Thread: /ooc: Ark, shadowcomp/neuts and Omni-tek

/ooc: Ark, shadowcomp/neuts and Omni-tek

Hello,
    I though after the lastest thing I heared from multiple Omni-tek people I best start a thread here and see if we can get some interaction started before things get too much out of control/hand.

Currently I think the Investigator Tayris Dupphine is causing a lot of disturbance in the Omni-tek rp community, which result in frustrations/confusion on both Omni-tek player side as well as on ARK side.

So I will give you my point of view in the lastest events that happened around the Shadow Compendium, disobeying order etc.

2 Years ago Zora gave a speech (from what I understand it wasnt the best one he has given but he did) in which he claimed that anyone who isnt with us is against us, any neutrals that didnt signed an omni app would be seen as our enemy. The past couple of months i too have noticed that ARK is trying hard to get Omni-Tek to be nice toward neutrals. And now even steps in a neutral investigator....and this is where things in my point of view get messed up.

For example: Chaupin IC wise never liked neutrals to begin with, he started his days when the NLF (officially not even neutrals but still...) were at there highest and where people like Major Nyadach Prabel were making his live miserable. combine that with the Zora speech. Also dont forget the current Borealis situation (which in my opinion has become "disintegrated chewinggum" for Rping) isnt helping much either.
    Its not a secret Chaupin has disobeyed the BoD by telling them he would comply with their orders to help the neutral investigator. IC wise he cannot comprehend those actions while at the same time neutrals are generally very much against him because of the things above.

Now I know im not the only one who thinks the latest actions of the BoD dont add up to the story line. So I hope we could get some civilized interactions going on between ARK point of view and our point of view to lead this in good ways again.
    The Red Brotherhood

Well.
    I dont know what to say really. Did have a 3hour nonstop discussion about this with Pheats ooc. In game.
    (not to mention countless hours in discussions with fellow Roleplayers)
    Dont really think I personally have the stammina nor wish to talk further.
    A forum discussion can only go so far. Other then that, I´ll do my very best to work with, well mostly, around the subject IC wise in game.
    Its been made clear to me that it is quite fitting we will be getting a /facepalm emote ingame this comming patch.
    It'll work out fine in the end I suppose, but I refuse to put any more energy into this. (ooc discussion/debateing wise)
    Last edited by PereatMundus; Jun 23rd, 2009 at 15:34:33.
    -You must be the change you wish to see-
    (Omni-Mining) Iivanov Clark (Iivanov) Gear 200-Soldier
    (Omni-Mining) Tamena (Tamena) Gear 85-Trader
    Omni-Mining | Omni-Mining Propaganda | Omni-Pol
    Atlantean RP gimp since dec 2001

well in the past ARK did had once a year an ingame meeting with the community to change ideas/point of views and that sort of things. will we have one this year too?
    The Red Brotherhood

Indeed there will be another Player Events Meeting, I was planning to set it up this week untill it was pointed out to me that its the birthday celebrations. But I will post news about that when I get things sorted.

As for the discussion, I am all for it and like every post I've made on the forums recently I would like to point out that a mail to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com is the best way to get in touch with us and chat about things.

As for the forums discussions, I don't mind posting now and then but I prefer to discuss via the events feedback for a few reasons.

1. Forum discussions almost always seem to go off topic or draw in unnessecary drama
    2. They often produce long winded posts from me that no one ever reads (see: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...7&postcount=62 and http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...5&postcount=90 for examples)
    3. Personal discussions tend to clear up confusion and problems a lot faster and clearer then public debates.

I have tried my best for the better part of the day to put a note here.
    It's a really hard topic, and I can't find the right words to use.
    I can only say that I agree with Areania and Chaupin.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

The Tarkhan Doctrine can't work because ARK/FC won't allow it to.

Perfect example of this is this. Omni-Tek Affiliates (supposedly the more fiercely loyal employees) openly defied the CEO, and not a peep from the Directors at the OAM.

Tarkhan Zora is the bane of OT IC RP at the moment because it would force the playerbase to become introverted. The only solution to this, IMO, are one of the following 2 things:

1) Reverse the Doctrine. Have Omni-Reform's PR Department admit it was an openly cruel statement from the CEO and the corporation does not believe in the slaughtering of innocent individuals. Rescind it, denounce it. It's deplorable policy.

2) Have the Node7352 LTC provoke a complete Coup of the OTRK government. Oust the CEO and any of the directors linked to this policy (likely the ones who are Omegas), replace the management and then follow step 1.

until something like this happens OTRP will always be kinda screwed up and 'lore' will need to blatantly be ignore for the sake of allowing RP to continue.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

bring back Ross
    The Red Brotherhood

The biggest problem is the we have an CEO and main storyline that has been afk for several years.
    Now I know that the arks can't do anything with that and have to work on their own lines.
    this creates the problem and both sides refuses to see it from the other side.
    Ark can't make storys for just one side. They have to think of the whole comunity.
    The players on the other hand, have to stay true to their carracters and their place in the story of AO.
    We have to work around this somehow.
    To me, Gimpeline is as important to me as the investigator is to the ark playing her. Both of us want to move the story forward, but both of us also want to stay true to our carracters
    All this would be alot easyer if Zora never took over and Ross was still incharge.
    Sadly that is not the case.
    If we want to solve this, both sides has to be willing to give and take
    No one benefits from this stailmate

I am now talking from my point of view.
    It would be easyer for me if the ark had a Omni-middleman or mabye some sort of mailbox that I could send my info to,This person could decide what to turn over and what should stay on Omni hands.
    We would cooperate with the investigator, but more indirectly.

The problem with the middleman solution is that the arks had to make one carracter for each side.
    Tripple the workload on each story and that is not good.
    However if we had a Omni "mailbox" it could be sendt to the investigator in reality, but ingame it would be sendt to Omni

Sorry. I am rambeling here. Just trying to find solutions
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    The biggest problem is the we have an CEO and main storyline that has been afk for several years.
    Now I know that the arks can't do anything with that and have to work on their own lines.
    This is exactly our problem, and it's not the Ark's fault but FC currently not doing a job they did until LE launch. I'm not blaming, with 11 devs, expansions, bugs, balance and new engine, they can't.

If they had the resources they had around SL, they'd have the speech followed by actions and this story would have evolved. We'd have news from Philipp Ross too.

Pretty much like we can't make things up on Arks LTCs, the Arks can't venture into FC's chars. It is already good they control higher story chars like Sylverstone. But until FC do something about Ross/Radiman/Zora/Galahad/David, we're stuck with what the arks can bring us. And much like us players they don't have infinite energy, there is 3 sides to take care off with, I believe, reduced resources as well.

This doesn't disable you from sticking to your char, in fact without conflict our story won't go far, so go pressure against that investigator. No need for mailbox, act like you should and the ark behind it gets the message.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jun 26th, 2009 at 15:50:04.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S