Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Friday with Means - May 29th, 2009

The confirmation of bouncing boobies with indidvidual physics simulation is indeed great news!

Yeah, great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    Any paperdoll slot can contain an item that can set one or more meshes on attractors, so you could make pants of awesomeness that change all four of the leg-attractors and the belt in one go, or whatever you might think of.
    This whole thing has awesome potential.

One thought that occured to me & I wanted to share... with this, you could put on your beast pads & not only get spikes on your shoulders, but maybe there could be mini ones all down your arms too!

Yay... for... sp...ikes! *head goes pop with excitement*

----

The ultimate in appearance customisation would be something like this:

Code:
    F10 >> Visuals >> Character Appearance

Wear only [_] Social only [_] Mixture [o]

Neck: Wear (Clan Merits - Paragon)
    Head: Social (Superior Sentinel Armor Helmet)
    Back: None (Hide)
    Right Shoulder: Wear Right Shoulder (Superior Icy of Brawn)
    Right Arm Upper: None (Hide)
    Right Arm: Social (Tattoo)
    Right Forearm: Wear (Perfected Infused Dust Brigade Bracer)
    Right Hand: None (Hide)
    Right Finger: Wear (Ring of Burning Flesh)
    Chest: Social (Combined Mercenary's)
    Belt: None (Hide)
    Left Shoulder: Social Right Shoulder (Shoulderplates of Sabotage)
    Left Arm Upper: Social Right Shoulder (Shoulderplates of Sabotage)
    Left Arm: Wear (Combined Mercenary's)
    Left Forearm: Social Right Shoulder (Shoulderplates of Sabotage)
    Left Hand: Wear (Combined Mercenary's)
    Left Finger: Wear (Ring of Summoned Terror)
    Thighs: Wear (Combined Mercenary's)
    Legs: Wear (Combined Mercenary's)
    Crus: Wear (Combined Mercenary's)
    Feet: Wear (Combined Mercenary's)
    If you choose mixture, each slot becomes a drop down menu populated with the available option.... *dreams*

(Based on equip in sig btw... & yes I do actually have some ql300 mercs in my social chest slot already!)
    Last edited by Troxxor; Jun 5th, 2009 at 12:49:52. Reason: Added some explaination
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    And nice to hear about the coming of bouncing boobies..
    Quote Originally Posted by RaffaChicken89 View Post
    The confirmation of bouncing boobies

Maybe I didn't read enno's post right, but I see no mention of "bouncing boobies" coming anytime soon. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

By quoting me you have given futher credence to the imminant implementation of the aforementioned boob technology.

BTW, it's friday.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

lol!
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    Preview video of amazing bouncing boobies tech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EywYEjhAHsY
    Can we have blue footed troxes?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Can we have blue footed troxes?
    Pink isn't good enough?

Hey if you gonna bin the old source then pls pm it to me mkay

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    This makes it seem like Enno was basically able to do with the Dreamworld Engine, in a long weekend, what would have taken MONTHS (Years?) to do with the Ogre Engine. So, the Devs basically wasted the last 2-3 YEARS trying to prep AO and Ogre to work well together when all they had to do was give the Dreamworld engine to Enno and a couple of other guys, say "Good Luck. We'll call you in SIX months to see how you're doing!", and then wait for them to come back after THREE months and say "We're done!"

Why did we have to wait this long for the new engine, again?
    A large part of making AO use another engine probably was cleaning up the code/structures that connect the game to the rendering engine. Another part would probably to convert models and textures to todays formats. All this work was done in those years and it is not lost.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by mawu View Post
    A large part of making AO use another engine probably was cleaning up the code/structures that connect the game to the rendering engine. Another part would probably to convert models and textures to todays formats. All this work was done in those years and it is not lost.
    Dreamworld is billed as a "game engine" not just a graphics engine which is what Ogre was as far as I'm aware. What exactly is completely entailed in it being a "game engine" I'm not sure. It would seem to involve things that go beyond the simple display of how things look and help them add/change things more easily though. This is something I've heard them complain about in the past, how some small addition/change would take a very long time to do. Now with all this new stuff Enno has been spitting out perhaps that could also mean they'll have an easier time adding other things in general which would be very good news.

Dreamworld is also apparently a new version of the AO "game engine" which supposedly was somewhat sloppy in the early days of AoC and why they went with something else for AO at first. Since then though it supposedly has been fixed up more and runs better.

As for "convert models and textures to todays formats" that as far as I know was not done at all. Faces and I think trees being remade is a more recent thing but from the very early stages they said textures and by extension models would not be touched. The video they spit out about a year and a half ago was made about six months after the announcement that they had started work on a new graphics engine. There wouldn't be time to redo all those textures and such in that time and they did state all of that was not changed. It was just how things looked with the improved and added effects of the old new graphics engine.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678