Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 26th, 2009 - The dead awaken and consume coffee.

New Mailsystem!!!

ALL MAIL MAKROSUN!!!
    Aspirant of the Means Cult(tm)
    ---------------------------------------
    Bug Busters (Rk2)
    now Froob RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Awesome. Now just add in the Centralized Shopping Database ( auction house ), tie it into the mail system, and remove the need for player shops.

And while you said before you don't like this idea because it would "split up the playerbase", answer me this:

What splits up the playerbase more?

Everyone running off in 2 thousand different directions to go hunt down the items they just bought in some obscure non-instanced player city where there are no players?

Or everyone gathered together at their respective CSD (Rome Blue, Old Athens, and Borealis) shopping, talking, and interacting?

Furthermore, how much sense story wise does it really make that on a planet that has resisted terraforming on 90% of its surface, some Joe Schmoe's have slapped pristine player cities down all over making RK look like Vegas?
    This.
    [Deadpixels][220/23] Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    New Mailsystem!!!

ALL MAIL MAKROSUN!!!
    I lol'd
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

So with new timer system, it'll be possible to remove the "Nullity Sphere Negative Feedback" nano that is cast on an NT when he uses Nullity Sphere and just have a 1 minute countdown timer show on NS? 'course, it'd require you updating all these old items with such functionality, but it would be quite awesome.
    At least that's how I understand this new timer system to work?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...and from there it began to spread across all dimensions like a virus. Doctors had the longest cooldown of this kind in common use...so they were immediately the first players who were susceptible to this issue...
    Ofcoz, do what everybody else does: blame the Doctors for breaking the game. What you should've done immediately is Mongo the bugs off from the Docs before it spreads, saving us all! Instead you roundhousewtfkicked the character databases 11 hours back in time! DD alone never got anyone phatz, ever, it's always Mango-Hjeals-DD. In that specific order!

Srsly, it's really good to see that you really work on the old code and will keep doing even after this... mishap. Keep on!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

Doctors had the longest cooldown of this kind in common use...so they were immediately the first players who were susceptible to this issue...and in the end what allowed us to locate the problem and eliminate it in the update we released at 5am on Thursday.
    Heh, friend and I were right. We were pretty sure that when TL 7 BS went down we could crash it again every time we killed a particular doc. Tested a few times, then left him alone -- not that it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    New Mailsystem!!!

ALL MAIL MAKROSUN!!!
    First Class plx.

Hello.

"Macrosun still found time this week to start work on an in-game mail system."

Great! Something AO have needed for a loong loong time... Good job

From Kehaan.
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Awesome. Now just add in the Centralized Shopping Database ( auction house ), tie it into the mail system, and remove the need for player shops.

And while you said before you don't like this idea because it would "split up the playerbase", answer me this:

What splits up the playerbase more?

Everyone running off in 2 thousand different directions to go hunt down the items they just bought in some obscure non-instanced player city where there are no players?

Or everyone gathered together at their respective CSD (Rome Blue, Old Athens, and Borealis) shopping, talking, and interacting?
    Hello.

Oh and bumping this, a nice idea

From Kehaan.
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I know you NTs love that in order for your nemesis to survive, they have to disable all possibility of making your life miserable <3 But we'd like a second opinion plx xD
    I think it's only fair that SS has a 30 sec recharge. You know, Engies have a 30-40 sec cast time on their spec blockers (which stops spamming them constantly in PvP joo kno), and they're the original spec blocker users.

Or sure, I'd like to be able to cast 7 spec blockers insta with no recharge, tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    I think it's only fair that SS has a 30 sec recharge. You know, Engies have a 30-40 sec cast time on their spec blockers (which stops spamming them constantly in PvP joo kno), and they're the original spec blocker users.

Or sure, I'd like to be able to cast 7 spec blockers insta with no recharge, tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Engies are supposed to cast their top pets with help of trader and MP and in full nano skill setup. I would like to see that fixed, so it's all fair and stuff.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    Engies are supposed to cast their top pets with help of trader and MP and in full nano skill setup. I would like to see that fixed, so it's all fair and stuff.
    So where do MPs acctualy need weapons and bow for? Aren't they suppoused to support, debuff and allow pets to do job?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    So where do MPs acctualy need weapons and bow for? Aren't they suppoused to support, debuff and allow pets to do job?
    We are. I'm waiting for the fix.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Yeah I want Rihwen to hit for as much as a dshark please (also give him specials and supernova/SoFC swap)
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Engies are supposed to cast their top pets with help of trader and MP and in full nano skill setup.
    No they aren't. Note how Engies could cast their top pet selfed before SL when they leveled enough. Or do you think that a froob without any of the new fancy shmancy items can't self the 200 bot EVER?

In fact, Engies not needing an MP and/or a Trader to cast their top pet is like returning to the OLD DAYS. Which means Engies are where they should be!
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Yeah I want Rihwen to hit for as much as a dshark please (also give him specials and supernova/SoFC swap)
    If you're a support prof, what you're supposed to do is sit in a team and help your teammates do more damage. And in such a situation, Rihwen's damage already is just fine!

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 11 seconds.

No they aren't. Note how Engies could cast their top pet selfed before SL when they leveled enough. Or do you think that a froob without any of the new fancy shmancy items can't self the 200 bot EVER?

In fact, Engies not needing an MP and/or a Trader to cast their top pet is like returning to the OLD DAYS. Which means Engies are where they should be!
    Yes, you should be able to self your level 200 slayerdroid only.

If you're a support prof
    No, u.

Actually, you are a tradeskill profession. You should gain xp/sk/VP in some factory, making carbonum armor.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Despite the 11 lost hours, this patch is a major one. Gratz to the team and all the people that made it possible !

I'm looking forward to the balancing changes, 150+ instance(s), and may be new battlestations ? May i dream possibly for a non-gravity one with firing yalms fights (wich would also protect from outter space Dot) ^_^ ...

Anyway, enough talk, let's enjoy AO's birthday !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Yes, you should be able to self your level 200 slayerdroid only.
    No, it's obvious that with all the nanoskill items, FC wanted us to return to the old days of self-casting our highest bot. Not be at the mercy of some stinking MP like you!

No, u.
    What, you just said on another thread that you are!

Actually, you are a tradeskill profession.
    If we go down that path, then you are an IMPLANT MAKING PROFESSION. You should gain XP/SK/VP by sitting in some factory, making implants all day!

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    Despite the 11 lost hours, this patch is a major one. Gratz to the team and all the people that made it possible !

I'm looking forward to the balancing changes, 150+ instance(s), and may be new battlestations ? May i dream possibly for a non-gravity one with firing yalms fights (wich would also protect from outter space Dot) ^_^ ...

Anyway, enough talk, let's enjoy AO's birthday !
    Just bring back the combat vehicles period ( Manta AV, the tanks shown in the opening movie, etc. ).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast