Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Well, reduced init penaltys are out of the question, since every MA will pick one up then. Further complicating the melee issue.

I don't' really have a clue how to keep this item valuable with this nerf. Open a temporary official FC service "trade your ELLTS for another valuable item or quite a bit of cash"?

/me ponders some and wanders off back to work... will be interesting to see how this post looks at the end of the day.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

I highly dislike this idea for a number of reasons other being completely unfair to those that are wearing one.

My own suggestions if the scope is "nerfed", is that you decrease the penalities for the iniatives and gives the user hefty evade buffs. The greatest penalty exists already, and it is that you have pay extremely much for one.

How low QL does the new scope come in? Can't remember seeing any really low ones.

Less init penalty and much higher sell back value to the shop sounds like a good start. Maybe some added damage too.

What I'd really like is that you'd leave the old scopes the **** alone, but I guess that won't happen.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Cz, can you tell us when the LLTS are too powerful..

What combinations?

Have you actually tried it at FC, so you not only listen to the people that don't have them and complain because of that?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

No backbone FC?

It is disgusting to see you give in the the whining n00bs and havenots who insist that anything they have not, noone else can have either...

I am so disapointed, but not surprised over your total lack of any will to let some things be rare........

Why not give all the new players 10 bags full of all the cool items they would ever want? So there will be no challenge involved getting them....

Cant see anything that will replace +15%crit....
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Hey, I'd love if they reduced init penalties on it. I'd slap one on in an instant. That would make me an ubercrit MA with less init penaltys... hm, doesn't that sound like what they are trying to remove here?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by DaveDread
    [B]Well, reduced init penaltys are out of the question, since every MA will pick one up then. Further complicating the melee issue.
    What if we keep - or even increase - the melee and physical init penalty? I don't know whether the scopes are actually intended to work with close combat attacks, so that might actually be an option, I would guess.

Originally posted by Znails

leave em as it is and make em drop again... is the only constructive thing i can say... that would keep ppl happy and those who whine can get one themselves..
    I think I have to agree with Znails.

Having one 15% myself, I'd really hate to see it go.. though if it added to tradeskills (like +30 to all) or actually even +800 tutoring (not just that of course), it would be ok to nerf the crit chance to 8% imo..

But I honestly dont need it that bad anymore, and not being in the xp-group much anymore I dont focus on it so badly. Adding boosts like +10 or +20 or so to weaponskills wouldn't be of any use to me personally. The crit bonus is a general wanted one. Add something everyone can enjoy and want if you really are determined to nerf them, or make them drop again and remain "un-nerfed".

Also, you did say (if I'm not mistaken) when you removed the ELLTSs from drop that they would not get nerfed, and yet, here they are, awaiting nerf. :| Sad to see.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

Keeping it valueble after the nerf... hard one..

Giving it a 300+ perception bonus would prob give it a nice value for those that pvp against concealed opponents
    (well not in the 250m range but....)

aka, turning it into an item that focus on something else then pure damage/sec.

Thats a good one Cz, decrease the ranged penalty, and increase the melee penalty. But then you have to remember to change some weapons too (BBI )

A proper way to balance this issue is probally not to nerf, cause people hate nerfs. On the other hand we like new goodies . This will keep your customers fairly happy and it will balance some what if done right.

Why is it always that things get nerved cause its not fair in PvP.. AO is just not a good PvP game .. unless you should make a PvP only server with another game version for those who care that much about PvP..

And if you want to make it as valuable or even more valuable, what the difference people will start all over again and nothing is solved.
    Jena Loveyou Bunke
    - lvl 200 Doctor - Unit Leader of Storm -
    Spanky Debugged Bunke
    - lvl 171Fixer - Unit Member of Storm -

Visit Storm at our website

weren't they removed because they were unbalanced? just like the MTI Martins last patch? yet both are still in game... further causing unbalance? heh.. seems... kinda... dumb
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Jeezz... u guys don't even know how the scope is actually intended to work in close combat ... wow ... and thehn you're talking of nerfing it?

Play around a bit with the old scope dev crew cos u don't know what you're talking about ...

The old scope has more crit chance with Much more init debuffs on it then a same ql new scope... it has less crit chance but more bonus to aimed shot and less init debuff ... I think they're balanced really ... just make the ql 400 new scope droppable and lower the requirements on it, cos it's just rediculous ...

Test the old scope first before you go nerf it like that and listen to jealous ppl who didn't get one or bought one ... bah this is soo rediculous...

Originally posted by Znails
    leave em as it is and make em drop again... is the only constructive thing i can say... that would keep ppl happy and those who whine can get one themselves..
    I have to say, this is the way to go. With the crit buff nerf, there should be an option for non melee characters to have a nice crit advantage.

Dont change the Old scopes, and make them start dropping again. And make them missionable, not boss loot. When something is available to ALL, there is no reason to nerf. Just make sure its ranged only. MA's already have nice crits buffs, self-only. They dont need any more help.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

I would like to see what Funcom think are so overpowered at these aswell. Seems more like they have no clue and just listened to the whining carebears here at the boards as usual.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Snublefot
    Thats a good one Cz, decrease the ranged penalty, and increase the melee penalty. But then you have to remember to change some weapons too (BBI )
    In 14.6.

Well, no ideas here, but while I'm unhappy to see whiners win again, reducing items people have worked hard to get to worthlessness (btw, any of these same whiners lobbied for nerfs in the past and are still at it, since those previous nerfs did not satisfy them or make them any better players?), it's at least good to see the honesty of FC actually not even bothering with the pretense that they are going to 'balance' the item. Hats off for at least calling it exactly what it is - a nerf.

remove inits
    remove night vision effect
    reduce crit bonus by 50% or so
    but.... make them usable, like aggression enhancer or these MA's special attacks, so anyone can make only a few crits in a row like agent with these sureshot line nanos. Good idea?

Originally posted by Wiped

... Just make sure its ranged only. MA's already have nice crits buffs, self-only. They dont need any more help.
    What about people that don't use ranged that aren't MAs?
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

How bout putting the QL400 VEs in the game.. would that make the whiners happy?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast