Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cryday with Means - May 15th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    shadowgod, did you copy your statement from a thread about the patch where the Tigress was introduced?
    lol woah, sick burn. A++ would recommend.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm518 View Post

THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST WAVE OF PROFESSION BALANCES! While agents werent included i think we can expect them to be the top of the list in 18.2 I have yet to see 2hb because i cant transfer my enf to test live. Where i would LOVE the chance to check out the new stuff.

Please everyone know that profession balancing will take MONTHS if not the rest of the year. And please be patient while it happens.
    Judging the "first wave" I expect AO to disappear in tsunami pretty soon.

I am liking what I am seeing but still have yet to see anything that will get me to come back into game. Till then I am PVPing in EVE Online... where its more fun.

Things to make me Reup
    1.The Wife forces me to so I play with her.
    2.PVP Fixes and Ballances
    3.Grind Reduction.. the game should be about social/doing not grinding. One of the things in EVE I like is that combat is exciting. In AO I fight to grind. In EVE the combat is the climactic peak of activity after a long buildup. Not having to grind 500 Inf missions repetativly or even really just bash rocks over and over again is a far superior means of game play. I love the PVP, I love the PVE encounters.. i like the pacing.. and I like it that my character progresses even when I am not playing. That leaves me free to do exciting IRL stuff, like party, go shooting, go for a nice jog...... If there is one thing AO needs is a bashem reduction. Combat should be short and grueling requiring reflexes, gear, skills, and understanding not a mindless bash 10000000 dumb as rock AI mobs to get to top level. At the very least find a way to make it more varied. Right now its so unvaried Means its abnoxious. Nothing wrong with bashing your way up in levels if the fights are short and get my adreneline pumping. I want each fight to be an exciting encouter. I want the rest of hte focus social/market (make it more player driven. 100% player driven for all gear would rock)/ and PVP. That way its purely selective what I do. Mobs with massive HP bars are boredom incarnate. Make damage type matter. Force us to have to swap weapons and gear and enhancement items depending on the fight. Make mobs work in teams to out flank, out team work, and plain old give the players a strong challenge.... see Sleepers in EVE. There are alot of details here that are obvious. You need to make ACs matter and AC types matter.. ALOT of MATTERING. You need holes, you need hardeners, you need drains. Make all debuffs matter in the right context. Give mobs removers. Give mobs AC drains (not just special mobs). Make mobs HELP eachother not just sit in rooms waiting to be killed by players.

Imagine a mission where you have to hack the entrance just to get in. DO it right with a good fixer who has to do a mini hacking fight in a virtual world. Do it wrong and still good enough to get the door open and the alarm sounds and certain mobs who are guards on patrols respond with more mobs spawning in certain areas to defend key points. Make the missions about 2x the size of a low level solo mission.. make key defense choke points the players have to get through. Make it fast paced (take too long after the alarm sounds and EVEN MORE (overwhelming forces). Players are under the gun. Make it so that stealth teams can complete the mission and get full reward not from mobs killed but for being what they are, stealthy. Mission completion is when players return to Mission Central and return the item or proof of mission complete. How well they do should be decided by a number of factors.. if its stealth entry and they get alarmed then they get reduced reward for blowin a covert op. make missions more than just about indoors areas with a limited number of gated (invisible walled) areas that require a mission key to do but are "outdoors". These Combat or Strategic Missions involve blowinng up key structures or eliminating the defenders and reprogramming the Reclaim pads to prevent warp in by planting blocking devices. These could even be raid like missions. Really big ones take 6 teams and to make it better the HUGE Strategic missions areas play global alerts to both sides where sided members can sign up to enter the fight so its PVMVP Players can plant rouge reclaim pads to be used to warp in NPC support. The base would be walled and a have a gate that requires x damage or fixer hacking. Has APTs and AVTs on the wall. Make it exciting.

4. Sorta like the above... make the game MORE exciting! Less STATIC more DYNAMIC. MAKE IT DYNAMIC DAMN it.. D Y N A M I C. Player actions should matter. Player missions should matter. Players should be able to get loyalty points and rep with various sided factions on RK by doing missions for them. Lets make this game interesting. Lets have power plays between factions on sides on RK. Lets make this hot, busy, and exciting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

That vehicle looks like it needs a crat only requirement ^^
    No seriously, crats deserve an elite way of transportation and they don't even get meeps like traders, docs and NTs
    WTB nano summon limo
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    Bump that

Make it feel like the original movies teased it would be, hah!
    Last edited by Esproc; May 16th, 2009 at 00:53:04.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    The Appartment looks nices like a spanish hazienta

The Car has a touch of ZZ-Top style
    QFT and rocking nice pics...

me

want

now
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Did an instanced pande run (well, 3 actually). Eventually made it almost to TNH with no docs or enf's and a 9 person team. Looks like mobs are same as in non-instanced pande. Same damage, same respawn rate. Challenging but very doable, 4 hour lock once a Zod is dropped.
    I am Dagget

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    lol woah, sick burn. A++ would recommend.
    and sadly, he fizzled.

tigress should have never existed. many MPs know this, many non-MP know this. we even have a dev that knows this.

and yet, someone in a drunken rage decided to encourage AS Online, and release yet another stupid item in the game that will only help to unbalance the game, not balance it.

i'll give FC a ++ for finding a way to screw up what could have been a great patch tho.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    No seriously, crats deserve an elite way of transportation and they don't even get meeps like traders, docs and NTs
    WTB nano summon limo
    If anything it should be a fixer only requirement; they're the gangster/mafia kingpins after all. (I'm NOT serious about giving it a profesion lock, for those reading who have had their brains replaced with raw ham.)

Loving the idea about a limo for 'crats though
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

All i would like from Means is an explanation for the JEPP being pushed aside yet again in favor of a rather unbalancing AS pistol...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

cryday.... classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    WTB nano summon limo
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    If anything it should be a fixer only requirement; they're the gangster/mafia kingpins after all. (I'm NOT serious about giving it a profesion lock, for those reading who have had their brains replaced with raw ham.)

Loving the idea about a limo for 'crats though
    Should have a 'Professional only' requirement on it

And yeah, I'm biased
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    and yet, someone in a drunken rage decided to encourage AS Online, and release yet another stupid item in the game that will only help to unbalance the game, not balance it.
    Well, we know who that "someone" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    All i would like from Means is an explanation for the JEPP being pushed aside yet again in favor of a rather unbalancing AS pistol...
    I asked Means about that earlier on testlive. I was told to speak to Genele, the dev responsible for it, so I did. I was told:

"Because adventurer got only one pistol that supports full auto. And aimed shot fits much better with the adventurer toolset." and "you dont have any buffs not perks or anything else that fits with the full auto."

I tried to explain that the majority of ranged adventurers would prefer FA support (as I feel is quite clearly evident by the many posts about advy pistols in the adventurer forums, page after page of suggestions and discussion in the "adventurer pistols" thread in game suggestions and the feedback posted to the 18.1 forum so far). Additionally, we've had an adventurer FA pistol for over 5 years but a total of 0 advy AS pistols since, well, ever. So in that regard FA fits *much* better in our toolset than AS does. However I got the impression that despite all this she couldn't care less, unfortunately

As for the AS pistol - I was basically told it's a replacement for the onehander. I was asked if I used the onehander, but I reset AS some time ago so I replied that I don't and was told "most ranged aventurers do" and "we dont like the onehander. it is ugly. its old and we cant make anything better than it without making a new gun". Sounds to me that FC (well, Genele) doesn't understand (or care) that people use AS pretty much because they have to, because their other tools are insufficient. Ranged adventurers use AS more in PvP because we don't have enough FA & AAO to make FA reliable enough whereas AS is a guaranteed hit. Even so, most ranged advies swap to use both FA and AS in the hope that FA will at least do *some* damage.

This whole "no band-aid fix" thing reminds me a lot of Gaute's infamous "there will be no camping in the shadowlands" quote.
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Oppopji View Post
    I asked Means about that earlier on testlive. I was told to speak to Genele, the dev responsible for it, so I did. I was told:

"Because adventurer got only one pistol that supports full auto. And aimed shot fits much better with the adventurer toolset." and "you dont have any buffs not perks or anything else that fits with the full auto."

I tried to explain that the majority of ranged adventurers would prefer FA support (as I feel is quite clearly evident by the many posts about advy pistols in the adventurer forums, page after page of suggestions and discussion in the "adventurer pistols" thread in game suggestions and the feedback posted to the 18.1 forum so far). Additionally, we've had an adventurer FA pistol for over 5 years but a total of 0 advy AS pistols since, well, ever. So in that regard FA fits *much* better in our toolset than AS does. However I got the impression that despite all this she couldn't care less, unfortunately

As for the AS pistol - I was basically told it's a replacement for the onehander. I was asked if I used the onehander, but I reset AS some time ago so I replied that I don't and was told "most ranged aventurers do" and "we dont like the onehander. it is ugly. its old and we cant make anything better than it without making a new gun". Sounds to me that FC (well, Genele) doesn't understand (or care) that people use AS pretty much because they have to, because their other tools are insufficient. Ranged adventurers use AS more in PvP because we don't have enough FA & AAO to make FA reliable enough whereas AS is a guaranteed hit. Even so, most ranged advies swap to use both FA and AS in the hope that FA will at least do *some* damage.

This whole "no band-aid fix" thing reminds me a lot of Gaute's infamous "there will be no camping in the shadowlands" quote.
    AIMEDSHOT ONLINE.. didnt you get the memo?
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

4. Sorta like the above... make the game MORE exciting! Less STATIC more DYNAMIC. MAKE IT DYNAMIC DAMN it.. D Y N A M I C. Player actions should matter. Player missions should matter. Players should be able to get loyalty points and rep with various sided factions on RK by doing missions for them. Lets make this game interesting. Lets have power plays between factions on sides on RK. Lets make this hot, busy, and exciting again.
    i agree, this game is to static, infact i was gone for about a year and the game other then new gear is exactly the same, nothin changes.

i made a suggestion long ago around the time the unicorns showed up in bor, there should be a once a week "city raid" it involved an administrator/mayor or what ever so it was a blend of pvm and pvp with the victor gaining control of the shops and changing of the guard.. making the world more dynamic.. no longer can you hum along it's "who's in control of this or that city" make the "war" between omni and the clans actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    and sadly, he fizzled.

tigress should have never existed. many MPs know this, many non-MP know this. we even have a dev that knows this.

i'll give FC a ++ for finding a way to screw up what could have been a great patch tho.
    sorry shadow but you're wrong.

i used bow when i started out as a mp.. you know why? AS baby, AS this was long long before LE, go look up my char on auno.. i ended up switching know why? it was slow slow slow.. was'nt any bows that was both good DD and quick enough without going full agg.

i dont know what weapon set you used, but mp's have had a relationship with bow for a long time infact we was at one time the primary bow users.. few MA's would use one other then to pop off a AS real quick.

so if you think bow and AS became part of the mp's weapon set with the advent of the tigress.. you sir are ignorant to the weapon selection of mp's.

all the tigress did was give a viable option for dd outside of a "throw away AS" in pvp, it can be used in PvM and still provide good dd, thats the difference.

with that said i do agree that AS is not a quick fix to all the games woes, so that much we'll agree on
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    sorry shadow but you're wrong.

i used bow when i started out as a mp.. you know why? AS baby, AS this was long long before LE, go look up my char on auno.. i ended up switching know why? it was slow slow slow.. was'nt any bows that was both good DD and quick enough without going full agg.

i dont know what weapon set you used, but mp's have had a relationship with bow for a long time infact we was at one time the primary bow users.. few MA's would use one other then to pop off a AS real quick.

so if you think bow and AS became part of the mp's weapon set with the advent of the tigress.. you sir are ignorant to the weapon selection of mp's.

all the tigress did was give a viable option for dd outside of a "throw away AS" in pvp, it can be used in PvM and still provide good dd, thats the difference.

with that said i do agree that AS is not a quick fix to all the games woes, so that much we'll agree on
    i'm just going to say outright, who are you talking to, cause it sure aint me.

besides the fact, i was most likely using bow before you even thought about playing an MP.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Honestly i can say that Tigress is far better than any rifle out there, the damage trumps the best rifle and even have higher crit, true your not as efficient with it, but isnt that the point? Shouldnt your weapon as a support proffession be less then mine(agent) as an artillery proffession, considering your damage is suppose to come from pets? Seem odd that agents get shoveled crap rifles with tiny crit modifiers and they hand MP's a roflstompskin Bow. I would lick a devs dirty feet for a week for the damage on the tigress. Granted yeah you have to implant AS, its your choice to sacrifice symbs to do so, and i agree if you make that sacrifice you have a right to AS, but honestly can you sit here and tell me that any proffession besides agent should be able to cap recycle time on AS? Giving traders AS was enough of a slap in the face, then to top it off MP's get a better weapon than us and can cap to 11 sec AS and do considerable damage with it. They need to put AS skill back where it belongs, reduce the multipliers and cap times so only agents can efficiently cap it at 11 seconds, and atleast make our damage template 25% better than other users. While your at it how about a rifle with a nice crit modifier like weve been asking for forever, the tigress has better crit than our rifles.

/FLAME SHIELD ACTIVATED

bump too, I would like to play more, grind less.

Great apartment ¿can i give key to "friends"?

oh, and MPs use tigress because its a great DD aka PvM weapon, not because of AS.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast