Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Originally posted by Karanya
    Funny how some people I know have very recently acquired QL 200 ELLTS's after being unable to do so for a long time.. makes me wonder if the seller(s) out there had some inside information and were pulling an Enron by getting rid of them before they became useless.
    I doubt it, as this was brought up internally only today. (They've learned to come to Community with it asap. )

I wonder why this has even been brought up when we have no reason provided for this nerf.

There are million other things unbalanced in AO, and you bring up this. hehe quite funny. Only shows how you figure out what things to nerf. Actually it already showed with the bracer-nerf. How to make some customers happy with a very small amount of work. It was a lot easier to just nerf the bracers instead of changing reflect-buffs and add new ones. Eventhough its a lot worse fix you actually implemented. It didn't fix balance at all, it changed nothing.

And you are about to do the exact same thing again. Research a bit. Talk to players that know a bit about the game-dynamics. Why are they overpowered? How are they overpowered? Are they so overpowered that everyone should be hit by the nerf? Or are they only overpowered in some combinations? And so on. Instead of looking at a thread on the boards called something like "NERF OLD SCOPES *BUMP* *FIX* *HUGGLES*" and then bumped over and over by the same 10 people.
    ~Lone

Forget the suggestions that they add to specific skills (ie, assault rifle, shotgun, fling, etc.)
    go read my edit plz
    i think making the shotgun bonus replaceable via tradeskills is a damn cool thing.

make them drop with various bonuses so you'll need someone to make it fit your needs.

Originally posted by Karanya

Funny how some people I know have very recently acquired QL 200 ELLTS's after being unable to do so for a long time.. makes me wonder if the seller(s) out there had some inside information and were pulling an Enron by getting rid of them before they became useless.

--K
    That's odd, now that you mention it I have seen people selling the ELLTS.

Also, I wanted to add.

I know hundreds of people that said they would quit when:

1. Traders heals were nerfed.
    2. Crits were nerfed.
    3. ELLTS were to stop dropping.
    4. Bracers were nerfed.
    5. Range was nerfed.

Almost everyone who said that is still here. And many are posting the same thing here again.

Have to take my ELLTS off, oh well. I'll get over it.

So somone just told u to start this thread??

Originally posted by Cz
    And one more time: I'll check with the designers when I have time. Right now, I don't. Soon, and before this change is even committed to test-live servers, I will.

And u did not know why u should post it at all? U just did it because some from Dev told u to? Amazing it is. Not in the Christian way…. more the Voodoo amazing way. This is a huge nerf on several professions, and it seems to be done in 14.6. And no knowledge spread around to u on the message board.

Aimabel – Soldier RK2
    /delete Aimabel L

Anyways forgot to say this, if you nerf everything we got you have to make new IPR's all the time, i'm down to 9 points, and as i see it i have to waste em again on two silly skills, it's not like it's easy to get them LLTS scopes on...

Usless

Leave them in game and make them drop again. So many weapons are useless without a good crit chance.

Put the ELLTS back in game as they were before and don't change anything on them .

Yesiamstoned 148nt rk2( name changed to protect the #$#%^)

Re: So somone just told u to start this thread??

Originally posted by Aimabel
    And u did not know why u should post it at all? U just did it because some from Dev told u to? Amazing it is. Not in the Christian way…. more the Voodoo amazing way. This is a huge nerf on several professions, and it seems to be done in 14.6. And no knowledge spread around to u on the message board.
    I posted this based on a designer telling me "we're going to nerf its crit, and would like to add other bonuses to make it stay valuable". Would you rather that I kept quiet about it?

It's not like I won't get info for you in weeks. It's not like 14.6 will be here next week. Please, a little patience.

Re: So somone just told u to start this thread??

Originally posted by Aimabel
    This is a huge nerf on several professions, and it seems to be done in 14.6.
    This is a nerf on all professions and when all professions get the same things done to them, its one step closer to each profession fulfilling the role they were designed to have.

The bracer nerf was done so a soldier can have the most reflect in the game. As they were. This nerf will be done because with mark/TTS and 15% that is 26% crit chance. Far better then the "best" crit buff for the MA which is 24%.

When the crits are reduced to 8%, that brings the 26 down to 18%, making it more in line that MA's are the master of crit damage.

I really feel that you ppl from fc dont really care about what we think to be honest. If you did, this nerf would never happen and this thread clearily states it.
    Im going to post on this thread anymore.
    I think i stated what i think already and its not like the other ppl in this thread isnt feeling the same.

"./me hopes someone changes the confertable chairs at funcom to solid wooden ones without any pillow on for a week and get back after that about a nerf of anything" =)

Originally posted by yesiamstoned
    Leave them in game and make them drop again. So many weapons are useless without a good crit chance.

Put the ELLTS back in game as they were before and don't change anything on them .

Yesiamstoned 148nt rk2( name changed to protect the #$#%^)
    That's the choice you make when equipping a weapon. You either end up with medium damage all the way through, or you're crit or die. That has nothing to do with the scopes. Vek, X-3 are examples of weaps that have very decent damage without crits. Mibby if there was a little less crits in the game, the mobs could get a little bit softer and soloing might be viable again without a 30% critchance (for every prof, I have no prob soloing fast enough to make it worthwhile). Just a thought. Big picture.
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Originally posted by Cz

I doubt it, as this was brought up internally only today. (They've learned to come to Community with it asap. )
    Which means one of two things - either it was a snap decision (not good), or someone had been thinking about it for a while and it was only today made a firm decision. Strikes me as one hell of a coincidence..

That said - I'll agree with another poster that being able to change the type of skill bonus by using trade skills would perhaps work quite well. The skill bonus would, however, need to be very substantial if the ELLTS's are to maintain their current market value.

Edit: I'll also add that this is typical in that since "certain combinations" are perhaps overpowered, FC is nerfing it for everyone and every combination. Why? The only possible excuse I see is laziness...

--K *biting her tongue*
    Last edited by Karanya; Oct 1st, 2002 at 13:55:42.

Angry

Ignore my previous post on this thread. I take it all back. I am now ADAMANTLY AGAINST the nerfing of the scope. I'm just tired of all the rules you change and promises you break. DO NOT NERF THE OLD SCOPES.
    -Deepeyes6

+3 run speed per QL (ellts : +600 run speed)

-- or --

flight ability

-- or --

XP bonus

-- or --
    anything that has nothing to do with damage ... cause this is what you want to nerf here

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Almost everyone who said that is still here.
    You are quite wrong there. Loads of people have left due to these issues. Some has accounts that runs out a little later and posts here while waiting for it to run out in a hope that Funcom actually wakes up and do something right for once.

And add to that all the people not voicing their opinions here on the boards and just go silently and cancels their subscriptions. Nerfs pisses people off, and people pissed off enough times leaves. Nerfing for the cause of nerf rather than balance is a stupid business-model for Funcom. And this nerf has obviously not been researched at all.
    ~Lone

Re: Re: So somone just told u to start this thread??

This is a nerf on all professions and when all professions get the same things done to them, its one step closer to each profession fulfilling the role they were designed to have.

The bracer nerf was done so a soldier can have the most reflect in the game. As they were. This nerf will be done because with mark/TTS and 15% that is 26% crit chance. Far better then the "best" crit buff for the MA which is 24%.

When the crits are reduced to 8%, that brings the 26 down to 18%, making it more in line that MA's are the master of crit damage.

Making UVC self only wasnt enough already?

Re: Re: So somone just told u to start this thread??

Soldiers had most reflect before and they have most reflect now. Please enlighten me how it can boost soldiers when everyone gets hit by same nerf.
    ~Lone

Re: Re: Re: So somone just told u to start this thread??

Originally posted by Rznr

When was the last time you saw a regular mob in a regular Q200 mission live longer then 10 - 15 seconds?

Take pity on the mobs, take crits down. In pvp all rules apply on everyone so that won't unbalance. Might just be more fun for a lot of people. Longer fights = more tactics = better fights
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Re: Re: Re: So somone just told u to start this thread??

Originally posted by Rznr

Point being, an MA can go get TTS AND an ELLTS for a delicious total of %43 crit, at no loss to himself.
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

Originally posted by Noer

You are quite wrong there. Loads of people have left due to these issues. Some has accounts that runs out a little later and posts here while waiting for it to run out in a hope that Funcom actually wakes up and do something right for once.

And add to that all the people not voicing their opinions here on the boards and just go silently and cancels their subscriptions. Nerfs pisses people off, and people pissed off enough times leaves. Nerfing for the cause of nerf rather than balance is a stupid business-model for Funcom. And this nerf has obviously not been researched at all.
    And lots of people didn't leave. Some more came back. And some made new accounts.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast