Thread: [ALL] IRRK: Newland taken over by a criminal group

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] IRRK: Newland taken over by a criminal group

Newland taken over by a criminal group
    June 17, 29483 - [Global]

IRRK - IRRK - Selcha Doree - Newland - Last week Newland was shaken by the news that a criminal group is now running the city.

The last week's Newland City Council meeting seemed to be just another regular one at first. The ministers appeared as usual. The fact that neither General Hekkat nor Mayor Toog were present did not alarm anyone since they are busy people after all and such absence would normally be easy to explain. Not this time, however.

The presence of two individuals were soon noticed: Iaskel Nendas and Turms Falon. Those two are not regular visitors to the council although Mr Nendas appeared at the meetings on several occasions.

The witnesses report that the ministers were informed by Mr Nendas that mayor Toog was seriously ill and General Hekkat was taking care of him. However funny the mental image of the general acting as a nurse may be, the matter did sound serious and disturbing considering who was the source of the news.

According to Investigator Tayris Duppine, Iaskel Nendas is a member of a criminal organisation known as Shadow Compendium which is responsible for numerous robberies and thefts around Rubi-Ka. All this made Mr Nendas' explanations of the mayor's absence highly su****ious.

After the council session, which of course did not go exactly as planned, Turms Falon lead a group of highly su****ious individuals on a patrol around the city. The militia guards are reported to not take any action against them, more, they seemed to be cooperating with the group.

What happened to General Hekkat and mayor Zephrem "Toog" King? Why didn't the Newland militia react? These are the questions that need answering. There is, however, a more pressing question: how do we get control of Newland city back from Shadow Compendium?

This should hardly come as a surprise for anyone.
    We all know what kind of security the Newland militia can provide.
    That is one of the reasons why Omni-Tek offers their services in Borialis and around the dish
    There are many great mining places around Newland and I think Omni-Tek should establish a dialogue with the new leaders of Newland and see if we can come to an agreement about those places since the last government was less than willing to do so.
    Think opportunity, people. This might not be so negative after all.
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Jun 17th, 2009 at 09:45:16.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Now that it seems Toog isnt in control anymore, does this means that we, Omni-tek and in particulary Omni-pol, can proceed in Newland without showing authorization forms all the time?
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    This should hardly come as a surprise for anyone.
    We all know what kind of security the Newland militia can provide.
    That is one of the reasons why Omni-Tek offers their services in Borialis and around the dish
    There are many great mining places around Newland and I think Omni-Tek should establish a dialogue with the new leaders of Newland and see if we can come to an agreement about those places since the last government was less than willing to do so.
    Think opportunity, people. This might not be so negative after all.
    Hold it right there missy....
    Newland Security is a tight unit. If you want to get all self righteous about how much better Omni-tek security is over Newland, think again. First off, lets throw out there that Omni-tek couldnt remove Ian Warr out. Second, lets take into consideration that the criminal unit that did move into Newland is also a group well known to be rather adept at stealing omni-tek supplies from under their nose.

If you look at this as an opportunity for self gratification all over Newland, be prepared to reap the whirlwind on this one. This is a tight tight tight situation, with ramifications that can lead out to FULL scale escalation. This is not a time to be opportunistic, this is a time to be really careful about what we do or say, because any sort of ridiculous motion to change the infrastructure of that particular buffer zone, and you've turned the situation from bad to even worse.

Do the math on this one. Consider Newland's necessity before you opt to annex another small town you think wont create problems for you. Also, I'd like to throw this out there, but also might wanna consider that escalation is exactly what that particular unit may want us to do, and waste resources on each other while we hammer it out in the streets.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Before there is any hysteria or worry due to rumors and hearsay, let me assure everyone the Newland City government is still in place, and the Militia is still keeping the peace within the city. Any outside group or faction wishing to conduct business within Newland would still have to follow proper procedure and protocol.

Mayor Toog was reported to be sick and was the reason for him and General Hekkat's not being at the meeting. Mayor Toog and the good General do not make up the full Newland council, and there have been many other occasions where they have not been able to attend and the council has conducted the meeting without them. The absence of Mayor Toog and General Hekkat should not be taken as a sign the Newland government has been over thrown.

It is true Iaskel Nendas and Turms Falon were at the last NLCC meeting. They are currently suspected of being in the criminal organization known as the Shadow Compendium; however, at this time there is no hard evidence to support this. Mr. Nendas is nothing more then a slow witted individual with delusion of grandeur. If Mr. Nendas is walking around saying he is in control of Newland does in no way make it true.

It is also true Mr. Falon was walking around the city with a group of people. They were at no time causing trouble within the city and not a cause of alarm for the Militia, Newland City does not arrest people due to a su****ious look.

People should be at ease and go about conducting business as always.

Beta “Foosball33” Cross
    Minister of Foreign Affairs Newland City

((Note: This statement is really only for RK2; however, people from RK1 can of course comment on it. But the current state of affairs on RK2 should not be mistaken for what's going on with RK1))
    Last edited by FoosballX; Jun 17th, 2009 at 19:39:16.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

((exactly the same state of affairs on RK1 from what i can tell))

True they have done nothing wrong which we have any proof off. If Omni-Tek wants to try and make new deals with the Newland City Council, please go ahead and try, im sure the Ministers can sort you out in no time.
    And just so you know i believe Boltgun has returned to the council and is the new science Minister ((RK1)).
    So if Omni-Tek is wishing to mine around Newland, maybe they should go talk to him.

Newland's soverignity has not changed however, so I do not see how Omni-Pol would not need the proper authorisation papers to work in an offical manner within the cities boundaries.
    If you act without this and not submitting such paperwork it to the Security minister, then you are likely to recieve no help from the militia, the council and may in fact be asked to leave, depending on your conduct and behaviour.

I cant help but think unless Toog was actually dying he wouldnt have missed a meeting where 2 suspected crimelords essentially took over Newland, anyone who doesnt think this is su****ious should probably report to omni reform and ask for a personality wipe and hope the replacment they get has a little more intellect...

Seriously, this looks bad and is likely to get worse.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Should we report to reform for not caring if clan colaborators are alive or dead?
    "seek employment with Omni-Tek, or seek termination" Zoras own words
    The city has always been run by criminals so this is not a new situation
    The mayor himself have spoken against the board several times. We have no controll over him
    Lets say the reports are true and there are a new boss in town
    One thug takes overfor another thug. I really don't see the big difrence.
    Mayor Zephrem "Toog" King is not the good boy some make him out to be.
    Anyone remember when he bombarded us with rollerats after our gesture of good will?
    Newland is no bufferzone, it's a place where all kinds of scum roam the streets freely without any kind of controll from Omni-Pol.
    It has been a safehaven for criminals in the past and it looks like it still will be just that.
    The only diffrence is the man at the top.
    And if you suspect that a criminal organisation like these shadows is operating from your town it should be in your intrest to cooperate closly with a propper lawinforcment unit instead of restricting them.
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Jun 19th, 2009 at 06:40:11.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Its exactly that kind of Imperialism that makes you so damn unpopular with regular folk. I guess all those accumulated years of butt hurt must make this really hard for you contain I spose.

And while the ICC has the reigns on this, I hope you continue to squirm until the stress makes your brain bleed.

I'm starting to like passive vengeance.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

As a Newland City resident what I really want to know is, does this mean local taxes will go up?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Its exactly that kind of Imperialism that makes you so damn unpopular with regular folk. I guess all those accumulated years of butt hurt must make this really hard for you contain I spose.

And while the ICC has the reigns on this, I hope you continue to squirm until the stress makes your brain bleed.

I'm starting to like passive vengeance.
    Yeah basically clan or not i agree with you, that kind of attitude gives Omni people like me a bad name.

Seriously Newland is a decent place and under Phillip Ross always enjoyed good relations with Omni-tek (i'm not gonna discuss my opinions of Zora as i kinda like being unReformed), just look at the co-financing of the Newland Militia. A lot of omni, myself included would be happy to give up some time to provide any help the rightful authorities need to clean house, should these crimelords decide they want to stick around.

Hopefully a few clanners with happy memories of Newland might do the same...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

I wonder if their accepting applications into their organization...

Erm I meant Yeah bad people are bad! burn them and scatter their ashes and all that

now where did I put my resumes...

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    And just so you know i believe Boltgun has returned to the council and is the new science Minister ((RK1)).
    I am here and sound, even if I wasn't as noisy as usual. I also moved to foreign relations.

About Omni Tek operations, our boss is away but we are still here to apply rules. Marching in with your police will be met the same as before, until further notice.

The two men so far failed to show proof that they hold either Zephrem King or the General Hekkat, in good health, as I requested. With our mayor unavailable, we're are only prudent until we can contact the mayor. Eventually I'll act as appropriate as my specialty and skills allows.

Newland residents are advised to stay away from smugglers, otherwise they should do their business as usual. If you wish to discuss about their presence, feel free to contact me or Agrestus.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S