Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Re: funny...

Originally posted by Cyberbob
    Funny of how i heard it was up for discussion earlier on then amongst the devs....
    Please state your source for that, or e-mail it to me, and I'll look into it.

Re: Re: Possible Suggestions

Originally posted by Turin

Didnt you know? FC doesnt WANT you to solo missions. they want to force you to go team with people so that you run into all the rude undesireables on RK, so we can come back here and post about or negative experience's.
    [sarcasm]
    Almost. FC doesn't want you to solo, because it's not a game you're playing 12.95$ a month for, it's group therapy.

Of course I thought it was a game when I paid for it, but no, it's an effort to correct my anti-social tendencies. By forcing me to interact with other players in order to do pretty much everything, FC has saved me from a sad, lonely life.
    [/sarcasm]

--K

Originally posted by Cz

Then give me a suggestion for a change to the old scope, so you wouldn't want to switch to a new one.
    My suggestion is you guys keep your word, for once, and stop screwing the player base over.

Leave the scope like it is.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Let the scopes be as they are! They were in the game for a very long time = there´s LOADS of them out there, so i can´t really see how it unbalance the game..

Just let it be as it is Cz
    moon meeh

Originally posted by Cz

Auto - "/assist" on the team leader? Sounds cool, but afraid that is a big coding task to add to an item.

I got suggested in IRC that if we're going to nerf the scopes, make them available in-game again. What's everybody's thoughts on that?
    I say you just DONT nerf them, and make therm drop again so everyone can get one and they will be happy.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Thumbs up Finally

Although I risk the disapproval from Noer and the other old LLTS owners I'd say:

Took you (way too) long to line this one up. Remember our discussion about consistency, Cz?

/me looks at his 4% scope, that I saved for some rainy days. Good bye, rust will seperate us - sniff.

BUT, compensate for it, and do it good. Some suggestions in this thread sound rather interesting (XP bonus comes to my mind).

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Originally posted by Turin

I say you just DONT nerf them, and make therm drop again so everyone can get one and they will be happy.
    The only reason i don't like this idea is because back when people had higher crit chance with UVC (it was much higher of course) fights often were over in 4-5 hits. Now, fights last a lot longer, and those with ithacas, for example, have to show staying power to see the effect of the crits.

Re: Finally

Originally posted by Maximilian
    Although I risk the disapproval from Noer and the other old LLTS owners I'd say:

Took you (way too) long to line this one up. Remember our discussion about consistency, Cz?

/me looks at his 4% scope, that I saved for some rainy days. Good bye, rust will seperate us - sniff.

BUT, compensate for it, and do it good. Some suggestions in this thread sound rather interesting (XP bonus comes to my mind).

So long,

Max(imilian)
    I also think that those that have them should get those 2 IPR points back.

once more FC shows that if you WHINE!! alot they will listen to you and **** everybody who doesnt whine,, ´gues that learns us that if you want something done just whine and keep whining FC obviosly cant take "group" pressure!!..
    and it doesnt seem like they understand that 2 wrongs doesnt creat a right,,, 2 wrongs are well just 2 fu*king wrongs! how hard is it to understand??? make it right first time.

Enyways WHY does everything in this game have to be easy??? is this game made to please the 5 year olds??? there were atleast 1 item in game that was actualy hard to obtain,, so what if it would become nearly imposible to get one???? who gives a **** exept the ppl that want everything served to them on a silver plate.

it better be a g-damn good mod on the old scope.

Making them drop again would work out but taking them out is a NO NO NO NO NO !!! making even more of the weps in game 100% useless
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

Re: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Originally posted by Cz
    We're going to nerf the critical chance bonus on the old Low Light Targeting Scope to be equal to the Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer.

We're looking into adding other bonuses to the Low Light Targeting Scope, to ensure that it stays as valuable as it is now. Suggestions for this is appreciated, and will be brought to the designers.

Open thread. Feel free to discuss.

---
    Edit:

This thread is more or less discussion only now. Post suggestions - and suggestions only - in this thread.

I'll stay updated on both.
    You know what CZ. I'm close to quiting this game .
    So gohead and make it easy on me.

Ok, u gonna nerf em LLTS. Guess we can`t stop u anywayz, so lets come up with some good ideas. At least it seems that u really gonna give us a chance to participate in deciding how they can maintain better than then new scopes.

1. Remove all - init mod on them, make some + init om them instead

2. Give them some add dmg mods, and i don`t mean crappy ones like u see on buffs, with like +10-20 wich dont make a difference at all. Make the q 200 at least give +100 to all dmg types.

I`m a soldier and like everyone knows we suck pretty bad. The only chance i have to win in pvp is to crit, wich I guess I won`t be doin much anylonger. So now u have no choice FC, u MUST give soldiers the new buffs and weapons u have been promising us for a long time. Guess this LLTS nerf is a good thing for us soldiers, lets hope so..

Jeez, I was looking to buy one of these sometime soon : /

Dunno, drop the crit chance to 8% for a ql200, same as ql250 Vison Enhancer, but halve the init penalty while doubling the aimed shot boost. They'll still retain some of their worth that way for anyone wielding a gun with an aimed shot special.

Don't see why these had to be nerfed, but I spent a lot of time shuddering at the thought of an MA with a ql200 equipped and running UVC while using a high QL Flurry of Blows. Ouch.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Nice of u CZ to remove my posts on the new thread...

Thanks

Re: Nice of u CZ to remove my posts on the new thread...

Originally posted by Aimabel
    Thanks
    They were off topic. Simple as that. They belong in this thread, so feel free to post them here.

Keep them as they are, reduce init penalty and make it not stack with other crit buffs - items.

This might be an indirect nerf but instead of changing what an item does it makes more sense to change how the item interact with other factors that boosts the same abilities.

Weird concept by the way... Nerfing an item whose value FC must have known would skyrocket after it stopped dropping...especially as you took a stand and declared that they would remain ingame. Nice inconsistency there, FC.
    The changes should have been implemented at the same time that the enhancer was introduced. There is no way you will be able to compensate in other areas to keep the price up at the ridiculous levels they are at now.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Off topic to vote for delete LLTS...??

.. if u plan to nerf them??

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=31016

And that thread is important for the soldiers. If u nerf the LLTS. And it was started from a AO-official.

WTT Old LLTS 15 % + Ithaca for Banjo or Pillow

Peace and love , war is ended .

I've got the impression that (almost) every highroller in this game got an LLTS. Is this just by chance or is it because they really make a difference?

I hear (and see on the forum) prizes around 1 mill pr ql.
    This gotta be because they make a difference, prolly not just to have something to flash on the guild chat...eh???

Now, a lot of ppl will not have a chance in a million years to get near one of these scopes (myself included), and these ppl's would still like to have a chance i PvP for instance, so for my sake FC can nerf this scope to hell and back.

Now, off course scope owners need to be compensated in a way:

Make 3 NPC's; 1 in Omni Ent, 1 in Tir and 1 in NLC...call em, let's say: Jack, William and Averell (could put a Joe in Athen or Rome)...call 'em the Scope Collecting Brothers and let 'em pay 1mill pr ql for each scoped traded to 'em. In that way we can get rid of an item that is NOT availble to every player and the unfortunate owners will get a handsome cred infuse for their trouble...

...and yes I do actually mean this
    Traumatizer of Ragnarok.

The second coming.

14.2 patch notes.

New version of low light targeting scope has been made. The new one has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...
    Where in that statement do you manage to read that llts would never be changed??? They did nerf FoB, so the mistake here was to NOT just cut the crit on LLTS there and then.

New version of low light targeting scope has been made. The new one has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game (for now). Treasure the ones already there... (they might dissapear on short notice)
    Thats how I read the patch notes back then.

In a general effort to not have the increased critical chances the only way of success
    Quote from the same patch notes. I guess the effort continues.

hehe your just making MAs even more uber
    and you talk about balance

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast