Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shtylez and friends

Shtylez and friends

Anybody pissed as hell about shylez being banned? so what if he plvled somebody, everybody has. I didn't even notice the plvling exploit thread till after they were banned. Shtylez is an extremely good pvper and to ban him over something so trivial. High lvls do plvl yes, but only till lvl 80 and only because its just annoying to get a character to that lvl without doing it. You ban shtylez? might as well ban both servers.....

?

Why ban both servers? Ive never exploited any of my characters with IQ rings etc....everyone knew that was an exploit. When i was told it wasnt it was pretty obvious that it was. I asked a gm and he said it was. If you have any doubt, especially if you know the definition of an exploit; dont do it. Putting one ring in bank and dropping one on ground while you put one in backpack and pick up the other is about the most obvious exploit since infinate treatment bug. People should be banned for stuff like this, or at least suspended.

Re: Shtylez and friends

Originally posted by JD
    Anybody pissed as hell about shylez being banned? so what if he plvled somebody, everybody has. I didn't even notice the plvling exploit thread till after they were banned. Shtylez is an extremely good pvper and to ban him over something so trivial. High lvls do plvl yes, but only till lvl 80 and only because its just annoying to get a character to that lvl without doing it. You ban shtylez? might as well ban both servers.....
    OMFG they BANNED SHTYLES!!!!

he had to be

1) one of the nicest guys on the server (and that is a clanner talkin about an OT)

2) one of the best (probably THE BEST) enforcer pvper on the server

3) The first enforcer to 200 on the server

4) my friend

THAT IS BAD

FUncom putting the FU in fun again. Give him back his account, clear him of all charges, gimme a break!!! how pathetic, banning him for powerleveling... why not ban all of us that went to medusa's for months and months gaining levels at an ungodly rate.

Ban everyone who ever ran missions for exp back in the day.

OMFG, this is SOOOO lame

when did this happen
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I am sure pissed. There are so many idiots in AO that do things that ruin the game for alot of people. But FC goes and suspends the account of some of the nicest people in the game for something they said was NOT an exploit!! I didnt even realize that they changed their minds until Shtylez and Cocio and a few others were already gone. That could have been anyone, alot of us have used that powerleveling exploit!!
    So why suspend them? Because you caught them. Damn. Why don't you suspend the idiots that train mobs on people and cause real trouble in the game and ruin the fun for us!!
    Hell I'm clan and even got PvPed by some of those people, but they still have class and DON'T deserve this. You guys at FC have screwed up before and admitted your mistakes and make good. I really hope you will reinstate these people ASAP, becuase this is your biggest mistake yet!!

uh...

uhh.... Funcom always said this was an exploit.

Re: uh...

Originally posted by InfamousDuck
    uhh.... Funcom always said this was an exploit.
    what exactly have they always said was an exploit?

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The exploit with more than one iq ring. Having more than one unique in your inventory or on you at the same time is exploit.

uh, were talking about plvling, not about using 2 IQ rings

bump

one of the really few guys who kept his word. and that was ALWAYS the case.

Just out of curiosity, is using incomps on urself also considered an exploit?

get them back into the game...PLZ..
    Rawkster - 200 Agent
    Thorian - 200 Trader

uhh.

uhh. Funcom doesnt just ban people for Powerleveling bud . he was doing something that violated the TOS to get banned. If someone lvls fast and funcom thinks they lvl too fast they may suspend and search the account. But as to banning just because they lvled fast, thats bs. If he wasnt exploiting he wouldnt have been banned...

Btw, this is probably the first time ive ever stood up for funcom; and im not saying that this guy who got banned wasnt a great guy! Im just saying FC doesnt just ban leveling your character.

Thumbs up

It makes me glad to see that more ppl dare to say something.
    I feel like JD..

Its Unfair...If they take down one they might aswell take down everyone using the same so called "Exploit"
    But i guess...They will lose to much money if they would do that.

And as they say em self. -This is FC employ Generally talkin in a email-
    It is a bug in the game, we made people aware of it, hoping they wouldn't use it, but they still did.

Its a bug in a 18mounth old game.
    Why isnt it fixed?
    Hoping they wouldnt Use it..
    Why dont u fix that "bug" so the players can not use it.

Unfair bans, thats all i can say.
    Delete the chars that was involved and 1mounth suspenstion?
    BLEH!
    President of Total Chaos
    ~ Nikita "Vikie" Destiny ~

Home of Total Chaos

My Small Army on Rubi-Ka 2
    Vikie Agent | Nanojaq NT | Phaz Fixer | Jaqulinne MA | Vikineer Engie | Vikita Crat | Vikiz Trader

- On your world, one plus one equals two. In our universe, one plus one equals one -

Originally posted by Hajkster
    Vikie seems to be one of the only intelligent people in this thread...

Re: uhh.

Originally posted by InfamousDuck
    uhh. Funcom doesnt just ban people for Powerleveling bud . he was doing something that violated the TOS to get banned. If someone lvls fast and funcom thinks they lvl too fast they may suspend and search the account. But as to banning just because they lvled fast, thats bs. If he wasnt exploiting he wouldnt have been banned...

Btw, this is probably the first time ive ever stood up for funcom; and im not saying that this guy who got banned wasnt a great guy! Im just saying FC doesnt just ban leveling your character.

ummmm

The exploit with more than one iq ring. Having more than one unique in your inventory or on you at the same time is exploit.
    sounds to me like you are about as clueless as some of the GM's and ARC's I have talked to.. So you are supporting funcom for something that you have NO information on. Do you even know the guy? He did nothing bad to anyone ever, was honest as the day is long.

Dont get into it if you dont know anything about it (wich your post on IQ rings proves you DONT KNOW A THING).

ROFLOL

ACK !!

what is FC thinking banning one of the most respected players in AO, please undo this mistake and let him back.

Shtylez will be missed by CLAN as well as OMNI. He brings personality into the game, someting this game needs.
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

Hello, Im cloudeh.
    I used the Cred Exploit to buy Dragon armor.
    Unban me please.

Its not going to work is it?
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Someone asked me yesterday to powerlevel his low level character.

You know what I said?

Sorry man, that's an exploit. And I, and he, both continue to level our characters just like normal. Killing 30-50 mobs every level. Believe it or not, not everyone in this game powerlevels - maybe you just think that because your whole paradigm is created by you and your friends that exploit. I find hundreds of players everyday that are honestly leveling their characters. We team, we wait, we run to missions, we die, and every now and then... we level.

It has taken me roughly 8 days to get to level 61. If that's too much for you then maybe you need to play UT 2003, or any other game that doesn't require 8 days to build a character.

Personally, if I were 'the man', I'd have just deleted his powerleveled character and called it a day. I can't say that I'm sorry to see him get banned though, in fact I'm pretty apathetic. But as a suggestion to FC, maybe a little less harshness in your verdicts. This is not anything comparable to a credit exploit in terms of its affect on the community. And could've been dealt with in proper measures.

2 cents.

Shtylez was not banned. His account was suspended for 1 month. Anyway...I seriously doubt this thread will accomplish anything but having Cz/Cosmik close it or delete it, no matter how many people post here.

Edit: Hehe exactly Cloudeh..
    Yagyu for life

Talking Lol

Cloudeh rocks.

That's all I have to say.
    -- yasher & friends
    Current Project: Metrodoc 177/9 Doctor
    Acct Activated: 28 June 2001
    Last Reactivated: 19 Aug 2005
    Cancellations: 3
    Regged Thru: 18 Dec 2005

holla

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Hello, Im cloudeh.
    I used the Cred Exploit to buy Dragon armor.
    Unban me please.

Its not going to work is it?
    For once, Cloudeh makes the most sense of anyone in the thread.

hmm, guess I will have to restate my point from another point of view.

everyone that has ever used a debuff on themselves to break a root should get suspended and have their characters deleted

ok, now I am on all you banners sides.. oh wait I am in the pvp forum, it is gonna be pretty quiet in here for about a month or so, and then we will hear about all the new lowbie pvp gods wandering around powerleveling... errrr .... leveling up

ROFLOL

The exploit was first mentioned as not being an exploit because not many ppl used it *cough*.

It was later defined as an exploit when FC found out just how many actually used it.

Did they use the exploit after it was announced an exploit? Guess so.

Can't say I feel sorry for 'em for getting caught at cheating.

Only thing I do know is, howcome is it only Omni's we hear of being banned? Are no clanners banned? Or do they just accept what they did and moved on?

And no, not everybody cheat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast