Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Talking GREAT NEWS

If funcom stays true to there current activities then this nerf will arrive in bout 3 months..
    WE HOPE

By then more games will be out , so with that in mind , gohead and NERF !

Re: GREAT NEWS

Originally posted by LittleTotem
    If funcom stays true to there current activities then this nerf will arrive in bout 3 months..
    WE HOPE

By then more games will be out , so with that in mind , gohead and NERF !
    I hope the nerf coincides with the release of SWG. I'd planned on staying for the booster pack, but with the current outlook I guess not.
    Don Jinxster Juan - Solitus Trader - Omni RK1

Nolan Necrogar Danczak - Opifex Martial Artist - Omni RK1

// TODO: Put some funny line here

Scope Nerf and Ranged Init changes

Cz, if you're going to nerf the scopes then you should take into account the init changes to weapon recharge I recall will be implemented in the future.

Scopes have only been useful on a few weapons, low attack time/any recharge since the debuff never affected recharge.

If you change how inits affect recharge, then the old LLTS will be valuable if there is no init penalty on them. Fast weps will use VE's, LLTS's will be used on slow weps like a Manex, CHS or MCS.

Bump littletotem

There will be new mmorpg in the coming month so i think funcom just have the best idea to make angry all their old players who begins to be bored with this game.

This nerf will be the last hit for us

Lachaude doc 151 rk2
    Labonne eng 133 rk2
    labrutte enf 125 rk2
    letruand trad 93 rk2
    and many more

Re: Re: GREAT NEWS

Originally posted by Jinx

I hope the nerf coincides with the release of SWG. I'd planned on staying for the booster pack, but with the current outlook I guess not.
    I'm with ya man.
    I just don't know if the name "littletotem" would work in SWG?

I wont say the GAME

But open beta is nov 2

Thumbs down

The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...

Quit tinkering and leave us alone.

Dilettantes.

*wonders if FC actually reads these posts and uses the ideas or just bypasses them and do what they want w/o listening to their customers like they enjoy doing*

How about yall just be a pal for once and dont touch them? '

Right now my 15% is the only thing letting me crank out compairable damage, and the only reason i use pipe/alloy.

Now if you fook around with the scopes i know alot of enforcers that are goin right back to beams. IE: Your still not diversifying how everyone looks, your making it worse out of nessecity.

Dont Fook with em!
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

If you change the crit I need some more IPR to change weapons and reset EE and WS b/c I wasn't expecting this and I would need to change weapons that doesn't rely on crit. Make weapons that rely on crit, then take crit away...nice...

It's unfortunate that when funcom asks our opinions about a certain thing, they usually go and do the very thing that everyone says is a bad idea.

Show me up funcom, please leave these alone. There is no point in having anything special in this game if you keep listening to people complain because they can't have one.

Originally posted by Cz

We're looking into adding other bonuses to the Low Light Targeting Scope, to ensure that it stays as valuable as it is now.

I got suggested in IRC that if we're going to nerf the scopes, make them available in-game again. What's everybody's thoughts on that?
    Making them available in-game again will not keep them as valuable as they are now, especially when the crit % is lowered. You would have to make some hefty stat mods to the old scopes to keep them valuable.

I liked the suggestions of lowering the init drawback from the old scopes while also possibly adding an xp% increase. That way, the lvl 200 characters with an old ELLTS would still be able to get some of the benifits from the scope (since they don't need xp anymore).

Also, possibly making the old scopes add a lot more AS than they do now. Sadly, I just equipped a 10% ELLTS last night (I had been wearing a QL250 VE prior, 8%). Guess I'll be going back to the VE, unless the mod changes to the ELLTS are extreme to make up for the huge crit nerf.

I guess everybody knew in the back of their minds that this was a very real possibility. They just never expected Funcom to go back on their word and nerf them. Hurray for nerf criers.

--Tsk

Remember u guys want to take the crit away from MA's since they have crit buffs and change it to -1000 to melee and phy init, well remember those enforcers who don't have crit buffs what u will be doing to them aswell.

Also most if not all use an ithica and can be a very good gun with my 15% scope. remember doctors don't get any green skills when it comes to weapons, or yeah i forgot we aren't suppose to have a weapon , not suppose to solo either i guess since our dots suck and even at 200 u can't even use your highest debuff. so now if u want to change the llts crit then i want a green shottie, fling and aimed shot skill so i have more ips to put some where else and also want a better ranged int. that way we can solo more or even hold our own. untill then u won't have my support if u nerf this.

I have been in this game way to long to even deal with all this nerfing. maybe u should consider fixing each class and making them better and more balanced before destroying all and even loosing all your customers but to be honest i will say i told u so when that day finial comes when there is no more AO.

Antdeath
    200 doctor

Chungleet
    150 MA

Talking thats right LT

It is a well known fact that a high % of the player base is just sitting here in AO wasting time away with the community just until SWG comes out then we are SO GONE !! and can never have to look at another FC thing again thank gawd. Pls tell me it is SWG open beta you are referring to pls pls pls
    Valroshe: 213 Trader Clan

Spdbuff : 130 Fixer Clan

Pround member of Arcane Circle

My type is:AES
    Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

Originally posted by Sheffy
    Guess I'll be going back to the VE, unless the mod changes to the ELLTS are extreme to make up for the huge crit nerf.
    That's exactly what this thread was intended for. The crit is going. What do you want in return ?

hehe,

Just make it so an MA cannot use a scope .. i don't see many karate people in my life running around with a scope on their arm.

Make the scope for ranged weapons only. I'd also suggest leaving the crit % ...and doubling the inits ..so instead of -800 inits..make it have -1600...I mean comon..if your shooting with that accuracy..you can't be shooting 1sec/1sec

--Thats my opinion whats yours ?
    Cheeze
    Advisor of Arcane Legacy

Smile Re: thats right LT

Originally posted by Valroshe
    Pls tell me it is SWG open beta you are referring to pls pls pls
    LOL, i can not confirm nor deny that fact.

May the force be with you.

1/ Wait for all professions to be balanced before doing any changes on LLTS.
    2/ Make the ql 400 TSVE available.
    3/ Don't nerf the crit bonus on LLTS, but make it usable with ranged weapon only, like it's supposed to be (I guess)... also give maluses when the target is near the LLTS user (exemple: if target is in 1-10m range, give an attack ratting malus, or remove the crit bonus).
    4/ Make new weapons, good even without high crit chance!
    5/ Give us a total IPR, as you should do after every big changes.

But you can do anything, players will still be angry. The error is not to nerf the LLTS now, it was to make them not dropped anymore.
    If you nerf LLTS, players who actually have LLTS will be angry.
    If you make it droppable again, players who paid millions for them will be angry.
    If you don't do anything, I'm angry, like some other players I guess, because I gave away lots of LLTS before the patch that made they rare, it's like I lost hundreds of millions.

Originally posted by reality

That's exactly what this thread was intended for. The crit is going. What do you want in return ?
    I think I named 3 changes I would like to see on the old scopes now that crit is going

--Tsk

I think the change to scopes was a bad idea in the first place but to come along and do this behind the reflect nerf is just too much, IMHO...

If this is being considered because of the MA and Agent crit buffs stacked with a scope is "too" overpowering as Noer points out then perhaps you should just make those buffs not stack with the scope instead of changing it...

Just my two credits...
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast