Further more, Flyingengi, would you like /Fxscript to be allowed in this and future screenshot competitions?
    If you had read what I wrote, you would have seen that I put as much importance to that.
    Not just sticking to the present "the rules were not clear", but try to make it better for the future

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

Might be, but wasn't what I wrote logically put?

Further more, Flyingengi, would you like /Fxscript to be allowed in this and future screenshot competitions?
    If you had read what I wrote, you would have seen that I put as much importance to that.
    Not just sticking to the present "the rules were not clear", but try to make it better for the future

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Of course I would not want them to be allowed in a basic image. They are editing the look of a picture. I'm looking at this from the professional side of video/photo editing. ANYTHING that isn't natural is editing.
    Facebook

Of course I would not want them to be allowed in a basic image. They are editing the look of a picture. I'm looking at this from the professional side of video/photo editing. ANYTHING that isn't natural is editing.
    So if you take a lion to a photo shoot in a country where lions do not live, it is a edited picture?
    If you take models to a forest it is editing?

I see /Fxscript as the same thing.

AI attacks happen ingame, /FXscripts bring them to you without the raid and danger of being killed. The same with bombings.

Just as with taking a lion out of it's natural habitat for a nice picture.
    It does not make the picture "edited", as they are indeed really taken and not post processed..
    I hope the analogy will help your understanding of how I and others see it.

Thank you for the feedback on how you think Flyingengi, I just disagree with you for the above reasons.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast