Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Originally posted by Cz
    I got suggested in IRC that if we're going to nerf the scopes, make them available in-game again. What's everybody's thoughts on that?
    Well.... no, with them nerfed it would still hurt those that are using the old ones....

I think it's better to give the old ones some nice bonuses or removing the init penalty alltogether... and keeping the old ones as is... aka rare and non dropping.
    That way will the people that have gotten the old ones still have a unique item thats still valuable and at the same time limiting the crits.

well isnt it a dead end ?

ppl have actually nerfed themself with up to -700 init to increase damage output.. coz thats what is all about..

so what you could do is make the scopes increase your min and max damage.. most importantly the min damage.. but then again.. you would have to nerf them again.. same as if it would give bonuses like a wrangle.. no matter what you do.. if they dont drop anymore and gives advantage ppl is gonna cry for nerf no matter what bonus they give... that is if it is combat oriented...

leave em as it is and make em drop again... is the only constructive thing i can say... that would keep ppl happy and those who whine can get one themselves..
    Znails

Originally posted by Cz

How about bringing a suggestion for how to keep the value there, even thought the crit gets nerfed?
    IMO you need something about as unbalancing as that 15% crit.

I would suggest lower the reqs on it to 50%, and add xp bonus to it.

For example, a QL200 ELLTS might give me 8% crit, but also 7% xp bonus.

that extra 7% you lose in crit would be nice to meet up somewhere else.

Or 7% to something else worthwhile.

Just me but if they give xp% bonus with slightly lower costs on skill reqs (um perception is only 1 skill, this uses 2xskills - skills that cant be buffed by upto 870)

I also like the idea of letting the Ql400 new scopes drop.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by Cz

Then give me a suggestion for a change to the old scope, so you wouldn't want to switch to a new one.
    give us a fat range/meele/physi init boost on the old ones, well boost the nanoc init too
    /Comfortyou

Tha Doc Squad Commander of Wen-Tzu Enclave

My trader

I can think of around 2-3 good addtion to the scope to compensate for the crit loss.

1: Added dmg. For each crit bonus (after nerf) give a +10 dmg bonus to all dmg types. That would in the end result in a Q200 ELLTS to have +8 Crit chance, and +80 dmg bonus.

2: Give a added bonus to Fling/fast attack. Again i could imagine +10 for each crit bonus.

3: Let a xLLTS lower the recycle time for aimed shot

The first oprion would ofcourse be best, but the last things would offcouse also be nice, but would hurt some professions. If you fix them i would suggest to use either #1 or #2 and #3. I know that #3 will hurt all those MA out there, but hey you have those uber crits buff which noone else have.
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

Some weapons are good with a high scope, some are good with a lower scope, some are better with TIM's hud. Sounds like some people want it to sound like you just need a ql200 of the old scopes with any weapon and then you rock. Well, you wont rock with -200 inits unless you got a superfast weapon. And superfast weapons got low damage. Can you see the picture?

This nerf is absolutely not needed. I would think Funcom got better things to do than doing nerfs not needed at all.
    ~Lone

some suggestions:

1: reduce the init penalties and give them a healthy
    bonus to Offense/weapon skills

2: Imunity to blinding nanos/explosions (I know...a small thing)

3: xp modifier

4: +200 on perception

5: let owners of LLTSs exceede the hard capped weapon range of 40m

6: bonus to specials recycle

7 make them drop again (prolly the most importaint)
    Last edited by Warcriminal; Oct 1st, 2002 at 11:15:34.
    "We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

hey noer good to see ya around fighting for us :P

keep it up buddy!
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by Cz

Then give me a suggestion for a change to the old scope, so you wouldn't want to switch to a new one.
    I want a screwdriver option to remove the night-time vision enhancing effect, and a reduced Ranged Init modifier.

/me votes for the nerf BUT ...

- IPR are indispensable
    - either add 1mil per ql to the chars credits (like Abunari said) or give it special bonuses that are worth it (maybe add damage based on crit bonus of a weapon or something other comaprable to the old effect, still a little better than the new scopes so that there is an incentive)
    ACTUAL WARNING: Milfma*tr / Evilward*n / Soulhunt*r01 is a SCAMMER
    see e.g. this link
    blame FC! They do nothing against known Scammers - beside support em thru deleting petitions and threads about it and not implementing a functionality to check contents of backpacks while trading

CoDTrader

We're looking into adding other bonuses to the Low Light Targeting Scope, to ensure that it stays as valuable as it is now, and at least better than the Low Light Targeting Scope. Suggestions for this is appreciated, and will be brought to the designers.

Typo Cz

If the point is too keep them as valuable, putting them back in the game would be counter-productive..

Ql 250 Vision Enhancer gives %8 crit with -425 init.

QL 200 Ellts gives %15 crit with -800 init

My suggestion is make the ql 200 Ellts %8 crit with -210 init.

And possibly a modest perception boost for good measure. This will retain value due to the fact that you could use it with slower wpns and not kill your atk speed. Just a thought.

i am panicking, again a handful of people crying for nerf can change AO for me... i hate this so much >.<

i cannot think of anything that will make up for my scope going 15% to 8%.... globe of clarity adds 1% and it goes for 100 million credits...

+200 add all off would be nice, but still would not make it worth as much, or remove the init penalty completely from the ELLTS, and have it give you 5 or 6 IPR points...

i blew millions of IP upping skills for a weapon that rely on this scope, i blew even more IP to equip the scope and suffer the huge -800 init debuff on it... this is horrible horrible.

- i beseech funcom to reverse this decision -

i wont even get into the fact that this was a gift, and my most cherished item and now its turning to mush
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

Originally posted by Phione
    We're looking into adding other bonuses to the Low Light Targeting Scope, to ensure that it stays as valuable as it is now, and at least better than the Low Light Targeting Scope. Suggestions for this is appreciated, and will be brought to the designers.

Typo Cz
    LOL. Fixing it now.

thx for taking out the last item you could use to competition with MA's UVC ...

Now what next? Pimpy Lvl50 Nuubs will cry for next nerfs ... oh i see the next point, we soldiers and the enforcer will cry about MA's and their UVC ... it's "unfair" - so next nerf *lol* whats next? Heals? HP Buffs? "OMG its so unfair ... MP's are having Pets!"?

Sorry FC you don't see how stupid this nerfs are? Costumers get angry ...

What is left are some Nubes who never know how to play this game in another manner then trying to get "uber" and whine if they don't feel so. But this ppl will never do ANYTHING for the community. They will just ebay if they get bored ... ppl who stay cause of the community (call it friends) will leave more and more like a chain-reactionto ... say it in a sarcastic way "Great, much less lag!" *rofl*
    Quotation from a statement of Henry Radiman, official Clan Leader:
    >> "Action is needed," says Radiman. "Commentary is needed. Policy is needed. The Council is needed." <<

------------
    Marariella, once a Member of The Council
    ------------

Re: hey noer good to see ya around fighting for us :P

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    keep it up buddy!
    Well, someone gotta do something about the nerf-madness Funcom has started.

Im gone in 3 days though. All my accounts are running out 3rd of october.
    ~Lone

*thwaps coldreality*
    iiik heeeeb jeee neeeeus !

lol that was fast Cz

Originally posted by Noer
    Some weapons are good with a high scope, some are good with a lower scope, some are better with TIM's hud. Sounds like some people want it to sound like you just need a ql200 of the old scopes with any weapon and then you rock. Well, you wont rock with -200 inits unless you got a superfast weapon. And superfast weapons got low damage. Can you see the picture?

This nerf is absolutely not needed. I would think Funcom got better things to do than doing nerfs not needed at all.
    Thats the point ... Scopes old and new and other items bring in the "****e" to this game.

You can use different combinations and try what you think is a good way.

It's not very funny (even if FC believes so) to just add another 20 QL Levels to an armor just to keep Lvl 200 chars busy. Thats the simple way ... = boring

But it's hard to understand for nerf whiners that there's much more then equipping GUN + Scope = UBER ... but np, they can whine for next nerf ...
    Quotation from a statement of Henry Radiman, official Clan Leader:
    >> "Action is needed," says Radiman. "Commentary is needed. Policy is needed. The Council is needed." <<

------------
    Marariella, once a Member of The Council
    ------------

If you have to nerf them...how about removing all init penalty on them, that would make them better than the new scopes. Not enought to keep the value on them tho, but still something.

And..will you give a ql200 LLTS same crit % as a ql250 VE or a ql200?

and what about the ql400 VE that are in DB, they will never be released?

You know that by this change you are making alot of weapons like snakemaster, raid pistol and others totally worthless, right?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast