Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 8th Anniversary Screenshot Competition!

Funcom employee 8th Anniversary Screenshot Competition!

It’s that time again for those avid photographers of Rubi-Ka to get their cameras out and get ready to capture some of the most spectacular eye-popping sceneries and dynamic action of Anarchy Online!

The Details

There are many cool prizes up for grabs this year and here’s your chance to win. This year we’ll have 2 category types ‘Basic Screenshot’ and ‘Edited Screenshot’ for double the chances to win. We’ll pick 3 winners from the ‘Basic Screenshot’ and ‘Edited Screenshot’ category within the community

Basic Screenshot: An unedited screenshot captured directly from the game with no editing done to it. (Changing format from PNG to JPG for mailing and compression is allowed however.)

Edited Screenshot: A screenshot that has had post-work done on it in an art program like Photoshop etc. The image should be originally captured directly from the game but you can go to town with your artistic skills on entries in this category!

The Prizes
    • In-game Time!
    • Leet Key or Jobe Apartment Key
    • Grand Prize - 1 x ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFire Supported Video Card

The Submission

So how do you enter? Well it’s simple! Follow these guidelines when submitting your screenshots:

• Email your entries to community@anarchy-online.com with the subject line "Screenshot Contest - Category - Character Name - Dimension" (for example if you were entering the basic category and were called Jon your subject line would be "Screenshot Contest - Basic – Famine- RK1".

• All entries must include statement in the body of the email that states that your entry is your own work and no one else's and that you understand that Funcom may use it for promotional advertising.

• Images should be compressed into jpg format and sent as a zip (or rar) file wherever possible. Final file size must be below 1mb.

• Any entries that are not submitted using the above parameters will not be considered as valid entries. Entries must be received no later than August 1, 2009.

Terms and Conditions

Contest void where prohibited by law. Funcom reserves the right to award prizes and not use winning entries for promotions. Entrants release Funcom and its respective affiliates, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest from and against any liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use of the prizes. Funcom shall not be responsible for any entry not received due to network outages; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmissions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances.

P.S

More competitions are on the way including a new forum avatar competition where you'll have the chance to make my new avatar! The winners will receive the ability to add their own custom forum avatar and sport it around the forums!
    Last edited by Famine; Jul 29th, 2009 at 18:11:18.

Just out of curiosity, what are some of these prizes?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Famine and Pestilence action figures
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

WOW! Famine posted!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

They announce this after the birthday parties are over with no prizes mentioned? xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Funcom employee

Ahh clarification there: We will award in-game time, Leet Keys or Jobe Apartment Keys, and one grand prize reward that will be released later on.

You should make a video competition instead.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Wish there was an easy way to remove all the GUI-stuff for screenshots.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    remove chat windows : Ctrl+7 (friends window) => click every chat window name
    remove team/quest/stats/././. : Ctrl+0...Ctrl+9 (or use the mini pannel)
    remove the shortcut bar : press Y
    remove the rest of the GUI : Shift+\ or Shift+/ (not ingame can't check which one it is, this removes the credits/aggbar/...)
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    remove chat windows : Ctrl+7 (friends window) => click every chat window name
    remove team/quest/stats/././. : Ctrl+0...Ctrl+9 (or use the mini pannel)
    remove the shortcut bar : press Y
    remove the rest of the GUI : Shift+\ or Shift+/ (not ingame can't check which one it is, this removes the credits/aggbar/...)
    Nice info, ty
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Another noob question:

Are we allowed to send in more than one picture for each category or are we supposed to select out favorite and only send that one?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Another noob question:

Are we allowed to send in more than one picture for each category or are we supposed to select out favorite and only send that one?
    Your not suppose to send any!

*starts designing his*
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Your not suppose to send any!

*starts designing his*

I just took 10+ screenshots at various locations. While they are all "purty" to look at, I doubt they are interesting enough to win anything.

I need to give this one some thought!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

there was a script a few years ago that would hide all of your gui, snap a screenshot, then bring it all back up again

too lazy to look right now but ill post a link if i find it

yeah i remember that one Ninj00, think i may have it on my ancient pc, if i can power it up, was very nifty
    - Xcellers
    Alexander "Xcellers" Voss
    Info Loadout Inner Circle
    Exiled Member of Inner Circle

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    OTAF Battle Manual

shift \
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

If you use the AOU GUI Mod, there is a button on the panel to remove all GUI elements for a timed 1 minute period so you can take a screenshot. It then all automatically comes back again

Question:

Does an image that's been cropped to look a bit better count as "Basic" or "Edited"? Not exactly a huge edit and I would personally classify that as a Basic Entry ^^
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    You should make a video competition instead.
    This.
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast