Thread: [ALL] OTPC: Rioting in Borealis prompts a response by Administrator Lonare

[ALL] OTPC: Rioting in Borealis prompts a response by Administrator Lonare

[ALL] OTPC: Rioting in Borealis prompts a response by Administrator Lonare
    May 23, 29483 - [Global]

OTPC - April 19, 29483 - [Global]

Recent outbreaks of violence by malcontents in Borealis have prompted an official statement from Omni-Admin's administrator for Borealis, Jessica Lonare.

The administrator was placed in control of Omni-Tek's interests in Borealis several years ago after the company assumed control of the city following a period of severe violence instigated by the city's suppression generators failing completely. Since then, she has worked to make Borealis an example of the benefits Omni-Tek can bring to the neutral territories. Her controversial decision to allow free trade among even the Clans within the city limits was met with some scepticism, however it has proven to be an investment which has paid off. And her recent attempts to open closer relations with groups such as the Newland council show her working tirelessly to show the population the benefits of co-operation with Omni-Tek in all aspects of business and life. However, the behaviour of some terrorist groups to undo everything she has achieved has prompted harsh criticisms from her.

"As administrator for the city of Borealis, and the person responsible for the well-being of the entire population, as well as the city's current economic success, it dismays and even angers me to see some groups still hope to destroy everything Omni-Tek has accomplished for the people here. While they have been seen as little more than a nuisance, and I have repeatedly refused recommendations on harsher ways to deal with these terrorists, such as deployment of Unicorn forces to the city, this latest act - siezing control of the city's communications systems - shows these people for what they are. anarchists with no concern for the lives and welfare of those they claim to represent. Disruption of key systems costs the city massively in terms of the incomes of its people and in lives, as vital medical systems are also affected. Make no mistake, this behaviour will NOT go unpunished. Already, we are making inroads to co-operate with the civilised, forward thinking majority among the neutral populace in order to leave no refuges for this group. Newland have already issued a statement to us that they will provide no protection to them, and we trust the Newland Militia will follow through on this claim, assisting us in bringing those responsible for these attacks to justice should they attempt to seek shelter in Newland.

Should anyone know or suspect someone of being a part of this goup, or of offering assistance to them, it is your duty to report this at once to law enforcement. Borealis is successful because of the equality and freedoms shared by everyone here. When someone seeks to abuse those freedoms to infringe upon those of others, it is our duty to act, to protect the population."

The administrator is believed to be planning further meetings soon with neutral leaders where she is expected, following this attack, to suggest a plan for pooling resources to combat the threats posed by terrorist groups like this, as well as organised crime syndicates, to the mutual interests of the company and to neutral traders and civilians.

Heh, this is quite desperate.
    What they fail to mention that in the several years since they began their occupation the city has begun to fall into disrepair, and that they themselves have not fixed the supression gas generators, or got new ones installed. Great Job! Not only that but Omni-Tek operatives have in the past been known to use devices to call in Kyr'Ozch attacks on the city.
    The occupying forces have also in the past been known to be heavy handed in their breaking up of protests, deploying multiple Omni-Pol Juggernauts to quell any "public disorder".
    Last edited by Lasliana; May 23rd, 2009 at 20:28:53.

lasliana as usual lot of word but no action..

I'd like to see the "administrator" deliver on and back up with evidence her promises and claims. We'll see, when we officially meet with her.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Someone should totally blow her up. Y'know, send her a message like we did in the old days.

Oh right... heh.
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    Heh, this is quite desperate.
    What they fail to mention that in the several years since they began their occupation the city has begun to fall into disrepair, and that they themselves have not fixed the supression gas generators, or got new ones installed. Great Job! Not only that but Omni-Tek operatives have in the past been known to use devices to call in Kyr'Ozch attacks on the city.
    The occupying forces have also in the past been known to be heavy handed in their breaking up of protests, deploying multiple Omni-Pol Juggernauts to quell any "public disorder".
    Dont forget who you owe your existence....
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

My parents. Neutrals. Not Omni-Tek, nor the Clans.

My parents. Neutrals. Not Omni-Tek, nor the Clans.
    If i where you i would choose my words more wisely, you only exist because we let you...
    Messiah has spoken.

Wrong. Unless your telling me Omni-Tek is planning a campaign of genocide on the neutral population, instead of fighting the "good fight" with the clans. And if that were to happen you would find alot of us would not go quietly.
    Leave us alone whilst you go off and fight your little war, then we can talk about us after. Until then be more careful with what you say.

Wrong. Unless your telling me Omni-Tek is planning a campaign of genocide on the neutral population, instead of fighting the "good fight" with the clans. And if that were to happen you would find alot of us would not go quietly.
    Leave us alone whilst you go off and fight your little war, then we can talk about us after. Until then be more careful with what you say.
    I will be careful with what i say when you stop acting like the clan scum you are after having been purged for this planet once and for all! "Third Faction" calls itself neutral but in my eyes yours just another clan crying for "freedom" and opposing us every chance you get, yes we will fight the clans, all clans, independent on if they label themselves as a clan or a neutral, for they are still clans, you and your pathetic "Third Faction" terrorist group included!
    Messiah has spoken.

If you didn't get the note, neutrals and clans is pretty much the same thing.
    To use Zoras words, you should save us the trouble and shoot yourselves or ask the nearest Unicorn officer to do so.
    Don't think that your so-called neutral staus makes you more special than any other clanner
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

I dont know how many times I have to say this but I am Neutral, Third Faction is Neutral, do not class us as Clanners, we are not.
    All we want is to be left alone and not made targets. Omni-Tek is currently running Borealis into the ground. And all you keep yammering on about is how your making so much good progress? look at my previous statements, I'm not making anything up.
    OMNI-TEK IS FAILING BOREALIS!
    Get it into your thick skulls.
    Three years have passed and you can't even fix the bloody suppression gas systems, something tells me there's alot of incompetance within Omni-Tek to allow this state to continue for so long. If Borealis was still ran by neutrals it would have been fixed years ago.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Jun 13th, 2009 at 19:00:15.

I dunno if it ever occured to you but with the lower suppresion gas the city income has been twice if not three times higher than when you neutrals were in charge.
    The Red Brotherhood

How do you arrive at that conclusion and where's your proof? Wait you don't have any, great job.
    Omni-Tek and the current Borealis administration have not released any figures pertaining to income and revinues from Borealis. And if they are so high, how come the city hasnt seen any benefit?

You all talk of Borealis being in a better state, it isn't take off your rose tinted Omni glasses, see and smell the dirt when you enter the city.

How do you arrive at that conclusion and where's your proof? Wait you don't have any, great job.
    Omni-Tek and the current Borealis administration have not released any figures pertaining to income and revinues from Borealis. And if they are so high, how come the city hasnt seen any benefit?

You all talk of Borealis being in a better state, it isn't take off your rose tinted Omni glasses, see and smell the dirt when you enter the city.
    We do see the filth, you're hard to miss....
    Last edited by Rktim; Jun 14th, 2009 at 01:44:03.
    Messiah has spoken.

OMNI-TEK IS FAILING BOREALIS!
    Now you do the math on what I'm thinking right now...
    The Red Brotherhood

Not only that but Omni-Tek operatives have in the past been known to use devices to call in Kyr'Ozch attacks on the city.
    Wait, we can do that?

And we're not having the aliens target Tir or Athen?

Someone want to explain to me why?
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

*sigh*

Children.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by LLJKTonitrum View Post
    Wait, we can do that?

If I was to guess, I'd say it's because certain people prefer not to launch another alien massacre on civilian populations. As for their motives to hold back, I suppose it can scale from Public Relations considerations all the way to ethics.

But as I said, that's just a guess. Right, just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LLJKTonitrum View Post
    Wait, we can do that?

I asked, but knowing which division did that, I'd have a better chance asking a leet why he crossed the road. Mentioning PR it was sure convenient to ask the ICC to move the troops in once the city began unsafe.

From Omni Tek, Borealis is full of half truth and nicknames, au lieu of a dismissal of Jessica Lonare I'd like to call the situation to what it is : A seizing of the offworld communications no matter the cost on the city.

Far from to see conflict with you or the so grand administrator, too late for that, but as the show isn't effective, we'll all talk better with the same language.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jun 26th, 2009 at 07:20:01.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S