Thread: AO still have a sizable memory leak lurking about?

AO still have a sizable memory leak lurking about?

My client was eating up 512 mb of memory today after only being on for a couple of hours.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Hard to say what's an actual memory leak and what's "creative" memory caching done by the os...

AO on Wine? Or what OS?

Got a similar problem every now and then.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Means has stated that a problem with the current engine is that it forces you to load an entire zone when you come into it. Couple that with caching and you're going to get some memory hogging, especially if you don't have much to begin with ( i.e. less than 1 gig ).

I believe there is some type of /flush command. Not sure of the actual command or if it even works anymore.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jun 15th, 2009 at 22:18:24.

my gf's Anarchy used 50 mb mems on her laptop while mine been using 780mb. we logged on at same time. go figure....
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

http://i43.tinypic.com/289vs3r.png

Seriously, if this is intended, unintend it and fix it.

Window 7, by the way. But I'm pretty sure this is AO's problem, not window's. Since it's done this from time to time in every OS I've ran it under.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    "Private working set" isn't really a good measure of total memory size - it's just the amount not currently swapped out of physical RAM and will vary according to how much other stuff you have running.
    The actual amount of memory claimed by the process is in a column called "Commit Size" (sort of). On my machine commit size for clientd.exe is stable at about 710 meg. If almost all of the commit size is in physical memory on your machine, it just means that you aren't using the machine for much else (or you have diabled paging).

If commit size is climbing, that's a better indication of a memory leak.
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK