Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Re: It does not matter anyway!!

Originally posted by LittleTotem
    My personal feelings are that funcom is running the old players out of the game and working to bring in a freash player base.
    LOL, whens the last time you saw an AO box for sale in a computer gaming store=p Even the new "special edtion" boxes are gone from most places.

Zenpunch:
    That's total BS you just said. What kind of sacrifice is that you're talking about when it's basicly what everyone else is doing (fighting with full agg).
    MAs are the only ppl able to fight at 1/1 with almost full DEF, I don't see any sacrifice whatsoever.

Re: Re: It does not matter anyway!!

Originally posted by Necessity

LOL, whens the last time you saw an AO box for sale in a computer gaming store=p Even the new "special edtion" boxes are gone from most places.
    Ahh, very perceptive there Necessity. That is why the booster pack will include a copy of AO.

Doh, or didn't you know .

LOL, Yes good point, why in the hell if i buy a booster pack do i want another copy of AO, humm so my friends can get nerfed.

That is a very good point.

/me wonders why people think SWG will be free from nerfs.

Yeah!

Give us 2 more IPR points, so i can reset mech engy and elec engy and dump that in perception then!

Its not that SWG will be free of nerfs.. but most are taking a gamble that they will see that VE learned from evercamp.. and that lucas arts will be more customer orientated.. and actaully listen to there customers. I love AO.. ( i'm rather bored at lvl 157) but its been a fun game.. but as for FC.. they have not once shown me that they have been interested in listining to their players.. and they have a bad business sense. ( ie. nerf insted of fixing the classes.. i want to see the professions balanced.. not nering the few tools that are in the game.. that actaully help people out.

There is nothiung wrong with the crit scopes.. they should be re-introduced to the game.. not taken away.. I mean heck.. its already hard enough to lvl at 157.. and when looking at the new mobs with HP in the 100,000 ++++ a nice crit scope should be benificial.. why take that away? Give them back to the community.. everyone.. balance the professions !!! then there woudn't be a need to nerf the scopes.. but.. balancing the professions would cost FC too much money or effort.. so they would rather take the easy way out.. and just nerf... When will this company see that when you upset your customers.. they will eventually stop using this product.. ( AO)

I want to see this game continue.. i want to see mobs of new people playing this game.. because I actaully think it could be a great game.. but at this rate.. whos going to stick around when we the customers keep getting upset, nerf after nerf..

I agree that the removal of the old school scopes wasn't fair to new players.. but now taking away an item that some of us fought long and hard for ... is not the answer..

Angry grrrrr.

./me is a very oldtimer.

This is redicolous.... stop the nerfing... there isn`t anything that can replace the crit chace on the scopes. it`s the crit chance that makes the scope good. If this is done, trust me it`s the end for many. man this pisses me off.

Yoboy.

Originally posted by Cz

I got suggested in IRC that if we're going to nerf the scopes, make them available in-game again. What's everybody's thoughts on that?
    I think that's a great idea. I've been playing nearly a year but since I'm a casual player with several alts, I never got very high level -- and I never found a scope. I like the idea of making them more available. After all, once they are in balance there's no reason not to.

-Blaik

Add to the game, stop subtracting

How about introducing the higher QL Vision Enhancers instead of removing the old LLTS? Would be a lot easier & keep everyone happy. The LLTS should be for trade skill people & the Vision Enhancers should be for ppl with perception skill while the other professions have their defining skills to offset the cost of persuing the scope of their chosing. Seems simple enough to me.

well....... what kinda bouns will = 14% cirtical ? + 300 attack rating?

i just pay a lot for it and u guys nerf it immediately hmm

new one like 8-10% cirtial (200one )
    +200 all rng skill
    +500 aimshot
    -500 init
    + 5% xp/ip lol
    Last edited by DIO; Oct 1st, 2002 at 21:28:12.

Here are 3 valid suggestions that I would want to see all my chars using these scopes.

#1 Give Attack skill bonus.
    modify self aimed shot 300
    modify self critical chance 8
    modify self melee init -800
    modify self physical init -800
    modify self ranged init -800
    modify self weapon range 45
    modify self AMS 200

#2 Remove init penalty, add evades penalty
    modify self -150 Dodge
    modify self -150 Duck
    modify self -150 Evade

#3 Lower init penalty to 600 and add +300 to all special attacks
    modify self full auto 300
    modify self fling 300
    modify self burst 300
    modify self fast attack 300
    modify self sneak attack 300
    modify self brawl 300
    modify self dimach 300
    modify self melee init -600
    modify self physical init -600
    modify self ranged init -600

Re: Re: Re: It does not matter anyway!!

Originally posted by LittleTotem

Ahh, very perceptive there Necessity. That is why the booster pack will include a copy of AO.

Doh, or didn't you know .
    That clears some stuff up=p Think they'll accidently lose some of the forums again too

Ok, idea.

You go ahead and do you nerf (bastards) but atleast put in some new weapons that are acctually useful without a significant crit buff. Weapons that can put out damage compairable to most of what people use are few and far between.

I mean do you ever wonder why theres only 10-15 weapons used at high lvls by everyone? Because everything else is complete crap!

We wouldnt need crits if you could give us some more diverse weapons.

Also, whats gonna happen with all these new bosses running around, even with 1258 attack rating the only thing i can land on the new Mobs at the Ace camp are crits.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

This is typical no-funcom lameness

I can't believe it. You guys nerf me into quitting a long time ago with all the Agent nerfs. I took a very very long time off, played a few more games and came back to AO thinking that Beta was over.

I used to have a QL200 ELLTs that I had accidently sold to a vendor not knowing it was taken out of the game when I had returned (I had no money cause I gave it away when I quit before, so I sold stuff like my ELLTS to get basic money when I returned thinking I could just get it back....=(

Needless to say, I spent the next 131 levels (I'm 200 now) saving up to get another ELLTS to replace the one I so foolishly sold to a vendor.

Now I won't go into all the issues with Agent and guns (x-3 sucks for pvp, pvp games suck without big crits, AS sucks in general for rifle users, etc..etc..) You can go to the Agent boards and read all that.

If you take away (nerf) the scope:
    -You take away all my gun options. (not to mention everyone's gun options but soldiers)
    -You take away 131 levels of saving up to get that item.
    -You take away my ability to pvp (the only thing I have to do at my level
    -You seriously nerf agents
    -You nerf my raising Bow, Pistols, Shotgun, Multi-ranged, Physical Init, ME, and Weapon smithing (2 extra freaking IPr points are not enough!!) Those are all skills i raised to complement my scope with weapons available)
    -You made me look through the stupid yellow Haze from my ellts for over a month
    -You Make MAs that much more powerful since they will be doing crit, crit, crit, normal, normal, crit, crit to us, while we do *****, *****,*****, normal, *****,*****,*****, crit (assuming a doc is alive to keep us alive that long.

A couple suggestions I've seen:
    -Give exp bonus (that does jack to level 200s and also takes away from our sweat and labor to reach 200 while others get the ability to get there much easier). Give us 10 more levels then dammit!
    -Give a perception buff (that nerfs agents ability to conceal, you already give everyone a 140-ish buff to conceal to everyone, now you want to give everyone the ability to see us?)
    -IPr points: 2 isn't freaking enough (gimme at least 8 if not total IP
    R)
    -blah, blah, blah, the list goes on and on

You guys are freaking idiots. If your nerf goes through, I'll quit again and won't come back. Are we on beta 6? When do we get our refunds?

If you do nerf the scope, please do 1 thing. Please remember this moment when SWG or AC2, or Shadowbane come out...AND do not be surprised when 90% of your playerbase leaves and you find yourselves in the unemployment lines in Norway (or whatever they have there).

I'll be playing SWG, AC2, Lineage 2, Shadowbane Betas for free (oh!, what a concept) and deleting AO beta 6 from my hard drive.

The only thing that AO has proven is that the whining minority always win. Its the politics of greed in a game (how novel).

Ellph
    Last edited by Ellph; Oct 1st, 2002 at 22:40:20.

Originally posted by Bodysnatch
    Cz please talk to the devs or whoever made this decision why you guys broke your promise? =>

14.2 Patch notes, Item changes =>

New version of low light targeting scope has been made. The new one has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...

Well it states that you wouldn't nerf the old ones now would you?

If this ends in a big nerf for the old scopes Fc, say bye bye to a whole lot of core players har har ... It'll be the end of your own game if u persist in this nerf!

hmmm... your making things up... it never says the old one won't change... it only says to treasure the ones you have.... and CZ's stance on this is that they are going to try to change it to help keep it's value and usefulness

why why why?

Why don't you ask your customers what they want first? Instead of saying its gonna happen and asking our opinions?

You are ruining many things doing this. You are trying to equal out PvP, but you are instead ruining PvM. Your PvP will never be equal, so stop trying to compensate.

Why must you always nerf all good things in this game? Why don't you come up with new items for crits instead of nerfing items people already have and spent a lot of time/money/effort acquiring? Is it that you are too lazy to come up with new items and would rather nerf old ones? Or is it that if you make new items no one will ever be able to find them in game? Or is it that it will take 4 patches for the new items you create to work properly?

Sad to see this game nerf items rather than make CONTENT and FIX problems in this game. Make the customers HAPPY for once...

Originally posted by BoltGrinder
    Ok, idea.

You go ahead and do you nerf (bastards) but atleast put in some new weapons that are acctually useful without a significant crit buff. Weapons that can put out damage compairable to most of what people use are few and far between.

I mean do you ever wonder why theres only 10-15 weapons used at high lvls by everyone? Because everything else is complete crap!

We wouldnt need crits if you could give us some more diverse weapons.

Also, whats gonna happen with all these new bosses running around, even with 1258 attack rating the only thing i can land on the new Mobs at the Ace camp are crits.
    that appears to be the plan.. if you look at the

MTI martins
    Blood Bat
    EoT
    Norphex
    Diamondine Kick Pistol

I'm sure there will be more to follow... but they will have to either get these in game soon and add some more that drop a little less regularly

Re: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Originally posted by Cz
    We're going to nerf the critical chance bonus on the old Low Light Targeting Scope to be equal to the Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer.

We're looking into adding other bonuses to the Low Light Targeting Scope, to ensure that it stays as valuable as it is now. Suggestions for this is appreciated, and will be brought to the designers.

Open thread. Feel free to discuss.

---
    Edit:

This thread is more or less discussion only now. Post suggestions - and suggestions only - in this thread.

I'll stay updated on both.
    Can you please make mine 1% crit.....
    also....please put: Add All Def 10001

thanks....looking forward to this nerf. (as long as it got the changes I asked for *cough*)
    -------------------------
    Toorgs - Enf
    Reroll2002 - Adv
    +++

weapons

Once again....if you add new weapons that don't need such a crit I need more ipr to change my weapons b/c FC didn't inform us this was gonna happen.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast