Thread: [RK2] IRRK: Fighting in Newland

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] IRRK: Fighting in Newland

Fighting in Newland
    June 18, 29483 - [Rimor]

IRRK - All is not well in Newland as reports of governmental changes cause conflict.

A routine patrol of Newland turned into a catastrophe as members of the public starting firing upon the guardsmen.

Most of the people taking part in the patrol were unavailable for comment, however we managed to gain a report of what happened from one of the militia guards (who has chosen to stay anonymous) that took part;

"Well... it started as a normal patrol right? We had a few new people that have been brought in to help keep things smooth, and we were just patroling like normal.

Now usually theres always one or two trouble makers, some drunks comin' out the bar or someone that's a bit emboldened by the insurance technology, that sort of thing. But half way through this patrol it seems everyone we met wanted a potshot at us, I even saw my mate get sent to the reclaim.

Of course once that happened we all decided to go report to the 'igher ups and let them take care of it.

I admit I sent a fair few of the trouble makers to reclaim myself but they attacked us first, and Im only in this for the money so I don't see why I should get shot at for doing my job... if this keeps up I might take up a bouncer job for Reets Retreat or somethin'"

Other witnesses report that, after the patrollers had withdrawn, gangs roamed the streets looking for trouble. The largest of which was organized by one Miss Penelope Hollister, known to many as Tinkerbots and infamous for her actions in setting up an army of robots to roam Borealis last year. However it seems that order was restablished eventually and the gangs dispersed.

It appears that any new regimes in Newland will have a struggle at gaining the support of the citizens who seem set on opposing the attempted take over.

.....we didn't need to see this one confirmed.... *sigh*