Thread: external buffs prior to going to arena or political zone

external buffs prior to going to arena or political zone

I just wanted to know what you guys think about this. I posed a comment in another thread, I think it was the MA Crit Buff Self Only thread.

Anyway, what do you guys think of a guy who plans on going to an arena or political zone, but before he does, he gets the highest essense he can from an enforcer, Sub G from an MA, All the masteries for his weopon to raise attack level, he finds a doctor and gets even more HP buffs and a nice little HoT.

This guy then goes to an arena/political zone and engages in battle with a player who is self-buffed only.

What do you guys think about that? I'm just asked what everyone thinks before I post my own comments....... I want this to be as "flame-retardand" as possible for now.

I don't PVP, but I think the guy who self buffed should run back out.. and quick

This game revolves around buffs and implants to be good.. most buffs weren't made to be self only intentionally by Funcom... anyone who doesn't take advantage of them is going to suffer.. in PVP or PVM..

I think he/she's prepared.

What is so wrong with that? The buffs are in the game to be used. I have no problems with that at all, I do it myself.
    NT phone HOME!!

I agree that it is simply a matter of preparedness.

However, if we are talking duels, and someone requests self buffs only, and someone lies -- accepting the duel regardless, it is a matter of the person lying having no honor (or self respect).

If someone requests a duel, self buffs only, and you are buffed with SG, doc buffs, essence, etc that you cannot cast, just send em a /tell. Don't beat up on em.

If you are in a political zone, all is fair game. War != duels.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I have visions of an arena in which you have to step through a skill check detector thingy like in airports that strips off all items that aren't within a certain tolerance. Before agents start having a brain anneurism, it wouldn't be mandatory, nor replace existing arenas. This would just be an option for people who aren't interested in fighting a one man deathstar.

pvp in 2ho/MMD Fine. Anything goes. Hell, gank 6 on 1 if you like too. All's fair.

In an arena duel however, I tend to think that it's not fair to have outside buffs.

There are a couple of things to do:

1. Get outside buffs yourself! Then it doest matter because you two are fighting with the same means, and if he doesnt have outside buffs you will get a little bonus

2. Look at him, usually if a person has like white things flying around his/her torso, thats a hp buff.

3. Both /terminate

4. (for enfs) Try to buff him with meatshield... then if it says NCU error; better nano running, the player has a essence better than meatshield +51hp. But if he dont have it you can just press esc to
    stop the buff.

its all good .. to a point , , some people overkill....i mean when you have a buff from every profession, its a little much...

I assume my opponent has them, and I have then when I can, but anytime someone says "self buff only" I drop them. If you dont talk to your opponent, dont be upset when they have a surprise for you hehe.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

when duelling (in arena) self-buffs only.

when out travelling (or out to gank some of the other side) all the buffs your ncu's can contain. There is a conflict going on out there, and if you want to take the time to find one of each profession to buff you up, good for you.

on the bad side, the poor fella just passing by in that area, having only self-buffs (not many buffs fully up each time they cross a low-gas-area) will have problems. is it fair? no. is it wrong? no.

Originally posted by Skybert

on the bad side, the poor fella just passing by in that area, having only self-buffs (not many buffs fully up each time they cross a low-gas-area) will have problems. is it fair? no. is it wrong? no.
    That's a shame people are so naive. If I ever DO zone into 2ho on my way to a mission, I'm fully buffed. I try to avoid it though, if I am on my way to a mission, I'm not there to pvp.

Hell, I fully buff when zoning into 4holes on my way to a mission.

It's just smart(tm).
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Agreed....... nuff said

It's a question of personal honor code. My honor code prevents me from using outside buffs in duals.
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

If you are in a political zone, all is fair game. War != duels.
    I believe this should be an ingame message that is popped onto your screen anytime you enter a 25% or 0% zone. So many people fail to make this distinction it's silly.