Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Cz, how about giving everyone 2 IPR points in the patch that nerfs the scopes, to compensate for making 2 skills useless ?

link? here's a cut and paste:

*snip* 14.2 Patch notes, Item changes =>

New version of low light targeting scope has been made. The new one has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there... *clip*

Originally posted by Cz

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Snublefot
    Thats a good one Cz, decrease the ranged penalty, and increase the melee penalty. But then you have to remember to change some weapons too (BBI )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 14.6.
    arf you're joking or @Cz? Ask yourself what is the problem we have with a 15% LLTS? We do to high damage with a high crit weapon right? So you decrease the crit chance to 8% means we do less damage right?

BUT!!! When you now decrease the ranged init penalty then we can shoot our Krutt a way faster which means? Pls answer yourself! Means you will do again more dmg.

LOL its so funny when I saw Funcom nerfing a items and on the same second they make it uber again lol.

As I said it before DON'T NERF THE LLTS - PUT THEN 15% VE IN THIS STUPID GAME

Better way to stop the overpowered crit would be: Allow only 1 crit modifier at the same time! Means if you use a 15% Scope you cannot get a +crit buff etc. So players can choose to use no scope and a tts, or no scope and a mop, or no sope and uvc (ma) or no buffs (means no ncu costs) and a higher scope.

Edit: Better way!

Our crit chance should be the chance which our highest crit modifier has (buffs, items, etc) Let me explain what i mean.

You are a lvl200 MA with a 15% LLTS and 2 Globe of Clarity. Fully buffed with uvc and tts (don't know if they stack but it doesn't matter for my example). So you will have 15% + 2*1% + 4% + 24% = 45% crit chance. A way to high right! Lets say tts and uvc don't stack then you still have 41% crit chance. Still to high! Lets nerf LLTS to 8% then you still have 35%. I say still to high! But let go the other way. The best crit modifier this lvl200 MA has is his uvc buff which means 24% crit. So he only should have a 24% crit chance not more!

A lvl200 Crat for a example (he don't have the uvc) buff will have only 15% crit why? Cause the best crit modifier is his LLTS.
    Last edited by Whitesand; Oct 1st, 2002 at 13:34:40.

If people want to talk about moderation of bulletin board, feel free to send me an e-mail, and I'll bring it up with those setting my guidelines.

Thank you.

hey, check out my suggestion plz
    i'm sure you guys just passed it, 6 posts imediately after 1 posted mine
    its on p.6

i think its a cool way to modify them

tired of all those Lamers ?
    can't stand the smell anymore ?
    get 1 piece of soap 4 FREE !
    call 1-800-IMACLANERHELPME-P-L-E-A-S-E

Join the Family!
    Omni-Tek Armed Forces: Welcome to the real world

OMG then you delete my post that mentioned you deleting his post you really want to c

heh i assure you you will not get paid if you have no customers
    Valroshe: 213 Trader Clan

Spdbuff : 130 Fixer Clan

Pround member of Arcane Circle

My type is:AES
    Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Originally posted by Whitesand
    arf you're joking or @Cz?
    On the BBI init fix being in 14.6? No, I'm not joking.

Im so "words that could get me banned from forum" of the continued nerf over and over again in ao.
    Cant you leave some things be for once.
    Isnt it the players that are using the items and not you ppl that suddenly get a new bright idea about yet another nerf.
    I cant imagine there is a player that wants this change
    and if there are im sure they would be the same ppl that would post nerf engi pets in pvp forum cause they once died to one.

First you let us have them and take them away from us once again.
    Its amazing that fc can nerf a nerf... nothing is suprising me anymore tho.
    Stop puting so much time into nerfs and add more items and content, that also includes fixing old flaws that never goes away.

Im about to start the old "making it harder to lvl" issue but im not even going there.
    I just want to state some of my opinions.
    This is not an overpowered item and any new as old person has the ability to buy them. they sell quite often.
    I read half of the posts here cause im pretty sure most of em are included with simular information.

Im a trader using a Ithaca and has done that before uvc got selfonly. At the time before that this was a really nice weapon.
    Critted alot, it got worse but with time you lived with it.
    Probably cause you forgot how good it once where.
    I maybe crit 1 out of 5 without any buffs and now im going to crit more like 1 out of 10 if im lucky.
    There is no way you can make em as valuable as they are now whatever mods you add.
    You will just piss off every owner of one in ao.
    Make them spend some of their ipr points to take it away and in many cases they will also spend points to try to find a weapon with better normal dmg.
    A little add for pvp too. its hard enough to kill anyone now.
    Without crits it will add to more zoning since the person can walk true it when they get hit with half the crits.
    So if the add to scope will not be a falling tarasqua on the mob each 5 minutes you cannot change the scope.
    So bump for not nerfing the scopes.

Re: OMG then you delete my post that mentioned you deleting his post you really want to c

Originally posted by Valroshe
    heh i assure you you will not get paid if you have no customers
    See my post about moderation up there. Sorry, but this thread is about the nerf, and suggestions for changes, not about moderation or other stuff.

OK

Seeing how this about the nerf then try listening to the majority of the post here and NOT NERFING THE SCOPES!!!

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Cz..

...one more time. Why a nerf on LLTS?

PLZ gimme a comment
    I MADE A SUGGESTION {Added by Cz: ...and the moderator will bring it to the designers, but do not appreciate that big letters in posts }
    so go and read it, its the only one in here :P

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    If you have to nerf them...how about removing all init penalty on them, that would make them better than the new scopes. Not enought to keep the value on them tho, but still something.

And..will you give a ql200 LLTS same crit % as a ql250 VE or a ql200?

and what about the ql400 VE that are in DB, they will never be released?

You know that by this change you are making alot of weapons like snakemaster, raid pistol and others totally worthless, right?
    Yup, thats is what i was going to say. Take away some of the init debuffs, and still give the 8% as teh 250 Vision Enhancer.

I'm happy these will be coming out.

Valroshe, that will of course be the first thing I bring up when I take this thread's feedback to the designers.

"Is it necessary, and if so, why?" will generally be the first thing I say besides "hi".

Ouch!

Here we go again.... a quick, unilateral descision made by someone, somewhere in the dark corners with zero validation.

CZ, you say you would like suggestions to improve the old LLTS/ELLTS....

Mine is this.... dont nerf them!

The init fix is already making a mess of them so why bother nerfing them further?

If you(or any other fc representative) can illustrate to me why they have to be nerfed to oblivion then please do so.
    Soldiers depend on them just to do sub par damage...

Now would you for once explain why something is done instead of just hitting us with it? Or at least create a thread where questions regarding an explanation can be posted?

I realize we are just buying server time from fc and AO isnt a democracy, but at least have the curtesy to explain...
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

And the whiners win again..

Frankly, I'm so livid right now, I can't think of a good suggestion other than leave them the hell alone..

But I will offer an anti-suggestion:
    Forget the suggestions that they add to specific skills (ie, assault rifle, shotgun, fling, etc.). This will reduce the value of scopes by making them only useful to certain professions. I suppose they could add to ALL ranged weapon attack skills.. getting sick of the old "Well, obviously scopes were intended for X class because.." -- eh, the value in them is that they are very useful to nearly all professions.

The only way I see to retain the value is to leave the crit % the same on all of them until they hit 8%, all of them after that point would be 8% crit increase, with reduced ranged init penalty from that point onwards, all the way to QL 200 which would have NO ranged init penalty.

In all honesty, I don't believe FC will add anything that would allow the value to remain the same, because in order to do that they would need to remain just as powerful as they are now.. and, according to the nerf-mongers & now FC, that's "overpowered".

Funny how some people I know have very recently acquired QL 200 ELLTS's after being unable to do so for a long time.. makes me wonder if the seller(s) out there had some inside information and were pulling an Enron by getting rid of them before they became useless.

--K

Originally posted by reality
    Cz, how about giving everyone 2 IPR points in the patch that nerfs the scopes, to compensate for making 2 skills useless ?
    Ah, thats another good idea

Re: Cz..

Originally posted by Aimabel
    ...one more time. Why a nerf on LLTS?
    And one more time: I'll check with the designers when I have time. Right now, I don't. Soon, and before this change is even committed to test-live servers, I will.

OMG

someone is actually paying attention to the people against this??

not that it matters cus they obviously already have thier minds made up, so whn it does happen you can be assured that your customer base drops even more I know many people that have left already because of your senseless nerfs and i assure you I myself have almost done it many times but with lack of any other game out there atm have stayed but if this stupid senseless nerf goes thru I am done too along with many more that have been barely hanging on for quite a while now.

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Thumbs down

This is a funny post who said LLTS was uber they are good since their are no ql 400 vision enhancers in the game, but far from uber, and besides the vision enhancer is more uber as it gives exactly the same critical bonus, and is ten times as easy to equip, get that lil buff from adventureres and from fixers and your good to go, if you want all to get the 15% bonus get them the abillity to either get the LLTS back in game, or give them an ql 400 vision enhancer, the critical chance will be exactly the same...

Silly FC, You only listen to noobs ?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast