Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Re: I wont say the GAME

Originally posted by LittleTotem
    But open beta is nov 2
    SUPER!!

Now I know exactly when to sell off all my rares to people. Novemeber will be a big month in the trading forum for sales.

I'll post a nice note when I'm leaving on how I exactly feel about 1 year of watching my characters get nerfed.

Get screen shots. It will be priceless.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

If you change the rules, let us change our design!!!

please GIVE US TWO MORE IPr POINTS!

original author of Helpbot

Re: Re: I wont say the GAME

Originally posted by Elbo

SUPER!!

Now I know exactly when to sell off all my rares to people. Novemeber will be a big month in the trading forum for sales.

I'll post a nice note when I'm leaving on how I exactly feel about 1 year of watching my characters get nerfed.

Get screen shots. It will be priceless.
    Elbo help, will "littletotem" be a bad name for SWG?

If you are going to nerf the scopes... you have to keep their value.. give them a better crit chance than the new ones.. like 2 % more than the new one.. and give the scope a MAJOR advantage in ranged int.... Like 400 min I think this would be the only thing that would be sorta fair.. and perhaps a recharge increase rate... ( like 1/4 the usual rechage time)

CZ honestly.. why is FC nerfing these things.. with mobs hitting / getting crits even more so now... I think critical increase items should be left alone or added back into the game.. to pseudo level the playing field...

Also.. They should give us some more IPR points.. personally I have 3 left.. and i'm lvl 157 I really don't think its fair that I equiped a QL 140 old school LLTS and now.. its going to be nerfed..

nah

nah LT that will be a fine name for SWG which will be a MUCH better game

btw I am gonna be a combat medic named Valroshe so gimme a tell when you get in
    Valroshe: 213 Trader Clan

Spdbuff : 130 Fixer Clan

Pround member of Arcane Circle

My type is:AES
    Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Re: nah

Originally posted by Valroshe
    nah LT that will be a fine name for SWG which will be a MUCH better game

btw I am gonna be a combat medic named Valroshe so gimme a tell when you get in
    I will send you a tell Valroshe in SWG..

Till then:
    /me runs from more NERFS
    /s Funcom is coming RUN!

short as I can:

- anything that some players have,
    should be possible for other players to get.
    items should be either ingame/dropping or not.

- you cannot add IPR points to them,
    even tho I agree in concept, because they will get duped
    (duping is never gone) and then people have infinite IPRs.
    It'll be IP rings all over again.

- my biggest problem with the original nerf was that
    the professions that generally use shotguns (crit dependant),
    traders and often engies, want to raise WS/EE, not perception.
    Keep the old LLTS with ww/ee reqs and make sure new scopes
    (or the old revised ones) drop again with ww/ee reqs.

- weapons are weapons are weapons
    ranged or melee doesnt matter at all.
    enforcers have just as much right to use scopes as soldiers.
    it's all about x-x(x) and nothing more.

now re: suggestions

1) keep old scopes at 15% and make new QL400 VEs drop.
    then increase the init penalty on both.
    -800 init is not enough of a penalty for gauranteed +15 crit
    on top of your natural +3 and then MA buffs etc
    I would suggest -1200 for +15.

everything should come down to wieghing pros and cons.
    the sum of all reasons to use an item should be equally
    balanced with reasons not to use an item.
    hard choices = balance
    obvious uber choices = clone characters

if you're dead set on nerfing the +crit,
    and you will not ever let >QL250 VEs drop,

-make the old LLTSs +8 at QL200 just like 250 VEs
    with the same init penalty as 250 VEs
    but keep the WW/EE reqs so players have options on
    where to spend thier IP.

-then add a +8% XP bonus to every single old LLTS regardless of QL.
    leveling takes way way way too long and those most sick of it
    are the older players who have already done thousands of
    missions. (and tend to have the most old LLTSs.)

-now make NEW versions of the revised LLTS
    with the same WW/EE reqs and same init penalty
    but without the XP bonus'
    and make these ones start dropping again to everyone.

Thumbs down A litle tale

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... there was a litle engineer that was tired of hack and slash, so he finaly saw AO and epic adventure with tons of story and places to go, he bought it and since then PAYs a fee each month to play.

This litle eng, never wanted to be anything else nomather the probelms that his profession had, he trusted since the begining on a company, fairly unknow to gamers, he waited for the initial server problems, the bad custon serviçe, and gm or ark help barely working in teh early days...

He got stuck in a store for 2 days, at athen, couldnt leave, was it a prision of some sort?
    He saw with tear in her eyes, how a company can selfdestroy by going live a patch FULL of BUGS of everykind on a FRIDAY! that ruined a weekend of gameplay completly...
    Medusas nerf? who remembers? the only outdfoor spot to lvl 120~150 hunt.
    He heard promisses, and more promisses, more outdoor hunting, more items, and EVENTS, he finaly gave up from waiting for them and quited for 4 months.

then he saw new patch TEAM missions, tokens to everyone! time to come back!!!!
    Team missions with bosses! cool, but after 3 mission WTF is the loot always the same?!? yes sadly is...
    And a variety of other bad things that happened, if i talk about them all it all this post would be too big...

I m an old school player, already got 2 guild that entered in oblivion, changed guild to try to play more, and have more fun..
    But got realy tired of loosing friends.
    And finaly they came with this nerf LLTS, to me is the end, what is the advantage os paying for the game for 1 year and 2 months?
    Since all the old and good stuff are taken out of the game or nerfed?

I m quiting, will install pacman, a game a lot better, bad textures but, wtf i dont see textures at AO too, everything i do is see an ugly dragon, tir city and BS missions, nothing else has any purpose of been there. in fact u should get a lower fee to players that only want to see BS and tir city to get missions.

This company wont stop nerfing stuff, one of yours most wanted item will be nerfed, to "balance the game" *¨(¨&%(&¨(*%(. there is no balance and never will be, u want an eng to kill an enforcel LOL u r nuts, but one of the slighest advantage that the litle eng has were the scopes.

If i saw that funcon were more worryed about crating more content instead of nerfing items and looking for an unnreachable balance i might stick, but that wont happen.

CZ u have no reason to do so, nor even try to explain the reasons for the nerf, to all that r goign to stick GET USED to it or quit, MMORGS better then this are already lauching, so make a research u will find better stuff then this.

Adriela Age
    Leaving this bugged and crappy game.

The sad thing is Critical chance is one thing in this game that makes or breaks you.. I don't think its fair to leave certain professions * cough* agents and MA's with a great critical increase that is self only.. and remove the crit enhancers from the rest of us... its unfair.. remove the MA's crit buffs then too.. if you are going to nerf nerf nerf items that help people out in the game.. then make it fair for everyone.. as it stands MAs are the best profession to play.. they crit all the time.. they hit fast and hard..

Please make these nerfed scopes worthwhile like a big recharge rate.. maybe even a total ranged weapons buff.. like 50-100 points to all weapon skills and a ranged int bonus.

How about 100+ in Nanoresist?

1 profession that will benefit from this specially, is the NTs.
    They dont need crit anyway on their nanodmg.

Yeah, I know, most NTs use guns too, but they will also benefit from nanoresist.

And another thing:
    How about giving opifex breed (and atrox) some good items?

All good items are either nanomage or solitus.
    -Prof Jones Vest
    -Shades of Luc
    -Modified agg enhancer
    -circuit of brawl

Or, can U pls show me 1 good item for opifex?

Or havent u heard? Opifex breed sucks.
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Here's a suggestion for adding value to this nerf. Give every player that has one of these scopes one month free AO for every % point getting nerfed off of them. That may help to make up for the time and effort they spent to get them of the credits to buy them.

Not that I really expect FC designers to have ANY concern for the feelings of any players not crying for a nerf of some kind. Sometimes I think FC has replaced the Clan/Omni conflict with Players/Designers with the designers seeing how fast they can make players quit in disgust.

Originally posted by oXiDe
    as it stands MAs are the best profession to play.. they crit all the time.. they hit fast and hard..

Correct, that is why U see so many MAs that are apprentice or higher in this game. On RK2, I know 2 mas that are or have been apps, never seen a MA novice.

If U nerf MAs crit, what do we have left? NADA

So pls....
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Re: Re: Re: I wont say the GAME

Originally posted by LittleTotem

Elbo help, will "littletotem" be a bad name for SWG?
    Nope. Obitotem would do well. or Darthtotem or Jabadatotem

1 year of this and I'm so out of here it isnt even funny. Sad part is I just got my 2nd pppe. :-( Now I'll have to put it on sale when SWG comes out and man I'm history.

HISTORY.

I think : (suggestion since thats what this thread is for.) Funcom would best spend its efforts making the 3 pet classes WANT to use there pets at 135+. Except for bosses and specials (dragon/outside bosses like legchopper etc) we don't use our pets.

Why not fix 1/3 of our game instead?
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

This is just crazy. If my memory is right this will be the second time the LLTS(s) will have the % crit increase nerfed. The first time was way back in 11.x or 12.x. I remember my QL 40 something LLTS having a 11% increase (that is if my memory is right so many things have changed). Now they want to nerf them again. I wish someone over there would realize that nerfing=bad, pumping up the people that are weaker=better than nerfing.

I don't think anyone will get Funcom to leave the LLTS the way it is now so I am putting in my 2 cents as to what should be done.

1)I don't think just putting the QL 400 VEs in the game will help at all. They want to keep the LLTS a highly prized item. IMO the VEs are better than the LLTS at the same % crit increase.
    Ex. a QL 200 ELLTS
    Requirements:
    electrical eng >= 801
    weapon smithing >= 651

Effects:
    change vision
    modify self aimed shot 300
    modify self critical chance 15
    modify self melee init -800
    modify self physical init -800
    modify self ranged init -800
    modify self weapon range 45

A QL 400 VE
    Requirements:
    perception >= 1501

Effects:
    modify self aimed shot 600
    modify self critical chance 15
    modify self melee init -800
    modify self physical init -800
    modify self ranged init -800
    modify self weapon range 80

The QL 400 VE has better advantages and the same disadvantages. I know most people might not use AS but for those that do it will only make them more powerful and the VE a better item than the ELLTS. Plus you can buff perception by what 800+?

2)Just giving each person who has a LLTS 1 mil per QL of LLTS is not a good idea either. The economy is already messed up and now you want to give people some people up to 200mil? Makes no sense to me. I have a QL 40something LLTS that I bought in the shop for about 1k a long time ago. So now you want to give me 40 mil? I don't like that idea(well don't get me wrong I like free money but this will only cause further problems).

3)The only thing that I think will be good is adding to ranged skills (rifle, assult rifle, etc). It would have to add a lot in order to make them as wanted as they are today. Maybe even add to ranged evade.

Sorry if I missed something important or someone already posted something exactly like this post (I don't have time to read 17+(?) pages of posts). Also sorry for the poor english skills that I have. You have to forgive me I'm only an American

Barakus

Yes, nerfing ELLTS's sux economy wise, i spent nearly 500mil on two different scopes. But, I am an MA, i will survive, if there is compensation. Here is my thought:

Several people have suggested offering us 2 IPR points to gain the IP we spent on someithng many will not use anymore. Others have mentioned that certain weapons will become useless without their high crit chances. I agree with both of these ideas. Because of that, some players may want to choose alternative wpn strategies, but may also lack the IP to do so.

I suggest an additional 1 time Full IPR

This will allow those who have based their whole characters simply on their ability to crit, to addapt to this new change, keeping a useful, playable character

Just my thoughts - LS
    Littleslayar "LS" - lvl 195 Gimp - Proud to Self Cast FFoK and UVC at lvl 162 Before Notum Wars.

Check here for help on How to Self Cast FFoK/UVC Pre 190

Freshman Ian "FrostGigas" Warr - lvl 167 Blade Trox

The Shark Ethic: Eat the Wounded, Kill the Gimped

Re: Re: Re: Re: I wont say the GAME

Originally posted by Elbo

Obitotem
    PERFECT.. thx

Re: A litle tale

Originally posted by Marc
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... there was a litle engineer that was tired of hack and slash, so he finaly saw AO and epic adventure with tons of story and places to go, he bought it and since then PAYs a fee each month to play.

This litle eng, never wanted to be anything else nomather the probelms that his profession had, he trusted since the begining on a company, fairly unknow to gamers, he waited for the initial server problems, the bad custon serviçe, and gm or ark help barely working in teh early days...

He got stuck in a store for 2 days, at athen, couldnt leave, was it a prision of some sort?
    He saw with tear in her eyes, how a company can selfdestroy by going live a patch FULL of BUGS of everykind on a FRIDAY! that ruined a weekend of gameplay completly...
    Medusas nerf? who remembers? the only outdfoor spot to lvl 120~150 hunt.
    He heard promisses, and more promisses, more outdoor hunting, more items, and EVENTS, he finaly gave up from waiting for them and quited for 4 months.

then he saw new patch TEAM missions, tokens to everyone! time to come back!!!!
    Team missions with bosses! cool, but after 3 mission WTF is the loot always the same?!? yes sadly is...
    And a variety of other bad things that happened, if i talk about them all it all this post would be too big...

I m an old school player, already got 2 guild that entered in oblivion, changed guild to try to play more, and have more fun..
    But got realy tired of loosing friends.
    And finaly they came with this nerf LLTS, to me is the end, what is the advantage os paying for the game for 1 year and 2 months?
    Since all the old and good stuff are taken out of the game or nerfed?

I m quiting, will install pacman, a game a lot better, bad textures but, wtf i dont see textures at AO too, everything i do is see an ugly dragon, tir city and BS missions, nothing else has any purpose of been there. in fact u should get a lower fee to players that only want to see BS and tir city to get missions.

This company wont stop nerfing stuff, one of yours most wanted item will be nerfed, to "balance the game" *¨(¨&%(&¨(*%(. there is no balance and never will be, u want an eng to kill an enforcel LOL u r nuts, but one of the slighest advantage that the litle eng has were the scopes.

If i saw that funcon were more worryed about crating more content instead of nerfing items and looking for an unnreachable balance i might stick, but that wont happen.

CZ u have no reason to do so, nor even try to explain the reasons for the nerf, to all that r goign to stick GET USED to it or quit, MMORGS better then this are already lauching, so make a research u will find better stuff then this.

Adriela Age
    Leaving this bugged and crappy game.
    Jeez, though all the posts I still held my stance on the fact that it was the right thing to do to nerf them.

But for some reason this post made me think twice. I have an 8% VE and an 199 Ithaca and I'm doing fine. The hell, I do fine iin Pvp as well.

So screw it, leave the scopes alone. I don't like hearing stories like this and them being there haven't hurt me in pvp or pvm.

Sorry Noer and Rznr and whoever, you guys obviously care about the scopes a lot more then i don't care about them.

Angry It does not matter anyway!!

Look when the oe nerf came we fought it.
    Funcom still did the oe patch so they will nerf low lights.

My personal feelings are that funcom is running the old players out of the game and working to bring in a freash player base.

Re: Possible Suggestions

Originally posted by Abunari
    [4) 2 IPR per character to reset WS/EE (since the new scopes aren't worth the IP); or
    [/B]
    This should be done IN ADDITION TO any other suggestions...
    So that those of us who do use the old LLTS can actually have the choice of continuing on with the LLTS or removing the WS/EE and using the new scopes.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Originally posted by Conqueso
    Just make it so an MA cannot use a scope .. i don't see many karate people in my life running around with a scope on their arm.
    So this is turning into a Nerf-the-High-lvl-Ma's-with-those-rare expensive-scopes-thread?

I've seen a lot more of those posts in this thread, all about leaving the scopes as they are but nerfing the phys/melee inits on it majorly so Ma's can't use it.

Btw,

With a ql 170+ ellts scope, u make a big sacrifice as an MA;
    You make your inits soooo low, that to fight on full speed, u need to be full agg, which means your evades are not worth mentioning, which also means you are more vulnerable to a higher attack rating. The scope is a big trade-off for the MA, we choose more dmg output instead of less dmg taking and evading, hence you are vulnerable in pvp...

Also talking of Ma's with ranged weaponry using scopes;
    We can't get a high Attackrating, which means anyone with decent evades can 100% block our attacks... I've tested and tried this in pvp.

Last thing I would like to mention is that we worked hard to obtain one, just like every other class, it has cost us a lot of money too. FC has also promised us in this thread that the old scopes should be just as valuable as they're now, after having broken their promise earlier in the 14.2 patch notes...(go look em up check 14.2 patch notes, item changes, new scope....;"Treasure the ones already in the game...")

If you want to balance this scope, fine, go ahead, I disagree with it, but since you guys have a past of just doing what u wanna do, regardless of our arguments or reactions, I can't do much about it. But I do expect the scopes to be nerfed for every class in the same way... dont' make this a HATE THE MA thread okay...

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast