Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 29th, 2009

Wow, the suit is great, we all loved Ricardo Montalban's greatest sci fi character, Khan from Star Trek. Whomever made the suit suggestion, made a good one. We can't have a "Khan" in game prob because of licensing issues with the ST franchise, but the "Montelban" suit is a great way to give a nod to a legendary actor who passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - Addition and code support of new attractors for character models. (For boots, belts, thighs, calves (calfs?) upper arms and lower arms that will have additional real mesh items to display...ie: A belt component platform you can SEE on your character.)
    Great!
    Thymoglobule - lvl 220 neutral solitus trader on Rimor
    Anarchist of La Troupe

I always knew means was a trox midget...
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Example that filters various variants of 'egpal', 'plox', 'plx', and 'plz':
    /filter clear
    /filter add [pP][lL1][oO0][xX]
    /filter add [pP][lL][xX]
    /filter add [pP][lL][zZ]
    /filter add [eE][- _.]*[gG][- _.]*[pP][- _.]*[aA][- _.]*[lL]
    /filter enable
    As I read it, those will not filter out ploxx, plxx or plzz
    on the other hand I also read it as that is doable with the following:

/filter add [pP][lL1][oO0][xX]*
    /filter add [pP][lL][xX]*
    /filter add [pP][lL][zZ]*

with * meaning "last thing repeated" as I understand it?
    (Converting RDB, so I can not test it myself, I will give you a heads up later about the result on Test)

Another possibility is that it filters everything containing the word out, just as the current naming filter disallows park or scrap as pet names..
    We will see

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

*edit* tested it, and it is like the name filter meaning:
    if you
    /filter add ARK
    /filter add crap
    you will ignore all lines containing pARK and sCRAP

you can also ignore popup link, or people using scripts to colour the (tradechannel) chat (in the org channel colour to distract you).
    to filter out coloured text:
    /filter add font

to filter out popups:
    /filter add text://
    Last edited by ArienSky; May 29th, 2009 at 18:17:13.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Planning began for implementation of the engine. Enno took a few days off to make us some new features between last week and now, including:
    - Specular and reflective textures for character models.
    - Addition and code support of new attractors for character models. (For boots, belts, thighs, calves (calfs?) upper arms and lower arms that will have additional real mesh items to display...ie: A belt component platform you can SEE on your character.)
    Small little thing, but what about display of neck items so you can show things like All-Match Augmented Bow Tie or Collar of Amplification?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Other Work:

This week was also consumed with finishing up some of the goodies for this years birthday. Thanks to the player who suggested that "Serenity Island" wouldn't be complete without some kind of "Montelban" style suit. (see the attatched image!)
    Haha, awesome, that was Zeephonz!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Add this please.

Balancing Efforts

Some criticism (understatement) has been made concerning the "band-aid" style fixes to some professions. Keep in mind some of these changes ARE temporary while we work out the larger issues of retooling all specials and healing. A temporary fix means that the most affected professions can perform adequately while we make more significant changes without having to wait until we are done to be effective. Slapping an AS weapon on everyone is not the current team's idea of balance...big changes are necessary. We know and we are working on it.
    Well. I guess that makes it "acceptable" then. Clear enough statement to refer any future trolls to.

You could have posted something about that a little earlier though, or are you one of the forumtrolls amongst us getting massive laughs from the threads?

Still, for the record, boo at AS.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Balancing Efforts

Some criticism (understatement) has been made concerning the "band-aid" style fixes to some professions. Keep in mind some of these changes ARE temporary while we work out the larger issues of retooling all specials and healing. A temporary fix means that the most affected professions can perform adequately while we make more significant changes without having to wait until we are done to be effective. Slapping an AS weapon on everyone is not the current team's idea of balance...big changes are necessary. We know and we are working on it.
    Cool update, but this seems like a bit of an understatement.

At least it's clearer than Silirrion's previous gems about changes though.

P.S. Didn't know that omgwtfrape 80% check perks were "adequate"
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

No more questions and answers with Friday with Menas?

I'd like to ask if something is still planned for neutral balance or was it swept under the rug already?

And what about agents, do you even know we exist anymore?

Another thing, it feels like funcom staff is not reading the suggestions some people do for the profession balance act, feels like writhing a little essay each time you want to communicate with funcom a worthless effort, better to "bait" Menas into answering with whines than with actual arguments.

And I'm not going to play fanboy like the rest of the idiots in these threads like to act like, I'm very dissapointed in funcom.

Funcom is doing 2 new MMORPGs one to be played at your browser and another java-based. Stupid little MMORPGs to attract teenagers and the kind of people that play MMORPGs in thier browser

The thing about it is that each one of those other games has more coders and staff than ****ing Anarchy Online has.

This is a slap in the face to us and I tell you I have no hope for Anarchy Online to ever be what you all predict it will be, seems like the company, funcom, has forgotten about AO and left only a handful of people to entertain us with more and more "luxury departments", social clothes, and band aids with their attached "it's only temporary note" in every one of your patchs.

The development of AO in the things that matter are going slow as hell, and I don't think I'll stay 2 more years to see the new AO engine, you give false hope by telling us about this incoming "prof balancing act" while you put forth more and more OP stuff and band aids that will need to be balanced anyway.

Either balance the professions already or stop giving band aids, and OP stuff to everyone.

And by the way, this game doesn't need more luxury departments, nor social clothes nor new bikes or that worthless entertaining, fire your artistic staff and bring some Chinese code monkeys to do what's needed, AO staff need to straight up their priorities if you want people to stay while there are other games out there making serious games and doing it with a serious staff.

Sorry for ruining your "hail X party" but there are some points that need to be addressed.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Crat360 View Post
    IMO the SL instance shouldn't be level 150, will just add something else to do before the jump to 174/210, after you have done LE.
    Put it between 150-210 so there is something else to do on the grind.
    The instance is intended to be a good place to gain some levels between 150 and 200, not just at level 150.

<a href="text://<a href='chatcmd:///filter add .*'>and me</a>">dont click me!</a>

;D ;D ;D
    Last edited by Graftmage; May 29th, 2009 at 18:29:20.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The instance is intended to be a good place to gain some levels between 150 and 200, not just at level 150.
    I love you!
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Planning began for implementation of the engine. Enno took a few days off to make us some new features between last week and now, including:
    - Specular and reflective textures for character models.
    omg *Boing!*

so there are a lot of items in the game that dont show up, will this be a selective process? or will you guys be going back and adding mesh to all the older items as well?

it would be a lot of work probably but it would be great, and i can't wait to see what the flesh pads from totw look like.

also dont forget the bracers and rings, oh and will their also be a social slot added for rings and belt? currently you can put rings in left/right hand but then you can't wield a social weapon because it shares the same slots.

maybe could open the door for some social neckless and rings, i want thick gold chains and huge diamond rings (which btw can already be made with SL gem (diamond)).. dont forget the pimp hat :P

seriously im excited to see what develops with this.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I love you!
    Ey, get away! He is mine!

Big thumbs up for SL dungeon where people can level 150 and up. Very nice. I might actually level my 5000 tl5 alts beyond that level range finally
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Everyone's going to have the same belts

I hope slapping AS on everything isnt your plan lol
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Can we get bigger crit on new onehander plz

xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Can we get Atrox Breads? After all pie can only go so far...

Nice suits, nice to hear on the balancing act, and it is good to hear that some of the invisible items in game will be getting some attention. I know for example, that necklaces show up on female characters in AoC but not on male characters.

I popped on AoC yesterday and it was rather funny when I mentioned in global that AO was getting AoC's engine and linked to your FWM. Seems quite a few people are ready to renew their subs from there.
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; May 29th, 2009 at 19:17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    @Means

Get a yellow post-it note. Write "Don't forget to remove the extruder-bar access before patching it on live!"

Then put it somewhere you will see it several times a day.

Please don't forget!
    Nope...

Make using the nutrition bar on the door spawn a boosted Ian Warr (bouncer for apartment complex ofc) and wtfpwn whoever tries to access it illegitimately :O
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I actually hate the thought of visual belts, bracers, etc. on our characters who already mostly have mismatched armor sets. Especially if the visual textures of these items are going to look similar to their icons...most of them will look like crap with certain armor sets.

Quit trying to add fluff to the new engine and just get it done.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegerseele View Post
    I actually hate the thought of visual belts, bracers, etc. on our characters who already mostly have mismatched armor sets. Especially if the visual textures of these items are going to look similar to their icons...most of them will look like crap with certain armor sets.

Quit trying to add fluff to the new engine and just get it done.
    Totally disagree. AoC has "real items" not painted on textures. This means that after the engine is in place and items start getting overhauled they should be made in to real physical meshes not just more sloppy out dated textures. That "fluff" as you call it is what will attract and keep new players attention.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast