Advy vs Trader=

Trader divests Advy, advy cant heal, advy dies

Advy vs Soldier=

Soldier hits Advy with fling/burst/FA/regular, advy dies

Advy vs Fixer=

Advy cannot hit Fixer, advy eventually runs out of nano and dies

HELP!

Yes, Adv can PvP

Adv can be Formidable in PvP. Healing, Dmg shields , etc it's a good combo.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Ask Patk9. He is pretty good adv at pvp. Dropped this doc in camelot in less than 10 seconds in 1 vs 1 duel.

Emiko... for high level pvp you will need some equipment
    Specialy since your nanomage adventurer.
    Decrainum MKII armor..
    1k Token board.
    Max Heath Implants...
    Essence (dont let anyone fool you by saying their self buffed their not)
    RRFE
    That will take care of your one hit Deaths.

Now as far as Your weapon layout goes..
    Pistols check against Dodge ranged you will need something that checks against duck explosives. Vulture or Missle pistol will do.
    Crit scope... (Get as big of one as you can bargain for, The big title huggers use 15% llt's.)

Things you can expect.Most can be countered with high nano resist.
    Trader Ransacks. (no real way around it just hope you can bunker)
    Metaphsysist nano shutdown... (not to bad just go for the meta's throat before their pets can get you).

Soldier Alpha and swap + Tms (Go full defensive and wait for the alpha the swap then the tms to go up... healing the whole time of course... Then when that sheild goes down Own them).

Normal fixer aka pre 14.4 Hots, Roots, ensnares, Oh my ( Ouch, ouch, ouch, Just be glad you can outdamage them.)

Phixxxors Aka post 14.4 twinks with grid armor (dont bother you cant hit them).

Crats.. Go for the throat baby.

Engies ... See above crat.

Agents.. Get ready for some pain... They will do a couple realy quick crits to knock you out, but if you can survive that you should be ok.

Adventurers... sparow form (This will knock you out of combat mode for a second and can be chain casted).

MA's CRIT CRIT CRIT HEAL HEAL HEAL (DOnt bother you'll get one to like 40% health and die yourself from shen/dimach combo, or worse the claw bug where you have alot less health than you see).

Doctors CH (yea they will most likely be running HE and libraries of jobe) keep them in reet form and pound on them..

NT's Beware the ones that look like enforcers They hurt... go for the throat

Enforcers.. be prepared for a long drawn out. fight.
    hope this helps.
    Last edited by AkodoReign; Sep 30th, 2002 at 08:34:36.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Don't underestimate the MP my friend
    If played right, an MP is a whirlwind of damage. You got so many things happenning at once, you're not sure who to hit or how to do it. it's confusing to say the least. Not to mention the combination of energy damage (nukes), melee damage (pet) and (put away the x3) something like a chem mausser or sol and you have three damage types to deal with.

Yeah, definitely go for the MP's throat. I'm wondering if adv calms work on the heal pet, as the heal pet is not in combat...if you you have an advantage there if you're fast enough.

Only adv that really stands a chance is one that uses a ranged attack with some good specials. A strong alpha or disabling the heal pet is the only thing that kills an mp....except for...drumroll...

900+ nano resist! you'll resist everything we have and you can simply move in for the kill. And don't believe what they say about not being self buffed. All of my fights ive been self buffed

MPs are gimpy, but we have so many tricks. I've found the best way to fight and adv is to just slam nuke after nuke. The pet is doing good damage too, but the nukes are what does it. I dfon't even bother with nanoshutdown anymore. just dominate biomet for a fast -120, stack it with mind quake for another -100 and lay on the nukes. If my hp starts going down I stun and move to the other side of the arena, let the pet heal me, hit the first aid stim and go back to it.

But the MA....good god the MA. I couldn't understand why, as an MP, it was so easy to kill and enforcer but not an MA. What magic did those pajama wearing freaks have that nobody else did? So I rolled up another MA and decided to twink him all to hell. He's at lvl 128 now and the damage he dishes is ridiculous. WAY too powerful. I'm not asking for a nerf, but please bring other classes to the level of the MA sometime soon. In smuggler's den, I was teamed with lvl 180+ folks and held quite a bit of aggro. No, most of the aggro. 8% crit scope, 19% lma and a 910 attack rating, yet I was critting 75% of the time, same with missions.
    Okay, im getting off subject.....

Adv vs. enforcer is a hella cool fight. I used to pit my old adv against my enforcer buddy last year and it was like a 50% win, 50% loss (although we were also complete noobs back then too). But yeah, he had it right when he said to grab a gun that checks against duck explosions. the swords just dont seem to have that little alpha oomph that's needed in pvp and melee adventurers usually drop like rocks. But get a good ranged weap with some specials and combine it with your excellent damage shields and healing powers and you have a force to be reckoned with!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Or you could just fight me....I'd be so busy grabbing for your feet that you'd kill me without too much trouble. Removing your shoe and revealing those sexy gray toes would act like a high QL calm/init debuff.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

ok deacon you can have one ill take the other.. Grrr I dont like to share but im not going to win so a draw will be fine.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Don't do reetform on others though, its seen as harassment and is illegal to do (grieving)

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: Advys on PvP

Originally posted by Emiko
    Can advys do pVp?
    I dont see it

Advy vs Trader=

Trader divests Advy, advy cant heal, advy dies

HELP!
    I so sick of people posting crap like this. Everyone just assumes (and we all know what assume means) that a trader can kill anyone.

I have fought a few advs with my trader and have had a few kill me. 1 adv I fought went full Defense and thier dmg shield alone killed me, another resisted 4 plunders in a row which ate up all my nano while giving them plenty of time to beat me down.

And I'm talking about high lvl pvp 150+, so the answer to your Qes is yes adv are a good choice, only if you learn how to play your chr right. Which the biggest problem with pvp is people just think because they are good in pvm they should kick butt in pvp, wrong if your not well equiped and have no clue about strs and weakness of all prfs includeing yours you will die.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Now as far as Your weapon layout goes..
    Pistols check against Dodge ranged you will need something that checks against duck explosives. Vulture or Missle pistol will do.
    "Everyone" have all 3 evades maxed at higher lvl and many can use more imps for duck than for the other evades...

I think I have like 920 duck and around 850 in the others (depending abit if I use runbuff or RI, but still same diffrence)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Very good input thankyou! Wow, this defintely gets me on the right track..See. i didnt want tostart a character in every professionthough obviously its the only REAL way to totally understand a profession.

Hence, i decided to jouirney in to the realms of PVP

Alot of cutting and sound advice in here.. you can be sure I'll read it all thru and practice alot.

Deacon, you're on.. let's do some 50% pvp in the arena some time soon.

There are tons of different ways you can look at pvp for being an adv. If you use swords and you have all the ne 1he buffs and whatnot, dueling is for you. I use a nova, and I have all my fun in 2ho and camelot. I'm Apprentice now btw!

Get a Hardcore CPU Upgrade

Trader: Get rrfe, essence, hot...then maybe, if they aren't buffed to hell too...or you get lucky and counter one of their debuffs with your amazing 600-700 NR :\ (Yes on full def too)

Metaphysicist: If you have max NR you can fight on full def to try to resist NSD...get a root graft for the pets if you like.

Soldier: Beat on em till they TMS, then stop attacking, sit on full def and heal while they take shots from your dmg shield, when TMS drops if they haven't zoned they should be fairly easy to kill.

Fixer Non-GA: They don't do all that much dmg but you probably won't kill them, unless they fumble RGJ a few times

Fixer w/GA: Sit on full def and let your dmg shield + specials do the work, and if you don't have good specials you'll have a bit of a hard time here

Crat: Same as MP

Engi: Same as MP

Agent: Most I've fought haven't done much dmg past their 100% crit, so if you survive that you shouldn't be too bad off.

Adventurer: Just hope you do more dmg

MA: They do a lot of dmg so root graft and/or run away a little to heal if you need.

Doctor: Hope they don't have HE/Jobe, put on a Recompiler to (kinda) counteract the init debuff and hope your nanopool outlasts theirs.

NT: Get some lower QL heals ready because of Crown of Frost If they have NS, set full def while its up.

Enforcer: Heal like mad Again hope your nanopool outlasts theirs (not as hard as doc obviously )
    Yagyu for life

Fighting Enforcers is easier now then before since you get those nice 1he weapons and Buffs Using different forms for different tasks, nice heals etc.

Last time I fought patk9 was in mmd, I think we both agreed to a self buffed fight, I spent half of the time Raged up running away form him waiting for mongo to heal me up, come back with my alpha ready just to watch is hp ...heal up to full...for..3mins :P
    bang bang bang, at last his hp drops..rises again! drops, Rises, Drops, Rises, HALF HP! *gets blinded by some big red flare* that was a adv ch? *gah* omg. youve turned into a panther, oh..heals....

( any adv used that dragon mongo thing in pvp yet? ) yes I know level req and skill req ? )
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Nahh regardless of KoT pitlizard is still complete junk.
    Yagyu for life

Talking advs rock in duels

advs are pretty good in duels especially at hi lvls, as for multi pvp unless your ranged its gonna be hard. i prefer to stay away from multi pvp but that also may have something to do with that i lag like crazy when anymore that a couple people are engaged in fighting....

problem

If your wondering what your main problem was whoever started this thread I think i read somewhere you were nanomage...You would have to get real high lvl so you dont die to alpha strike and mod hp best you can. Im solitus and I think im succesfull but there are people that can still beat me. So I dont know much about nanomage but the hp must be a drag...
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

hmm, Patk9 at level 163 Ive got around 4500 hitpoints unbuffed,l and ya it goes down fast.