Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

heh typical

how long you been playing a month maybe 2?
    Valroshe: 213 Trader Clan

Spdbuff : 130 Fixer Clan

Pround member of Arcane Circle

My type is:AES
    Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 26%

lord jammer in the suggestion thread:
    -
    said make the weapon and special skills exchangeable via tradeskills pistol etc too.

why should a SCOPE effect your maxhealth, NR or nano cost ?
    I want to see THAT item description !

"err Izgimmer enhanced this ... errr.... thing ... err .... somhow ........ and now its lowering your nanocost !"
    -
    answering here:

why shouldnt it. we think mainly about ideas to make it still worth and valuable. that are listed possibilities, not a "make it so" (as you can imagine im not in the position to say that, and would rather wish it wouldnt get altered at all) you live in a fantasy future game where rings add to max health as well as head skinchips and other stuff. its really not interesting what is written in the item description, as you will hunt the item down no matter what is his description if its a good item. so please dont come me with "logic" in that game environement, or go through your inventory and look what items buff your ability/skills etc and think your postings over

/niraxtc
    lost chapter fixer
    Last edited by Niraxtc; Oct 1st, 2002 at 15:33:03.

You paid 150+ million credits for your scope? Big deal. Look at all the people who bought up the old Arul Saba gems that became worthless with this patch. Look at all the people who have lost countless millions of credits worth of goods in server crashes or other bugs... They got no lovin', why should you?

It took Funcom a long time to get it into thier heads that this should have been done. All it took was one +15% scope, Ithaca wielding Martial Artist to convince me that Funcom made a big mistake... Now, Funcom needs to remove the MA self-only crit buffs to put us all on the same page.

Cz, don't add anything to the old scopes. These things are just another thing that has had a huge negative influence on the game's economy. Nerf Grid Armor and Nullity drops and institute some quests for these items to help drag the economy back to normal.

It's not called whining, it's called Game Balance.

~Hoopspro

Qustion to Cz

Cz, is there any chance that you guys would either remove the llts completly or make them available again?

If you make them avail again (maybe with a higher psy init debuff effect) but same critmod everyone would be happy.

If you remove the old ones, alot of oldtimers would get angry, but the game would be balanced and fair for newcommers.

remove - to inits

The only way to nurf the scope and presorve the value of it is to remove the - inits from the old scope. I tryed to come up with few things and this is the most logical one.

Angry My suggestion

Hey!

First of all I must say I got very upset when I read your post, Cz. Ive bought a high old scope myself for hard earned money, thinking it was an investment in a good damagedealing item.

Now we all know crits are everything in this game (when it comes to battles) you can miss, miss, miss, 12, miss, miss, 55, 34, miss, miss, crit for 2600, miss, miss, miss etc ... on a high lvl boss (or Primus).

If you are so determined to nerf the scopes please give the scopes some other way of dealing damage, like adding to AMS. And add enough of it, not like +20. +200 at least for a 15% scope to compensate. Maybe we will start hitting Jack again too

Again I must say I dont like this one bit
    Oh and I also think LLTS shouldnt work on melee weapons etc.

--Phelsior
    President,
    Ancarim Iron Legion

If you change LLTS's please give us two more IPR points.

If you change the rules on us like this, after wasting IP in two skills to put on the LLTS's, please let us errase our two skills so that we can re-design our characters based on the new rules

if nerfing LLTS, give us 2 more IPr points

ty
    Last edited by Beaker; Oct 1st, 2002 at 15:41:13.

Well..back to RL...

..things to do. Do what u want Cz. I guess u do so the one way or the other.

When do we get a patchnote 14.6?
    When do the soldier get theire stuff promised the 14.May 2002?http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=31016
    When do I simply quit?

Aimabel - Soldier RK2

*Sigh*. Well there goes my Ithaca.....

/me throws it on the ground and stomps on it.

I figured this would happen :/

But why don't you nerf MA's while your at it then? If they cast UVC on themselves, don't allow them to equip any LLTS or VE then.

Or make UVC/Mark of Peril Line Melee only, and LLTS/Take The Shot Ranged only....

Wouldn't that balance it out a little more?
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

=(

well first of all i understand the thinking.
    Noobs SHOULD have the same chance of accuiering ? items as previous gamers...not more than fair imop. However, then you should change alot of things if you do this. Make everyone get the backpack, make tara drop EOT more often ( if at all! ) and so forth...

nerfing the old scopes is in my opinion a Bad solution...MAs and their Crits are awesome..since in pvp many uses a flashpoint or similar...so i guess we would be seeing ANOTHER upswing of MAs in the world.

I really dont see the need for this nerf thou...the new scopes arent that bad if you get a high lvl one, sure the init is horrid but its the only chance of gettging that special "edge"

The old scopes should be left as they are..and yes i dont have a xllts. I have a low ql llts with a like 3% chance...better than much i agree..but still..
    is the pvp or pvm so unbalanced that you NEED this change??
    if yer gonna nerf something then pick on something else!
    and fix the trader heals!
    "user pays by this by SLOWLY loosing SMALL amounts of life".
    lol what a joke ( sorry off topic )

anyways...leave llts as they are and have them unique and nodrop if you are so hell bent on makin them crappy

Re: =(

Originally posted by Zardukar
    well first of all i understand the thinking.
    Noobs SHOULD have the same chance of accuiering ? items as previous gamers...not more than fair imop. However, then you should change alot of things if you do this. Make everyone get the backpack, make tara drop EOT more often ( if at all! ) and so forth...

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with that.

Many good items ARE available to new AO users. Why shouldn't people who have put a lot of time into this game and have acquired friends (yes this is an IMPORTANT PART OF THIS GAME), skills, etc. be rewarded with more unique items?

I worked hard and got my money/items which I used to purchase my LLTS. Why shouldn't I have an advantage over a "n00b"? I've put my hard work and time into getting items and money so I could afford it.

If everyone could have a 15% LLTS readily available, what's the point of it even being there in the first place. Yay, now everyone can crit. Basically, it defeats the purpose of having a uber item in the first place.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

If you change the rules, let us change our design!!!

GIVE US TWO MORE IPr POINTS!

please

original author of Helpbot

Originally posted by Rznr
    How bout putting the QL400 VEs in the game.. would that make the whiners happy?

I'm thinking most of you are thinking one-dimensionally... although it may be unbalancing in PvP... I think it is getting nerfed for being unbalancing in PvM.... if it is unbalancing in PvM and they need to balance it, then the only way to do that is to reduce the impact of the unbalancing traits of it, because if they increased the mobs abilities to be tough opponents to a LLS then those without would pay the price of not being able to level.

My opinion is that this could be good for the game. Unfortunately the 7 scopes I have become of little value. I like the idea of having a Funcom Representive in game.. say one in Omni-Ent and one in Tir and one in newland... give them official titles... and make it a part of the storyline... ICC announces a buyback of all defective Low-Light Scopes! scale the price on the based on the crit chance.... 1-15% where you scale the prices from 5mil to 200mil (choose your price here) and make it a 1 time choice and to be done on a certain day or over a certain time frame.... then adjust the scopes and add them back to the loot pool in the next patch. This way, those that spent all their money on one doesn't get killed... and those that still want one can have one too... There are however two problems with this.. it floods the economy with money... and a 1% scope is not really linearly similar to a 15% scope... this would essentially make an 8% scope worth 100mil... which is way high for that... there probably is no good way to do a buyback... so the scopes should be given a few xtra mods.

now in terms of a new version I'd like to see this, whether it is bought up or not... I never understood why the Elec Eng/WS one was removed from the game in the sense that it was an advantage of Engies who generally had these skills upped already.

How about LLS a scope that looks like this:

Name Extreme Low Light Targeting Scope
    Description This Low Light Targeting Scope not only adds a nice bonus to your range, it also adds a bonus to your chance of hitting a vital part when you shoot. NOTE: Using this requires you to use more time for each shot, and thus increasing chances of getting a critical. It works at close quarters too, but is not recommended.
    Flags [FLAG00] [FLAG01]
    Patch 11.00
    Icon
    Type weapon
    Slot hud 3
    QL 200
    Value 750000
    Requirements electrical eng >= 801
    weapon smithing >= 651

Effects
    change vision
    modify self aimed shot 250
    modify self critical chance 8
    modify self melee init -500
    modify self physical init -400
    modify self ranged init -400
    modify self weapon range 45
    modify self Add All off 10
    modify self Add All def 10
    modify self all damage types +10

Why not just delete all professions except MAs ?

At this time WITH the old scopes (insane to ever remove them +remove MA crit buff at the same time) MAs deal around double the damage over time than any other profession.

With more crit nerfs, no use playing anything but MA.
    Yes, MAs can use guns and still deal double the damage than a soldier with the same gun right now.

Why don't you answer to the fact that MAs are already the uber class in PvM ? Around double damage compared to most classes, doesnt matter to you ? Every high level player knows this as fact, and you plan to make the gap even bigger ? Why ?

This unbalances AO even more, actual balance would be to bring back the old LLTS, make them Long range weapon only, and make UVC Fist/MA weapon only and make some crit buff items for melee weapons too, profession based (enforcer/adv).

Whatever, proposing this insanity in the first place shows clearly that either you don't know your game at all, or you are on a weird power trip to force everyone to play a MA and nothing else.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Originally posted by Hoops
    ... Now, Funcom needs to remove the MA self-only crit buffs to put us all on the same page.

It's not called whining, it's called Game Balance.

~Hoopspro

I disagree, you're not supposed to be on the same page as an MA, someone who has trained to strike vital areas with their hands, doing the same damage you do with a high firing glob of plasma or shotgun shells. We're ueber at dmg and finding critical areas, you're not. Live with it. We play a tanking steady dmg class instead of hiding behind one, not you. This is called balance, it's also called delineating a proffession for those that feel a doctor should hit like an enforcer, fly like an MP, create dragon armour like an engie/trader, and solo. HELLO! You're a doctor, get in the back and heal!

Cz, don't add anything to the old scopes. These things are just another thing that has had a huge negative influence on the game's economy. Nerf Grid Armor and Nullity drops and institute some quests for these items to help drag the economy back to normal.

I can definitely agree with this however. Why deny anyone a desire for tradeskills by making desired items to be made drop every third tuesday on a full moon to a lvl 200 NT area nuking lvl 90 mobs in a camp for 6 weeks straight with no sleep and an addiction to crack?

Because it was easier to make it boss loot then throw it into the mission terminals. *boggle*
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Well How to keep an item worth 300m (yes they have been going for that latley) and nerf its most desirable atribute, well.

ql200 LLTS -

modify self aimed shot 400
    modify self critical chance 8
    modify self melee init -400
    modify self nano init -200
    modify self physical init -600
    modify self ranged init -200
    modify self weapon range 15
    modify self exp modifier 5
    modify self chemical damage modifier 20
    modify self cold damage modifier 20
    modify self energy damage modifier 20
    modify self fire damage modifier 20
    modify self melee damage modifier 20
    modify self poison damage modifier 20
    modify self projectile damage modifier 20
    modify self radiation damage modifier 20
    modify self runspeed 250
    modify self alloff 30

This might keep it half as valueble?=p I stress the word half
    Last edited by Quamander; Oct 1st, 2002 at 16:04:17.
    Themakerr --- Quame --- Quamy - Docjeckyl

Proud member of Legion

Themakerr's Trade Skillz!
    "Doing nothing sucks when you have nothing to do" - Quamie

i dont know what level you are but

modify self Add All off 10
    modify self Add All def 10
    modify self all damage types +10

is another way to say "nothing"

and yet another way:
    modify self exp modifier 5
    modify self chemical damage modifier 20
    modify self cold damage modifier 20
    modify self energy damage modifier 20
    modify self fire damage modifier 20
    modify self melee damage modifier 20
    modify self poison damage modifier 20
    modify self projectile damage modifier 20
    modify self radiation damage modifier 20
    modify self runspeed 250
    (btw in your sugestion you nerfed also the range increase. do you actually own one ?

please do some pvp or pvm a boss and let a fixer cast a +27 dmg buff on you. than write down about the difference. if you are above 100 you _will_ be deceptioned.
    the scope was an edge elitist item and it shoudl remain in a way. giving it runspeed and some lousy dmg modifer is like a slap in the face. and about the xp modifier you will be sad when you actually hit the level when the "fun" should really start. at least in daoc most were striving to 50 to actually hardcore pvp. maybe that mentality comes in ao also after booster pack when ppl realize that monsterbashing is actually the way to the goal

/niraxtc
    lost chapter fixer
    Last edited by Niraxtc; Oct 1st, 2002 at 16:02:55.

this is one of those
    The item is so uber-powerful because we as devs messed up, so we will take it out of the game so no one new can get it.

Well if it needed to be taken out of the game, it should be removed for all existing holders of the item.

All that these sort of issue do is create trade wars for no-longer drop items, penalize new customers to the game, and then cause more grief when the devs gat around to actually removing the item even later.
    My husband came home with a tube of KY jelly and said, "This will make you happy tonight!"

He was right. When he went out of the bedroom, I squirted it all over the doorknobs. He couldn't get back in.

Q : What must a woman do when a man is running around in circles?
    A : Reload, adjust the scope, and carry on shooting.

A couple are lying in bed. The man says: "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world"

The woman says : "I will surely miss you"

O i know completly well damage buffs do absolutly nothing. But eh gotta add something to the scope.=p And +20 dmg at any level 50+ makes positivly no difference.=] And for some reason funcom feels that anything above that will way out power something.... uh huh

And you act like I'm some lowbie newb who doesn't know anything. =p Whaz with the flamerz.

Do I own a 14-15%? No I don't and i wouldent be willing to part with everything i got IE 300-400m to get one, But i do believe the crit chance is worth it to some, and there is no real huge reason it should be nerfed, the only problem i see with it is the phys init modifier should be up becuase of MA problems.=] Other then that i see absolutly no reason fer changing it.=/
    And in muh post i did say it MIGHT be worth HALF.. =p the nerf itself is a slap in the face, heh so why exactly did u feel i needed a flame?=]
    Last edited by Quamander; Oct 1st, 2002 at 16:16:02.
    Themakerr --- Quame --- Quamy - Docjeckyl

Proud member of Legion

Themakerr's Trade Skillz!
    "Doing nothing sucks when you have nothing to do" - Quamie

Originally posted by Fistofpaper
    HELLO! You're a doctor, get in the back and heal!
    *to insta summon moron, just add forum*

Anyway, Dura hit this square on the head. I'm convinced FC hasn't thought this through all the way. Although we havn't gotten an explination from them yet I doubt whatever it is will calm the playerbase over.

I can't quite fathom why they would post this in the forum without good reason though. They must have known the whole community would rise up angry about it=/ Unless I'm looking for a speciatly purpose such as tradeskills or.. tradeskills, there's very little reason not to roll a ma at this point.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast