Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Originally posted by oXiDe
    Its not that SWG will be free of nerfs.. but most are taking a gamble that they will see that VE learned from evercamp.. and that lucas arts will be more customer orientated.. and actaully listen to there customers

hmmm.. it's listening to the customers that starts all the nerf talks... the more you listen the more you hear that person yelling... I just got beat by an Engineer in PvP... NERF HIM!!!

Re: weapons

Originally posted by Yeniferr
    Once again....if you add new weapons that don't need such a crit I need more ipr to change my weapons b/c FC didn't inform us this was gonna happen.
    well ipr was not meant as a way to just redo all your skills whenever you care to... however I think those with LLS's may have ipr needs... ipr however was not intended for people to change their skills every patch to whatever the new cool item to use was.

Can you just make the LLTS nerfed in 0-25% suppression areas? If its only for people that whine at pvp

Not IPRing to use a new cool item...IPRing b/c FC decides to all of a sudden nerf an item that is very significant to the gameplay they have created.

Re: why why why?

Why don't you ask your customers what they want first? Instead of saying its gonna happen and asking our opinions?
    well.. maybe you've missed it.. I know I haven't.. but since they took Low Light scopes out of the game there has been numorous posts asking for them to be nerfed... apparently Funcom did listen to those people... they listened to the people who did not have 250million credits to compete in PvP... and listened to how many people complained about the overpowered scopes..

MGLO, you have no idea what you are talking about

Have you used a raid?
    Have you dual used raids?
    Do you have a 15% scope?

Have you maxed out your shotgun and pistol skills and implanted with QL200 implants to find that your buffed attack rating still doesn't go over 800 at level 200?

Have you wondered what happens after that 6 seconds of glory is up? Even with the scope and MA buffs, I do *****ty damage.

"You hit mob x for 23 points of chemical damage" over and over and over again. Take out the crits (yeah, i've used a QL250 VE with them to see what it was like) and I couldn't get aggro from MPs and Shotty using docs using shotguns that were 50 levels below me.

With those guns, we have 6 seconds of glory, but how many classes outlast those 6 seconds? How many misses do we fire with such a low AR rating? What kind of crit buffs can you cast while in mimic form (-140 to all nano skills)?

I can't even self cast gnat's wing at level 200 in Agent form...

Please do not speak about a weapon that you have no experience with.

As I said, yeah, we may have 6 seconds of glory but for the next 6 minutes and 54 seconds we are SOL

K, thanks, move along

I can't solo missions my lvl w/15% scope....so how can they be overpowered?

Not IPRing to use a new cool item...IPRing b/c FC decides to all of a sudden nerf an item that is very significant to the gameplay they have created.
    which was the reason they gave us ipr's in the first place. Although I think they should offer a couple more for this... The ipr were supposed to be for times like this... but many people used them for things like equipping a CHS or going all tradeskill instead.

Originally posted by Outlauw

which was the reason they gave us ipr's in the first place. Although I think they should offer a couple more for this... The ipr were supposed to be for times like this... but many people used them for things like equipping a CHS or going all tradeskill instead.
    Yes...but they didn't say SAVE IPR FOR LLTS NERF THAT WE NEVER TOLD YOU MIGHT HAPPEN.

lol, nerf MA other buffs too then you Braniacs

Why?

Because anyone that has a higher level MA friend can get ELLTS crit mods with only half the penalty!

Who are the braniacs running the show? Comrade Karl Marx?

All you do by taking the scope out is:

1. Get to watch another bunch of players quit
    2. Get to watch everyone going around asking MAs for crit buffs
    3. Cater to the whining low level players that think that games should be communist as well.

Lets make all the rare items in game just be missionable, or sold at vendors for only a set price of 1k credits Comrade Cz, No-funcom Comrades. I bet then we could actually appease the whining of the underprivelaged class, lol..(underprivelaged in that they don't want to work to get anything)..

Ellph

Originally posted by Scumbug
    short as I can:

- anything that some players have,
    should be possible for other players to get.
    items should be either ingame/dropping or not.

- you cannot add IPR points to them,
    even tho I agree in concept, because they will get duped
    (duping is never gone) and then people have infinite IPRs.
    It'll be IP rings all over again.
    The Pioneer Backpack is in-game, some players have it, but other players can not get a new one. They can get it from somebody else who already has one. The same is true for ELLTS scopes.

Pioneer Backpacks were given out to people who were in game from launch. Keeping ELLTS's in the game is just another way not to piss off the players who have been with you since the beginning (although it's becoming harder and harder for Funcom to do.. they're nerfing them anyway). Reward them, don't make them go away. Don't be grumpy because you don't have one.

And while your concern about IPR is valid, the simple workaround would be to add 2 IPR points to every character in the game. IPR points do not give any character any advantage *AT ALL* over other characters. No IP is gained. For such a big change in the game, Funcom would not be in the wrong to let everybody IPR two skills so those who have raised EE/WS can reset those skills. That would be the easiest solution.

Or Funcom could offer a one-time IPR for only those two skills over a 2 week period.

Either way, changes like these are what brought IPR to exist. How many people IPR'd Multi Ranged when IPR was introduced? This nerf should not leave characters with 0 ipr points with wasted IP if the old scopes are going to have little, if any, benifit over the new VE scopes.

--Tsk

suggestion

The thing that really bothered me about scopes is the fact that melee users can use them. it doesnt make sense, how can u tie a scope to your hands or a sword and how does that increase the crit of one. it never made sense.

but if your going to reduce the crit % to 8, then here is my suggestions:

+150 to run speed
    +150 to ranged weapon damage
    reduce the range init penalty to 50-70%
    +50 to all evades
    +30 to all ranged weapon skill
    +60 to all special attacks(full auto, fling.....).Including multirange.

Now, that would get my attendion. anything short of that. its a big fat nerf and not an adjustment.

MAKE IT AN ADJUSTMENT NOT A NERF.
    Last edited by Odian102; Oct 1st, 2002 at 22:09:31.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Re: lol, nerf MA other buffs too then you Braniacs

Originally posted by Dark Ellph
    All you do by taking the scope out is:

1. Get to watch another bunch of players quit
    2. Get to watch everyone going around asking MAs for crit buffs
    3. Cater to the whining low level players that think that games should be communist as well.
    Dude it's typical Funcom. Nerf the crits that everyone can use (UVC anyone?) and now ELLTS's, but they don't bother to level the playfield by nerfing MA crits. So typical of Funcom.

Their definition of balance is *the* most *broken* I've ever seen They also don't seem to care that some people made aquiring a 13-15% ELLTS their only goal in the game at high levels. They've spent millions of credits, traded very valuable items for one, and now it was all for nothing.

The positive mod changes on the old scopes should this crit nerf actually go through better be hefty. And I mean hefty.

--Tsk

Wink

They want everyone to be Martial Artists

Funny, I just started an MA last night.

I know which character I'm concentrating on now.

--Tsk

Wonder how many items are coming out for MA's.....Prolly a lot compared to any other class if they gonna nerf scopes.
    I'm sure expansion/booster, all focuses on MA.

People trying to figure out new suggestions to what to add to the scope. Its a targeting scope. Not running boots or a tradeskill buff-item.

It makes no sense that it should buff runspeed, xp-bonuses, tradeskills, tutoring - just because you could use a buff for it. It should buff crit-chance, aimed shot and maybe damage-modifier or attackrating modifier. Whats the sense in aiming to get better runspeed??!?!

And there are already plenty of xp-modifying items in the game. And you can get from lvl 1 -> 200 in a month. So no need to make that easier.
    ~Lone

NTs and MAs will just pull that much more aggro in missions now.

At least I know who I'll be healing after the nerf.

--Tsk

This is.. is.. a horrible move, FC.

I've been here since beta3, and have enjoyed the game even tho FC has done some seriously bad decissions from time to time. I've watched several AO friends leave the game, and tonight another one left.

Like Dark Ellph said. using for example a Raid pistol without a scope means your doing really REALLY low damage. Yes, once in a while you will crit for 2200, but in the meantime you will hit for 25,25,25,25,25,25,25,2200,25,25.. etc.

This is a QL 200 gun. Nobody will ever use this gun again on higher levels if the last of the ELLTSes get their crit chance reduced. There are so many crap weapons in AO that people only use at level 10-20 and end up using a cookie-cutter weapon like the X-3 instead. If this nerf comes alive, you MUST introduce more weapons that are viable. And I don't mean weapons that you have to gather 50+ people for killing a boss for. There is only one rifle in this game worth using for damage, and it is the X-3. How about some more variety ?

However, you were asking for suggestions.. so I'll make some:

1. ELLTS should stay the way it is, but have a - 10 000 phys init modifier.

2. ELLTS should stay the way it is, only ranged only. Then the melee users need a device on their own for crits (maybe enhancing the FoB again...). With melee, I mean those who use weapons with melee init.

3. *sigh* ELLTS w/ 8% max crit and add +200 offense and +100 defense (QL 200) _and_ it should become available in game again as loot. Maybe as a side effect also add - to nano init. Maybe...

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast