Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Frid...*ahem* Saturday with Means - June 13th, 2009 - I'm not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The timing was not coincidence and was done in the manner that would hurt us the most. It is honestly getting to the point where the next time this sort of childish behaviour happens I am going to make use of law enforcement and all other means available to me to ensure the perpetrator receives more than a meaningless ban for their efforts.
    Theres little point being nice with such people, a "slap on the wrist" is usually fairly meaningless.

Best thing to do, assuming theyre located in a country with some sort of computer misuse laws, is just report them and let them suffer the fate they have made for themselves.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Gimme back my stun procs and the illness voodoo will stop.
    Gracee e : Blooop e - SPIRIT

I'd be interested to know if this was related to the recent purge of cred spammers / account bans [41bil is a tip of the iceberg though] - given those accounts were all run as bots, I wouldn't be surprised at all. As an aside, one of the largest credit selling enterprises is Russian, and realistically, you'll never get a conviction there. Unless you happen to know the right people. See a recent thread discussing the economy of RK2.

Then again, I suppose it could be kiddies annoyed about FFA, but somehow...

Tip:

If you threaten something, know who / what you're threatening. Also make sure that any action you promise will happen, does happen. Otherwise you don't look professional or serious.

Chances are that any legal threat / criminal offense will never get prosecuted, or even actioned, so threatening it will only scare the script kiddies. Most countries won't even take FC's lawyers seriously - including the USA (online fraud has to be $10k+ to even get a look at by law enforcement there, last time I checked).

On the other hand, you'll have much more scope / effectiveness if you demand that their ISP does something: at the very least, you might be able to cost them internet access until they switch ISPs. Direct action is to get FC's legal department (if it has one - otherwise lawyers / solicitors firm that does your contracts) advice. Chances are, a letter from FC to the ISP concerned (including threats to bar all IPs from that ISP in future) will result in them doing something about the offending accounts.

Or.. just release details "accidentally" to people in game, and see how they like DNS.

Sorry to hear that you're sick Means! You know it's a good thing when everyone freaks out and misses you when you don't post on Fridays, it (ahem) means you're doing something right.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

The amount of people in this thread who offered weapons and/or to function as assassins makes me slightly nervous....

Glad you feel better, Means
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    The amount of people in this thread who offered weapons and/or to function as assassins makes me slightly nervous....
    Don't worry, we're professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post
    Most countries won't even take FC's lawyers seriously - including the USA
    It's ok. We don't take the USA serious either.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post

Glad you feel better, Means
    Well if someone spent 8 years on a hobby and someone breaks into your shed and pees all over the stuff you've invested in making, wouldn't you be hiring dog hounds to track the mofo down?.... some people, would.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post

Or.. just release details "accidentally" to people in game, and see how they like DNS.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by anarrina View Post
    the amount of people in this thread who offered weapons and/or to function as assassins makes me slightly nervous....

Glad you feel better, means

I am a big cuddly bear! Hug?

Well thin cuddly bear, but cuddly bear none the less!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

is any thought being put into alternative wepaon types such as melee energy grenades and flame throwers?

Can I have a Mint-colored mini-dress for my Doc please?

Oh and give Catcrab a tinfoil hat.
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Please look into fixing Sector 42.
    Agent Qualifications, Pvp League v2.0

Total
    Lupusceleri 4
    Apothis2 0
    Zeet 6
    Hexous 5
    Numavezi1 5

Omg wankers playing Neo... just what we needed.

Yes please, accidentally release as much data on them you have.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Omg wankers playing Neo... just what we needed.

Yes please, accidentally release as much data on them you have.
    Will it lure you back into the game though?
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

First off, I'm glad to hear that your feeling better because well... you can't work on AO if you aren't and we can't have that now can we? Jokes aside honestly good to hear that you are feeling better because being sick is never a nice thing.

As for the bot/attackers, all we need is an inadvertent leak on the information of the botters :/ Here's hoping to perhaps an error in the code which happens to list said info as a log on message next patch?

Really though it sucks that people would pointlessly try to spam and mess with a server in order to mess up enjoyment for everyone else. Despite the fact that FC is running a business, the point of AO is to bring entertainment to people, and to have a good time (free of charge in the case of Froobs even!).

As for the people who would try and deny the attempts of people to just sit back, relax and enjoy themselves; they are the basest of lifeforms who would deserve nothing better than simply being erased off the face of the earth. No death, no drama, etc. They just deserve to be removed.

On a lighter note though:
    "At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless *snip*" At heart, you have no heart...whaaaaa?

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Will it lure you back into the game though?
    I popped in today ^^... Sil (a player) told me you tried to summon me by making her strip . Seems it was enough, even if she refused .
    Last edited by schloops; Jun 14th, 2009 at 20:35:41. Reason: "even if she refused"
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    STUN PROCS FOREVER

Bump for servers having stun procs on hit... cause you stole em from crats.
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Funcom employee

Grats on killing the lagbeast, but you failed to address the most important question: When are the shiny pants that I made getting patched to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    Grats on killing the lagbeast, but you failed to address the most important question: When are the shiny pants that I made getting patched to live?
    This requires a screenshot, yup yup!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast