Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Originally posted by Cz

What if we keep - or even increase - the melee and physical init penalty? I don't know whether the scopes are actually intended to work with close combat attacks, so that might actually be an option, I would guess.
    Bow MA's...not close combat attackers = bad idea imo

Oh, BTW.. i think i am having more fun complaing in the forums then i do playing AO now... there is nothing left to acheive that is acheivable by an indiviual... getting 50+ people together, or doing team missions is F'ing stupid now..... Hmm... let me start a new toon so that my valuable items that i pass down from toon to toon, get nerfed.. oh joy...
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

CZ,

I think this deserves a designer to come on here and talk to us about this issue.. I think some real Q & A time would help..

I would like to know exactily what Fc has instore of us. I doubt there would be a way to retain the value of the old school LLTS if you nerf them.. ( because as somone said earlier.. people will jsut moan about the modifiers and scream nerf once again)

second.. I don't think its a good move.. so far.. I have seen FC's patches.. make mobs harder.. more resistant to crowd controll, they have more HP, better evades, they crit alot more than we ever do.. I mean.. whats left for us? It seems like the designers are trying to take things away from the players.. one by one.. so in reality... after this crit nerf.. the only 2 professions that can count on getting crits will be MA's and Agents right? I mean they are the only ones with a worthwhile crit buff.. crats are ok.. but its nothing compaired to the MA's and agents crit buffs which are self only.. I just don't see the reasoning behind this.. not only will you take away a viable means of effectivness for us.. but you allow 2 profession exclusivly have worth-while crits. I just don't see the logic behind this one.

Its sad.. that the game is becomming a game of MA's if I knew this befor I invested 500 hours in my character I would have never bought this game.. if i want to be an awsome in : the solo game, PvP, and PvM.. ( which is want everyone wants) I need to be an MA.. I'm not screaming nerf here.. I would hate to see any profession get nerfed.. there is too much of that going on already.. but I don't like the idea of this game being :

((((Karate Kid Year of the Nano))) - an epic story of Daniel Son who was revived by his long time teacher and friend Mr. Miagie, using the mysterious and precious mineral, notium, to revive Daniel after 30,000 years. Daniel's body was preserved on ice upon his death. As Daniel's body was injected with notium he awoke on the world of Rubi-Ka where he found himself among the great masters of the plant, ( insert name of a MA here.) As this epic story unfolds, Daniel and his fellow MA's have been named supreme rulers of the planet because of their awesome power and resilience to all forms of attack, as first class citizens, they enjoy the perks of high society, while the other second class citizens (insert name of every other profession here) serve Daniel and his fellow gang of MA's, used as body shields in the planets bloody wars against the evil clans. ~ Coming soon to a game store near you.

I know the MA's are going to flame me for this one.. I'm not asking or wanting an MA nerf.. but I want FC to see that you(MA's) and agents arn't the only ones that could use a somewhat useful crit enhancer/ nano / scope. If they nerf the scopes.. then what I wrote above will just be just that more accurate and truthful.

PLEAS READ MY IDEA FOR THE "NEW" LLTS MR. ADVISOR PERSON WITH THE LEET PORTRIT! danke =P

currently LLTS adds stats to Aimed shot as does VE. hrmm .... this is a special attack is it not? well ... maby to "balance" the LLTS but still make it "worth while" why not made it mod ALL special attack? aimed shot to Full auto, im posative if it modded all these specials by 100 or so, 200 maby, it would still be the hotest, if not hoter scope on the market. thanks

(or add HP or a small reflect to it or some such as since u shoot slower and the scope manufacturers saw this problem, the built in some sort of defense for while u are aiming).
    Philip "Ramzie" Mabong
    SOLDIER
    ~SF~

My wife, my friends and myself started this game in July 2001...

Out of 7 people who all started the same day only my wife and I are still playing.

Nerf, after Nerf, after Nerf....have driven our friends back to the old games we were playing.

When will Funcom learn that keeping old customers happy will earn them more money than trying to bring in new customers?

The wife and myself are only awaiting for boxes to hit the shelf and then we (with our friends and family) will be leaving this game.

I suspect that many writing into this forum now will also be leaving when new boxes arrive in stores.

FUNCOM, Keep players happy by adding NOT taking away.

Zylo

nerf em - give nothing

i have played since day 2 of release- i have several llts
    i think they are imbalancing
    i have no problem nerfing them to make the field even
    the whiney lil pos punks who think they deserve something are not looking at the whole picture. i want this game to be fair to everyone- even if they start tomorrow
    i have no problem if they are just deleted, so what if i you or your momma spent 250mill on one 2 days ago

peace out

Re: Heres an idea

Originally posted by Infamine
    Ok Cz heres an idea for people with oldscope to keep them on.
    Max crit chance 8%
    Add damage 3000-5000

for a ql 200 old scope.
    was an hyperbole but anyway lol
    Infamine 200 soljah

ispiusmus, can you explain to me how spending 250 mil on an item which is then rendered as useful as a missionable one is fair?

After all, that is what you want right?

CZ, here's something I'd like you to take up with the devs: some classes rely heavilly on crits (ie traders). Shotguns are all crit reliant, even the HD (though to a lesser extent). Now traders, a class that already has trouble soloing after the MA crit and heal nerfs, are once again going to be hit with a nerf, however indirect. Please ask the devs if there is going to be anything done for the trader class to counteract this nerf.

One again, FC goes back on their word. Well, at least that's one thing you can always count on....FC going back on their word.

My opinion, Don't nerf the ELLTS, leave them alone. The rarity of them, plus the skills needed to equip them, plus the insane Init penatly, makes them pretty well balanced for the added Crit.

Now, since FC is more "Nerf" happy than a 5 year old in a Toy Store, I'm willing to bet this nerf will take effect, even is 90% of AO's population is against it. So, if FC desides to go ahead with this nerf, here is my suggestions:

1st: Add a damage modifier. Adding a 50-80 damage modifier, while not coming close to the extra Crit damage, would go along with the concept of the scope itself.

2nd: Have lower Init penalties than the VE's.

3rd: No non-combat skill increases. The scope is designed to modifiy damage, it has nothing to due with other skills. Adding +30 to a trade skill makes no since. And please, stop the Perception insanity. We do NOT need another item to raise perception. Anyone over level 135 can easily raise they're perception into the 800's, without spending a single point of IP.

4td: XP increase. While some increase experiance would (of course) be nice, I think the main thing that the scope should increase is damage (i.e. suggestions 1 and 2).

And finally if/when you do nerf the ELLTS's, don't scale their crits, like you did the reflect bracers. When a +9 ELLTS gets nerfed, it should have the maximum crit, +8. After the nerf, and old +9's and +15's should have the same crit increase (+8), the differance should be the old +15's have much higher bonuses (higher damage modifier, higher aimed shot, higher fling).

Fred

It goes like this:

Hey just leave ao alone. Keep running the servers, the players will do the rest.

And fix the goddamn bugs.

(I hate the green bug on the female flowers tech.)
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Originally posted by Zylo
    My wife, my friends and myself started this game in July 2001...

Out of 7 people who all started the same day only my wife and I are still playing.

Nerf, after Nerf, after Nerf....have driven our friends back to the old games we were playing.

When will Funcom learn that keeping old customers happy will earn them more money than trying to bring in new customers?

The wife and myself are only awaiting for boxes to hit the shelf and then we (with our friends and family) will be leaving this game.

I suspect that many writing into this forum now will also be leaving when new boxes arrive in stores.

FUNCOM, Keep players happy by adding NOT taking away.

Zylo
    Pretty much the main reason I re - upped my subscription after canceling was my wife and my freinds. I wrongly thought that there was a chance that funcom would change their attitude a bit, now this additional little item makes things perfectly clear. So now I am stuck with necron beta or EQ(never really played all that much) until SWG open beta hits in one month. Gameplay has become routine even when starting on another server with no freinds to help twink you out. My main chars calms do not work , so I cannot even solo for not so good xp. My name is still sitting at default14 due to the fact that every name I want is owned by a level 2 char that has not been played for 8 months and also due to the fact that the name needs to be unique over both DIMS Lots of other little and no so little things that all add up no fun. So even if I have to , at this point , wait a little to play a GOOD RPG ,I will and hopefully it will be worth the wait .

disappointed
    formerly Yesiamstoned 148nt rk2
    and a bunch of others

PS good rpg = good initial game design AND WELL MANAGED

Cz,

Honestly, can't comment until you tell us why they are unbalanced. Speak to your developers and game testers, come back with feedback on what they say are the issues/problems and then give us a chance to comment.

Impossible to come up with an answer without hearing any justification.

Cheers and I hope I have not missed the justification post, just found this now and read the first 12 pages of the same thing being said over and over again and so skipped to the end.

Pas
    Katzz 'Riders of the Lost Org' 213 Fixer
    Docckk 'Riders of the Lost Org' 207 Doctor

I have a suggestion FC... okay here it is...

8% crit, +200 to all inits.. aimed shot bonus as it used to be
    crit is less but it has an actual init bonus for that! also since it requires ALOT of points in some really hard to raise skills, make it stack w/ new scopes..
    my 10 cents
    Socializer 93%
    Explorer 53%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 13%
    <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<)

Auch, this nerf must come hard for all the ‘older’ players who have an old scope, but I think it is reasonable to see this matter also from the perspective of the ‘newer’ players who don’t have one. Just imagine a fight between enforcer A with the old 15% scope and enforcer B with no 15% scope in the arena. Enforcer B will keep wondering why his but beeing kicked the whole time and later find out that enforcer A got an item that he never can obtain, because it s simply not more ingame.
    Enforcer A will think: “Damn, nerf scopes, remove them out of this game!”
    Enforcer B will think: “Hehe im GOD with this scope, compared to those poor guys who will never obtain one”.

So whats fair? :-)

To add to the field. Tried to spark a discussion about this at guild chat yesterday. Can't say that was a big success. More like the silence of Wine.

At least I got a little backup from Highjack and Cloudeh (if they weren't being sarcastic).

See, what I meant in my earlier post really isn't that unreasonable.

I don't know if Noer will agree, but at one point in time it is undoubtable true that traders healed better then doctors. Traders went off the wall when they heard PHDP was going to be nerfed (nerfed too hard in my opinion) but yet it did help balance out who was the real healers of the game.

Then, any sap with UVC running would crit like a madman. Was even worse when some lvl 20 twink with 200 NCU had UVC and was wiping the floor with mobs and players. When Funcom said that MA's crit buffs were self only everyone went off the wall again. Yet now you surely don't see the crit happy people as they used to be.

Third time with the bracer nerf. Xing000 can attest that he collected every bracer you can imagine because he knew the reflect would make him damn powerful in both pvp and pvm. He had uber reflect as did many other classes that really shouldnt' have the ability to reflect that much damage. Everyone when off the wall but now the true reflect class is a soldier -- as their profession description suggests.

And now, the scope nerf. Really seems less of a nerf then the trader heals and the MA buffs but you will see that the MA can crit often, the rest of the classes not so often. Even with my 5% and my doc. With TTS and Peril I'm critting very, very often. If I had a 15% ELLTS I would be critting in the same lvl as a MA with UVC. Doesn't make much sense for a NT or a doctor being able to strike vitals as well as a MA.

Now before people flame me, I don't like the fact that many of you feel powerless without these scopes.

Every class that is complaining here will not get some "blah blah, shut up whiner" from me. Instead, I hear you loud and clear because my NT wishes she could fight toe-to-toe without having to get TTS/Peril. And I'm damn sure engy's wish their bots were much more powerful. The list goes on and on.

Just lets hope that this will allow Funcom to accurately judge damage and balance ALL professions, as Highjack said.

P.S. Please don't attack me like Rznr and Lucidtrance (he did in-game, via tells). Try to say what your class could use so you can drop the ELLTS.

There arent any weapons for soldiers

...That do decent base dmg and has reasonable speed.

Kiryat Daharin likes to use the Manex Catasrophe as an example of one that does. I havent seen it and I havent tested it so I will reserve my opinion on it.

I have looked for it, and noone I know in game has one so at least for now its rare.

The Martins that was removed (for being unbalanced) wasnt even close to being unbalanced. I did better with my Nova...

So if FC feels that we should crit less they should give us viable options that arent just items in the database.

This double nerf (and broken promise) WILL lower damage and that will give healing profs an even better advantage.

Bring damage to 100% and I will agree to this sillyness...not before.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Lets be honest here.

Anything you would like to add to that scope in reasonable limits would not keep that scope in the value range it is at the moment.

The scope is not easy to equip at the moment, so if you actually check the requirement it is pretty amazing that you want to nerf a thing that is hardly usable for those below lever 160.

Also the scope in my opinion should only be available for ranged attacks such as Pistols, Shotguns, Rifles, Bows and Assault Rifles.

How can an item that has been designed for RANGED attacks improve your close combat skills? (note: this does not mean that there should not be items that improve physical and melee attacks)

At the moment, the high level scopes aren't useful with many weapons in this game. Nerfing this would mean that you should also give people who have these scopes some IP reset points. I personally would not use a shotgun, if I had not acquired 15% scope a while back. I had to spend a lot of IP to equip both Ithaca and eLLTS...now I need to reset 5 skills, perhaps only 4. I think this is hugely unfair.

So if you do nerf the scope:

1. Make the 15% scope to have 250m shop value

2. Give extra 5 IPr points to those who have invested on those weapons that are no longer useful after the nerf along with useless tradeskills

Cz..

Why do u guys **** up this game so much?

Seems like u don´t even care what the playes are saying.

U always listen to the whiners etc...

It isn´t fun when u nerf everything, just make me wanna press

cancel. U change the rules in the game for EVERY patch.

For ONCE can u listen to the oldies and not to the whiners? plz!

Edit: A ql 200 scope already have a HUGE init penatly for the crit bonus....isn´t that enough already?
    moon meeh

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast