Page 1 of 24 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

Exclamation Nerfing Low Light Targeting Scope

We're going to nerf the critical chance bonus on the old Low Light Targeting Scope to be equal to the Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer.

We're looking into adding other bonuses to the Low Light Targeting Scope, to ensure that it stays as valuable as it is now. Suggestions for this is appreciated, and will be brought to the designers.

Open thread. Feel free to discuss.

---
    Edit:

This thread is more or less discussion only now. Post suggestions - and suggestions only - in this thread.

I'll stay updated on both.

kinda sad... =/

Unique items are just meant to be that.. Unique.. Heck make it A rare dropp able at bosses instead. They will be worse off then the old scopes and i have already invested in skills in thouse skills that it require. To use a new scope I would have to ipr.. but with what ipr? heh... *sighs*

*add: yea its a whine hehe*
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

omg... my guess is that you will see many angry oldtimers
    Znails

Talking Possible Suggestions

1) add 1 million credits per QL per scope that each character has; or
    2) add a hefty XP bonus that scales with the scope QL; or
    3) reduce the init penalty of the old scopes by a good amount; or
    4) 2 IPR per character to reset WS/EE (since the new scopes aren't worth the IP); or
    5) +2 point to all ranged skills per QL of scope (using 5 QL chunks like the LLTS and ELLTS already does). Having +400 to a ranged skill (ql195-200 scope) isn't going to replace the crit chance, but it will give you 40 more points of dmg (roughly); or
    6) more than one of the above.

Oh, keep in mind that many people spent 100s of millions of credits on these things (some 10 million, others 50 million) b/c they weren't dropping anymore - that's why #1 might want to be included in whatever you include (b/c you're going back on your word again.

But I agree that the scopes should all be the same, on principle. Too bad crits are needed just to get through solo missions at a reason pace.

Abu
    (I guess you can tell that I've had my ql195 scope on for a while)
    Last edited by Abunari; Oct 1st, 2002 at 11:21:00.

Cz,

Why always cater to the whiners? You realize these 14-15% scopes go for 150-250mil credits and doing this will total kill all those players who invested so much hard work to aquire said items.

First you nerf crits, then bracers, now this. Cz, I hope you are ready for the firestorm that will be falling on FC for this decision.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by Hajkster
    To use a new scope I would have to ipr.. but with what ipr? heh... *sighs*
    Then give me a suggestion for a change to the old scope, so you wouldn't want to switch to a new one.

Also it is like a old time reward for thouse that have played since long ago like the unique bag that came out on the market.
    ---

Originally posted by Cz

Then give me a suggestion for a change to the old scope, so you wouldn't want to switch to a new one.
    yea i know :P To tired to come up with one atm tho, *me thinks on the train on the way in*, sorry ;P

hmm How about making thouse ql400 scopes dropable? ql220 imps drop from a ql190 master so it wouldnt be so hard to have ql400 scopes drop from a ql250 boss
    ---

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    Why always cater to the whiners? You realize these 14-15% scopes go for 150-250mil credits and doing this will total kill all those players who invested so much hard work to aquire said items.
    How about bringing a suggestion for how to keep the value there, even thought the crit gets nerfed?

Old timer

Old timer here, played for a year.

Had a collection of LLTS, until recently.

Almost think Cz and me had a deal on this.

Got rid of 3 scopes in the last 2 days for...well alot of money/stuff.

Only thing sad about this is all the "I'm gonna quit because they nerfed my scope" posts that's gonna pop up.

I hope none of my old friends leaves ://

/me thinks this thread is gonna break some kind of record.
    Grats Cz :P
    Last edited by Baffo; Oct 1st, 2002 at 10:53:38.

Aw... Noer, sorry bud, not intended to kill your post.

I was gonna take out a line, and deleted it instead. Please repost.

What about giving the user of it immunity to the blind efffect of NT/Eng blinds?
    (if the turning of Other effect "exploit" is fixed that is)

Or tuning down the init debuff part?

Giving it a small boost to all the main ranged skills? aka aprox +10 to pistol/rifle/Assault.....

A perception boost? for helping to see those cloaked/sneaking opponents..

All those would add valuable features that people would want and at the same time controlling the crits and thus damage output.

How about some sort of auto-targetting feature ? When turned on, always select the fighting target of your team leader, something like that ?

All shall be made equal!

This is sad news indeed, to bad all has to be equal all the time. Guess the ppl crying for nerfs has won one more time as they did whit OE.

Will you give away 2 free IPR to reset the EE and WS now as well? To them that you can see has those skilled raised for obious reason to equip the old LLTS?

I have 15 IPR left but that dosent matter, those are saved and was thought to be used on reseting things that isent in constant change..whatever this would be?

I will not belive you will make any searious difference about the LLTS until I see it...most likley something silly like +800 swimming and tutoring, lol

hugs, Nai

Originally posted by reality
    How about some sort of auto-targetting feature ? When turned on, always select the fighting target of your team leader, something like that ?
    Auto - "/assist" on the team leader? Sounds cool, but afraid that is a big coding task to add to an item.

I got suggested in IRC that if we're going to nerf the scopes, make them available in-game again. What's everybody's thoughts on that?

buy me a new comp so i can play some ao, coldreality O_o
    /polly666.

Nerfing things people have worked their arse off to get makes people angry and makes people not wanting to pay your money = bad business.
    First it was bracers. Believe it or not. People spend countless of hours getting those just to get them nerfed to uselessness.

I would like to hear the reasons for this nerf. Do you think the crit is overpowered? Have you tried it lately? They were nerfed at the same time as UVC. Guess what - people don't have UVC (yes yes MAs do) and no they are not overpowered anymore.

If you want to do something with them make them only work with ranged weapons. To me it sounds pretty stupid that you got a targetting scope on your hand to punch a person. I don't think that was intended. Melee users got Flurry for crit. Ranged should have scopes for their crit.

Again, old scopes are NOT overpowered. Nerfing them are just pissing a lot of people off and making them leave your game and giving you less money. Only people that want this nerfed are the carebears that wants all the items in the game served in a backpack when they create their char and don't want to work for anything at all.
    ~Lone

Re: All shall be made equal!

Originally posted by Nai
    I will not belive you will make any searious difference about the LLTS until I see it...most likley something silly like +800 swimming and tutoring, lol
    Then suggest something. If you don't trust the designers to come up with something viable, suggest something yourself, and I'll hand it to them.

Originally posted by Cz
    I got suggested in IRC that if we're going to nerf the scopes, make them available in-game again. What's everybody's thoughts on that?
    Ah, no reason to make them unavailable anymore, is there ?

Originally posted by Bacarella
    buy me a new comp so i can play some ao, coldreality O_o
    /polly666.
    That explains why it's been so peaceful in guild chat lately.

PS: We're off-topic here

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast