Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Originally posted by M@hdi

That's the choice you make when equipping a weapon. You either end up with medium damage all the way through, or you're crit or die. That has nothing to do with the scopes. Vek, X-3 are examples of weaps that have very decent damage without crits. Mibby if there was a little less crits in the game, the mobs could get a little bit softer and soloing might be viable again without a 30% critchance (for every prof, I have no prob soloing fast enough to make it worthwhile). Just a thought. Big picture.
    Umm the mobs should gotten softer after the OE nerf as promised. This should not continue to hang over our heads to be used as an excuse for yet another nerf.

I really dont want a 30% crit chance, I would like a 15% crit that comes with the old style llts and not have to buff hunt every 30min or so. I would also like to have the option of using a crit dependent weapon and have that option be viable.

Yesiamstoned 148nt rk2

Re: Re: Re: So somone just told u to start this thread??

Originally posted by Noer

Soldiers had most reflect before and they have most reflect now. Please enlighten me how it can boost soldiers when everyone gets hit by same nerf.
    Well it has to do with what a soldier is meant to do, reflect damage.

When people had 2 bracers they were reflecting like soldiers.

As long as this goes to profession balance, I'm all for it.

Soldiers had most reflect before and they have most reflect now. Please enlighten me how it can boost soldiers when everyone gets hit by same nerf.
    Percentages. The numbers might ave gone down in a linear way for everyone, percentagewise a soldier has a lot more reflect then any other class except for engis (hurah!)...

7 over 30 is a lot bigger difference then 27 over 50 (23,3% over 54%) The soldier now has (in this example) 31% better reflect then before....In comparisson then a non-sol class
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

How does FC satisfy its customers? By catering to new players. Many of the old timers are on their way out, and they are a small percentage of the playerbase, so FC doesnt care what they think. So basically, FC's strategy is maintaining its playerbase by catering to n00bs.

Since the majority of the new players do not own a 15% scope, it is "unbalancing" and thus must be pulled from the game. This nerf has nothing to do with game balance, it has to do with keeping the new playerbase happy and keeping the cash rolling in-- but you'll never hear that from FC.

Why do you think Cz's so slow in telling us why the scopes are getting nerfed?? Obviously because they don't have a good reason behind the nerf.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 1st, 2002 at 14:03:50.

Originally posted by Rznr

Making UVC self only wasnt enough already?
    No, MA's should be the crit masters, maybe not as much as they are now, maybe so.

MA's should be critting a lot. Not a engy with TTS/mark and 15% scope.

Re: Re: Re: Re: So somone just told u to start this thread??

Originally posted by M@hdi

When was the last time you saw a regular mob in a regular Q200 mission live longer then 10 - 15 seconds?

Take pity on the mobs, take crits down. In pvp all rules apply on everyone so that won't unbalance. Might just be more fun for a lot of people. Longer fights = more tactics = better fights
    [sarcasm]
    Yeah, longer fights. Nerf soloing too, while they're at it, eh? Oh joy unbounded.
    [/sarcasm]

--K

Originally posted by Halfdeck
    Why do you think Cz's so slow in telling us why the scopes are getting nerfed?? Obviously because they don't have a good reason behind the nerf.
    Nope. It's because I don't have time for a discussion with the designers on it right now.

Well, ok, since I haven't talked to them, I don't know for sure that you're actually wrong. They might not have a good reason, and if so, I'll scold them for it and ask them to rethink the nerf.

all the ELLTSs out there

all the new scopes on the market are there from all the people leaving the game cus it is quickly going downhill, i personally know several people who have left the game in the past few weeks mostly from my guild FC try listening for once i don't want to go bakc to paying Blockbusters rent I want a game I can enjoy and this would just be 1 more nerf added on to the previous ones, after nerfing trader heals and crit buffs and bracers all i got left is my scope only reason i get teams is my quick damage now and now you want to take that away. OH and why exactly are MAs supposed to be the "MASTERS OF CRITS" that is lame nowhere does it say that MAs are supposed to be the crit masters
    Valroshe: 213 Trader Clan

Spdbuff : 130 Fixer Clan

Pround member of Arcane Circle

My type is:AES
    Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Originally posted by yesiamstoned

Umm the mobs should gotten softer after the OE nerf as promised. This should not continue to hang over our heads to be used as an excuse for yet another nerf.

I really dont want a 30% crit chance, I would like a 15% crit that comes with the old style llts and not have to buff hunt every 30min or so. I would also like to have the option of using a crit dependent weapon and have that option be viable.

Yesiamstoned 148nt rk2
    OE'd stuff hurt very few people besides the low level twinks. At 130 I had a 200 shotgun on. At 130 I had a 200 pistol on, 200 armor on, etc.

Talking lets nerf everything

Why not make all amor have the same stats as say primus amor... same skill req, and look the same
    make every one use the same eq, and use teh same wpn´s.... then none can whine and guess what u cant nerf any thing

and make shure it just come in one ql .. that every one can use.. say ql 1

Originally posted by Cz

Nope. It's because I don't have time for a discussion with the designers on it right now.

Well, ok, since I haven't talked to them, I don't know for sure that you're actually wrong. They might not have a good reason, and if so, I'll scold them for it and ask them to rethink the nerf.
    thank you for saying that Cz, it gives me some relief

i think it should be considered the massive amounts of money, time, and IP people have spent to acquire these and use weapons that can function with them. (-800 init means most guns are out of the question).
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

Re: lets nerf everything

Originally posted by Arre
    Why not make all amor have the same stats as say primus amor... same skill req, and look the same
    make every one use the same eq, and use teh same wpn´s.... then none can whine and guess what u cant nerf any thing

and make shure it just come in one ql .. that every one can use.. say ql 1
    Just because a nerf of 8% from a scope doesn't mean that everyone will look the same. Everyone DID look the same when UVC was castable on all. Everyone had a krutt, and others an ithaca.

Changed now.

uhm yeah different

now everyone just has ithacas
    Valroshe: 213 Trader Clan

Spdbuff : 130 Fixer Clan

Pround member of Arcane Circle

My type is:AES
    Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Why didn't you just do this in the first place? Why tell us you won't do this and then do it? Beat some CS sense into your designers for me, Cz. They are spending too much time at computers and need to interact with customers who expect consistent philosophies and information for a while.

Scorus

My suggestion on what to do on this nerf (Although I think it an Unnecessary Nerf).

Take your profesionals and do some testing of damage over time with the crit damage per ql of scope.

Figure out what the damage per hit would be at 1/1 and then add that to the scope.

So if a 15% scope had 4000 more damage over 100 seconds then add 40 damage per hit. I realize its probably more like 15000 per 100 seconds but still it may help offset the crit decrease by adding an increase over time. This would help in pvm (especially the boss mob) and hurt in pvp (which is what i assume is why you are nerfing this).

Here are some other suggestions as well

1. an xp bonus is nice also but for a 200 level player useless.
    2. HOT Bonus
    3. Burst, AS, FS regeneration decreased
    "Haxamon"
    lvl 200 Crat

"Bludmusik"
    lvl 81 Adventurer

"Boottodahead"
    lvl 58 Fixer

"Stopgap"
    lvl 70 Enforcer

"Opposite"
    lvl 54 MA

Originally posted by Cz

How about bringing a suggestion for how to keep the value there, even thought the crit gets nerfed?
    As I see it, the great solution you've come up with, is to listen to the guys who cries out for a llts nerf, (which I do to some extent understand) and by nerfing crit making them happy.
    Then at the same time make us who have a llts happy by adding some new kewl stuff/modifiers to the old ones to let them keep value?

IF, (something i highly doubt,) you manage to come up with something that brings the "same" value to the llts as the old 7% crit, added damage, hps, lesser init penalty, or whatever really, it will not make things any better. If the llts are still as valuable and usefull and unique after the "crit" nerf on the scope as before nerfing it it will not take many days or hours before people who do not have the llts will start whining over the imbalance and unrighteousness again.

The real issue at hand here, and the big problem for Fc, is that they promised us, the community, the customers, the players to let LLTS stay as it was. Acting on that many of us has spent a lot of time, energy, items, creds, playtime getting one. So then removing and breaking your promise will cause a lot of angry players. You have made people angry before, but this brings it all to a new level imho.

When having played for a while and used time to decide on what weapon to use, based on all the equipment you have at hand, you will also make things quite complicated for us who have made weaponchoice, with llts as a basis, and used ipr point to have the ip to equip a gun with high crits because of the extra crit chance we have with it.

If you despite all logic decide to break your promise to the community, a new full ipr will be demanded and required to make chars playable again, and a pretty sweet sort of compensation, which whiners wont be able to find anything wrong with.

I truly wish you good luck.. I truly hope you come up with something that makes all happy... but honestly don't see how you can.
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

Re: Re: lets nerf everything

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Just because a nerf of 8% from a scope doesn't mean that everyone will look the same. Everyone DID look the same when UVC was castable on all. Everyone had a krutt, and others an ithaca.

Changed now.
    Doing 1 crit with 10 shoots with a weapon that does around 50:sh dmg in noncrits will sure make ppl change weapon.

3. Burst, AS, FS regeneration decreased
    hey, thats my idea

I could have been more layback. But the thing is that when I started to play my main I hade some advantage, one bye one they have been removed from me. I feel like a prostitute. The only thing u can’t steal from me is my thoughts…! The rest u intends to take away from me!

As a soldier it is a long list of removed advantage (nerf) I could write down to u. And I am sure some other professions also can come up with a long list. I just can’t understand why u nerf, instead of develop something better. But here we go again with the LLTS. What next?? May I suggest u two take the Kaehlers Sleeves from us soldier also?? That would also be a nice way to kill the last spirit.

Aimabel – Soldier RK2 or I must go on a social training now. The last Nerf killed the killer inside my soldier. We need Duplo soldier special now.

Research a bit. Talk to players that know a bit about the game-dynamics. Why are they overpowered? How are they overpowered? Are they so overpowered that everyone should be hit by the nerf? Or are they only overpowered in some combinations? And so on.
    I think Noer is stating a very good point there.

Some classes using certain weapons at a certain level may be considered overpowered in some situations, to others it may just be reducing their fighting capabilities even further with this nerf.

Still, it really annoys me personally that you (FC) state that these scopes will NOT be tinkered with and yet you proceed with this post time after. And still no reason.
    Imo., a reason should've been given along with this statement, making it simple.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast