Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Angry

Well, i support this so called "nerf" fully. Reason: there are certain combinations with ellts that are overpowered. And to all those whiners who say that they shouldnt "nerf" the game as you call it, "nerf" = balancing the game. Stop acting like cry-babies who get their candy taken from them. Try to see the game from other perspectives than your own. Say for instance you had an item in your inventory who gave you 1 mil exp everytime you clicked it. Would you be angry if you removed it ?

But i do think that those who have invested in a high ql ellts should be compensated in some way
    Wandering Rubi-ka alone...
    Wondering when alone will end.

Originally posted by Mglo
    Well, i support this so called "nerf" fully. Reason: there are certain combinations with ellts that are overpowered. And to all those whiners who say that they shouldnt "nerf" the game as you call it, "nerf" = balancing the game. Stop acting like cry-babies who get their candy taken from them. Try to see the game from other perspectives than your own. Say for instance you had an item in your inventory who gave you 1 mil exp everytime you clicked it. Would you be angry if you removed it ?

But i do think that those who have invested in a high ql ellts should be compensated in some way
    Give some examples on how it is overpowered. I have yet to see it. Yeah, its overpowered with MAs and UVC. But thats another problem.

You are making all fast weapons with low damage totally useless.
    ~Lone

I gave you one on irc, Noer.
    Dual raid 9-x with 15% ellts shooting at 1/1

I gave you one on irc, Noer.
    Dual raid 9-x with 15% ellts shooting at 1/1
    Its good - its not overpowered.

Raid + 15% + Agent-critline or MA-critline = overpowered.

Thats another story. Quite a few professions don't have access to that.

Raid without scope = useless
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Noer

Its good - its not overpowered.

Raid + 15% + Agent-critline or MA-critline = overpowered.

Thats another story. Quite a few professions don't have access to that.

Raid without scope = useless
    Thank you for proving my point.

Its sad that when you (funcom) realize that some classes or items are overpowerd, begin to nerf the class or the items! You have better ways! Why don't you put the ql400 new scopes in this game? So old player have their 14-15% LLTS and others the 13-15% Vision Enhancer. This will balanced this game, cause the 6-7% crit gap is gone.

Don't nerf the old LLTS - just put the new an higher VE Scopes in this game!

Well a open letter to you (Funcom): You act like a mad doctor, giving your patient pills and medicine, but you don't see the whole problem your patient have.

If you want to balance this game. Then begin to drop the high ql VE Scopes. Increase the only 190 points gap between a green and a blue skill. It should be more like a 400 points gap. Well I agree this should affect only skills not the ablilites like str, sta, int etc.

Make shop value of these scopes at 250m for (15% slightly less for smaller versions), so I can sell it. There is no way you can improve it as much required for me wanting to keep it in any case. I just want my credits back from it.

I would strongly recommend that you bring those scopes back instead of scaling them down. Make them drop, but rarely from some harder bosses.

There are much worse balance issues in this game and yet you choose to scale down the only thing that makes few professions playable at levels 160+.

There are much worse things overpowered in this game. What are you going to do about those issues?
    Last edited by North; Oct 1st, 2002 at 11:42:22.

Thank you for proving my point.
    So nerf MAs and Agents instead of the other professions?
    ~Lone

There are other combinations too. a trader with 15% ellts and raids and full drains ?
    attack rating brings lots of crits

Originally posted by North
    There is no way you can improve it as much required for me wanting to keep it in any case.
    If you got free hand in tweaking them North... but with the constraint of having a max 8% crit.... what would you do?
    Last edited by Dhurdahl; Oct 1st, 2002 at 12:10:17.

No matter how rare a item is, i would not sell for "insane" amounts of credits if it was not worth it.

As for what Cz asks for, add one of the other attributes that people ask for, +200HP or +7% XP or a healthy + to all defensives.

Keeping it rare and start dropping it again is not impossible. Already in game for a number of other objects...

I think you should bring them back ingame... or release those ql400 VE's...
    But dont take the LLTS away from the game... thats just stupid.
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

Put them back in the game in the trader or fixer shops maybe? An illegal item that costs you an arm and a leg to get. Just give everyone a chance to get one.
    Make some changes on the new the vision enhancer scopes to give people a reason to use the new scope instead of the old.
    But why nerf it? Just put it back in the game.

hmm aren't init\reacharge going to be fixed in 14.6 so recharge actually gets affected by the negative init on the scope? Isnt that nerf enough?

Originally posted by Cz

I got suggested in IRC that if we're going to nerf the scopes, make them available in-game again. What's everybody's thoughts on that?
    I love that idea, but the scopes have to be rare then.

Well.... I have one old and one new scope!

Nerf them?? Well!! They are valued because of the crit-increase. If u nerf them and add something new a special into them I can’t see what that should be. When those scopes suddenly becomes so expensive, it was because of that patch that nerfed crit totally. The MA’s buff and the scopes were removed as an item. I am sure u know the whole story Cz. So what to say???

Cz wrote:
    We're looking into adding other bonuses to the Low Light Targeting Scope, to ensure that it stays as valuable as it is now. Suggestions for this is appreciated, and will be brought to the designers.

Aimabel thinks:
    Short version:
    @¤$##”!¤&£/)/&!@!(/&¤¤$!

Longer version:
    What next? This balancing u are doing is just crap. Why must the crit be removed? And why is u getting penalty if u have stayed a long time in game and find an items (LLTS) to use and u use it. The new scope is just crap. Nerf LLTS?? Nahhh just delete them. And it would be equal to delete me as well!! Who the “$£$@&&” is the mastermind again? Its is sad enough to use a ql 200 Nova, Div9 or CHS and get an msg that u hit 1. Or even worse that u burst less then the guns crit. well as a soldier I have just one more thing to say - “Why not remove soldiers as profession” - as post I have posted several months ago (maybe a year).

Aimabel – Sodlier RK2
    /delete all LLTS
    /delete all soldiers

" This Low Light Targeting Scope not only adds a nice bonus to your range, it also adds a bonus to your chance of hitting a vital part when you shoot. NOTE: Using this requires you to use more time for each shot, and thus increasing chances of getting a critical. It works at close quarters too, but is not recommended. "

Well, if FC are going to nerf the crit chance, then i would like to remove/change the drawback in init on the scope as well.

I would certainly like other stats boosts.

Examples:

Rifle
    Agility
    Sence

Maybe also a increased range modifier.

I split the "scopes and melee" discussion out. Take it to this thread, please.

add like at the TIM scopea good value ranged init to it.

how sad. just equipped my 14% today to read this

There are other combinations too. a trader with 15% ellts and raids and full drains ?
    attack rating brings lots of crits
    Too bad attackrating doesn't add much crit. I've tried that exact combo. And it aint anything special.

Wonder why I changed to Complete heavy suppressor and a ql200 new scope even when I got a ql200 oldschool ELLTS for hunting uniqiues.
    ~Lone

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast