Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Why do you keep doing all these ridiculous changes? Just fix the damn bugs, we don't need any more nerfs or items or quests or whatever!

Keep the old LLTS, no one will quit AO for keeping them as they are, but I bet a lot will quit if you nerf them. And there is nothing that can replace a -7% crit nerf. Perhaps if you made a ql 200 add +500 dmg each hit or +200 points to "ALL" weapon skills. I worked my ass off for my 14% and 15% scopes. My MA might be able to live with it, but my doc won't. She'll have to spend multiple IPR's and rework all her implants to use X-3 instead of shotgun. All shotgun players will start running around with X-3s or suddenly dissappear from AO.

We've had enough nerfs. You make me depressed in real life almost making posts like these. I wouldn't mind if they where reinstated into the game, even though it would mean I would have paid 300 mill credits for nothing, just as long as it means I get to keep the current criticalincrease. Been looking so forward into putting my scope on, now I'm almost giving up, wondering if it's even worth trying.

To sum it all up: (/#)(&¤> (&"/¤"((/#%(/#"%(")("#/=)/)(&%#"(/%#&

Seriously funcom. What the hell is going through your heads when you do something so stupid and moronic as this? its like 12.5 all over again. Theres bugs, exploits, titlefarming, pvp, class balancing to fix and what do you guys manage to do? nerf something else? what the ****? c'mon now, thats just ignorant. What kind of monkeys do you have back in norway deciding the answer to every problem is to nerf something? Disappointing, very ****ing disappointing
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

You guys actually stated on another thread in this forum, that you would never nerf things anymore, you would rather fix the other classes to compensate for the unbalance.

HELLO?? Actually, you guys have stated often that you will NEVER "nerf" again.

Well. I don't really care. I have a +4 llts on my low level twink. Good enuff for me. *sings his song about destroying economy again*

First you guys nerf bracers, then you nerf scope. Wut next?

-> Suggestion <- remove the init debuffs on the llts.

Im sure people would go bananas if they had not debuffing.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Wink

and hey. Don't worry people. Swg is due soon.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Old school LLTS should still be dropping in game today.

Thats my opinion anyways. Guess it would piss those off who paid 100mil for em or whatever.

Arrow This could work

Make some tradeskill thing (that requires no skill) that converts LLTS into the new scopes, but doubles the QL.

Then have it give a one time bonus (per character) of 2 IPR points. Or just give the whole world 2 (or more) IPR points, we wouldn't mind.

New scopes are better than the old scopes, but theres no way to get one over ql250. Having some bull**** highlev boss mobs start dropping them is not a solution either.

Only some lower level twinks would get hurt this way, but older players tend to be high level anyways. You can buff perception a lot more than EE/WS.

Hmm, traders and engys who raise ee/ws for tradeskill work anyways would get shafted into raising a crap skill, but nobody gives a **** about them, and I'd rather save the scopes.

Oh wait, who cares, another set of whiners are getting inits screwed up anyways. People make me sick.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Exclamation "promise"

Oh yes, about that promise they wouldn't nerf old LLTS...I'm pretty sure they put that promise on the "current patch" forum. Which gets locked a few weeks after a patch, and then wiped/removed when a new patch comes out.

They didn't put the fact LLTS were removed from loot tables in the patch notes either. It wasn't until the players raised a stink they confirmed it.

Pretty damn convenient.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Cz

How about bringing a suggestion for how to keep the value there, even thought the crit gets nerfed?
    i take that back, i like teh +shotty +aimed shot ideas, probably because i use shotty / aimed shot. i think FC should re-evaluate the designers tho, i mean their really not making people like their game. you could try adding NEW content sometime, maybe in 24.6 preliminary, but reworking the same old $h!t on top of nerfing the valuable items we "charish"-cz does not make people like you, no less like your game.
    Last edited by Hailieglade; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 05:16:20.
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

Hmmm

Think the whole ide to nerf the llts scopes sucks. Sure they can change em some, but not the crit factor.

Either let em alone or change em to ranged weps only.
    Or if u must change em maybe add a large Offense.mod on em and some extra dmg, and make em range only. ;o)

Maybe Funcom should class restrict every item in AO. dunno if that should class balance better. :P
    Just an ide...

Originally posted by Znails
    omg... my guess is that you will see many angry oldtimers
    There aren't many left now.
    every time they decide to change or nerf something, people quit for it. Why did people quit? cuz They did it without using their brains. I am sorry but it's true. FC you've screwed up ur own game which was good at very first.
    Just the lil people, try to make their livings. - BI

I am the one of nature! no really I am. No, I am not an adv, but can
    they charm critters?! - Grag
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Proud Unit Member of Phoenix Consortium

This game is turning to shiitt the more and more i read the forums.. you should just do away with these stupid dam forums altogether.. and have feedback via email only.. so no one knows what is goning on.. have updates or news posted via log in screen and that is it.

as soon as i see a portion of my guild gone, i am gone as well.. your expansion pack is such a laugh.. you'll be lucky if you have 10 players by then
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Thumbs down Why talk about a nerf which was promissed not be touched.

How we nerf the Veteran´s of the game?

I am not whinnig about any nerf´s be 4.
    U say tresure the old ones who has them.
    So i did.Now we talk deltee em why you tresure them.
    AO should leave llts like it is.Better add more crit to em since we have no UVC anymore.Make em +24% and leave em rare.

So we who play long time should reserve the bonus as a thank you to the customer´s since the long time we are with AO.

And keep the promise up that u dont touch em keep em just like they are.

Tell us customer how u come on the idea remove/nerf or what ever the scopes?

Who gave u those suggestion? Is maybe something other planed?

Get rid of the Veterans from AO?
    If so say excusme Veterans go ur here not welcome i will go.
    But dont touch or even think ill or other accept that promise what was made and not word holden.

Better bring new idea of improve game play 4 all noobs and Veterans.

Not hole time how to nerf nerf nerf.

How about the idea onece a month a real hard Mob where Omni/Clan strongest guild hole togehter need smash down a Mob? And drop really some new things,(new Soldier wepons?)
    Or 4 the MP class summin when their pets stuck at corner how they defend thier own.Try those ideas out. Insted spending time in nerf existing thing´s. Spend the time in imporve game 4 MP, have no to be Soldier lets make MP´s happy i dont mind.

PS:Other good idea when neutral is in team make mob´s Tab able.I hate serach mob with mouse.

Sorry my school english is long time ago.
    I hope u can understand me.
    Thank´s reading my thread.
    CCu
    CCu Have 4un

200 Soldier RK2/ Outcasts

Ok, nerf the crit buffs, but give me a 10 percent chance that when using the scope, a hooker will suddenly appear and begin..........
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

take away the weapon speed negative

Originally posted by Cz

Then give me a suggestion for a change to the old scope, so you wouldn't want to switch to a new one.
    Change the equip location and leave everything else alone, then I'd still like to use the old one.

This really blows.... anything added that would make it worth a reduced crit bonus would make people whine just as much, not that I think they will add anything I want as much as the crit bonus.

*edited
    Last edited by kyleb; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 03:58:25.

We are all human, I sware alot actually, but I do try and make an effort not to offend people when it comes to religion, race, etc.. yeah i say OMG.. but i dont' need to add **** in there to make a point.. because I know it might offend some people.. its more-so me being politically correct.. far be it for me to stop somone from saying something .. but it doesn't hurt to ask
    Last edited by oXiDe; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 05:01:48.

no idea if this has been asked before since I haven't read all 28 pages of this thread, but when exactly will this nerf be taking place? I pray not tomorrow.

BTW, I can't wait to hear the complaining once every last trader is removed from this game and noone can find a wrangle. Because after all, nerfing crits is nerfing traders. Again. And frankly I'm one of about 3 high lvl traders I ever see at (rk-2) Tir grid as it is.....

FC you really don't know what you've gotten yourselves into.
    Last edited by Anonymous; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 04:00:26.

Originally posted by Dark Ellph
    Uniform damage isn't the answer either. With crits, there was always a possibility that you'd get lucky and beat a vastly superior foe.

With uniform damage without crits it would look like this:

MA to Soldier:

Hey do you want to duel?

Soldier:

Hmm..with my gun I'll do an avg of 500*5 damage in 8 seconds add in two specials of 800 each.
    The MA will do an avg of 600 damage 7 times in 8 seconds plus 1 1000 heal.

So I'll do 4100 damage, and he'll do 4200 damage and heal 1k of the damage I do to him.

"no thanks"
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Without having to deal with non-uniform damage, FC can now look at damage being dealt by the various classes on a more controlled level and change it to create greater balance.

If they do NOT follow up this change and fix the fundamentals, the change means nothing and PvP will still be FUBAR. However, I'd have to think that even FC isn't dumb enough to get everyone angry about this then drop the ball.

Um....well....ok, maybe they are. But this is what I see happening.

Re: Re: Qustion to Cz

Originally posted by Fishtaco
    seriously it looks like yet another nerf of what I would like to think is/was your origianal player base in an attempt to bottle feed the new ones.
    Well, no matter what the actual reasoning is behind this nerf, yes, that is exactly how those of us who have been dedicated to the game since day 1 feel about it.

Unfortunate, really.

--Tsk

Balance should not be solely based on PVP.. PVP is all screwed up.. it shouldn't be regarded as anything other than something to do when you are bored....

It isn;t as if they are nodrop.. people have the oportunity to save money and buy one just as everyone else if they just started...

and if they are tired of losing PVP to twinks.. then they should learn to twink.. and if they think that Crit scopes are the only reason that they loose in PVP.. think again.. most of it is due to outside buffs.. so if you want to PVP.. you need to know what the hell you are doing and put in the time and effect to devolpe a character that is viable in PVP.

Alot of time and effort goes into tweaking a toon.. learn some math and do it yourself (this is amied at the whiners..)

don't ask me.. all my toons are gimps
    Last edited by Luxferro; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 04:25:32.
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast