Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cryday with Means - May 15th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    Nice looking anarchy-mobile, sweet update Means keep up the good work FC!
    the greatness of this patch has been totally null and voided by some stupid piece of AS garbage added to the database.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

shadowgod, did you copy your statement from a thread about the patch where the Tigress was introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    shadowgod, did you copy your statement from a thread about the patch where the Tigress was introduced?
    yes.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

/me hands means a box of Kleenex

Looks good so far Means, at first I thought the engines on that gangster car were forward mounted machine guns. Alas they are but rear mounted jet engines.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    Though im waiting for the "oh and we killed aimed shot with the nerf stick" justification before i strt to question your sanity on a serious level.
    Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    PS. Just to get rid of any confusion:
    The vehicle(the Charon) is a nano, not a perk.
    AOID 281570 is an item, but it is just the "crystal" to upload the nano for the Charon..
    "Name = UploadNano Target = Wearer TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0 : 281569 "
    Ah, I meant perk in the literal "bonus" sense, not the in-game ability sense But thanks for clarifying everything!
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

When I saw the title I just imagined AO running, using CryEngine 2 hehe

I am going to do drive-bys in that new vehicle.

HAts off.. the new vihicle and apartment (to me) show a smoth updated feel to the game, and hope the new engine will emualte that for the environment. That may bring back the old (and some new) players to the game... WTB some Advertising!!!!

~cough~ BLUNT ~cough~
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    <snip>
    I'm certain you guys will have a great time ripping through the new database.

Have a great weekend!
    Already have, ty for the hard work Means & Co Hope you have a good one too

Btw, I've been on test & played with the new 2HB perks, they're spot on. Thank you!
    /bow

<3 the jump-spin-whack animation on Seismic Smash ... a big *CRACK* noise would finish it off beautifully
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Thanks for the updates on all the new features about to be implemented! The orbital apartment & Charon look great!

Does the panic at the start of the post mean that testlive is now on the new host?

Speaking of TestLive, could you let someone in charge of the TestLive client know that the announcement is still talking about how to patch to "today's update to 17.8.0.16"? That's almost as bad as the main site's FWM not being updated since 12 December 2008.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that AoC has about 120 people on the Dev team while AO has 11? Couldn't Funcom do a small/temporary "profession balance" to help get AO's new engine out before "soon"? It just seems to make more sense to get both MMOs visually up to date & making some money than to keep the current gameplan. The longer it takes for the new engine to be released, the more of the people that have been "waiting for the new engine before returning" will never return.
    Last edited by tazalanche; May 15th, 2009 at 21:27:57.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Means,
    If this patch goes through as it sits, without things being adjusted. I would personally like to thank you and the other devs for murdering the identity of agents. Aimed shot pistol is not the solution yet BEWM! there it is. The AS solution needs to be stopped, Agents are only unique now in the fact that we get to use other proffessions crap nano's. Aimed shot used to be one of our defining factors and now your handing it out like candy. Yeah craphander existed, but so did its crappy AS damage. Now you give an almost impossible to kill force better perks and a viable AS capping option. Well thats great for adventurers and all who love to PvP, what does that mean for the rest of us? Reclaim me thinks. Don't say "Hey you guys get a new rifle" because that gun is another slap in the face, 300-600(300) is still far below what we have asserted to be our choices for rifles, you give us crit nanos and then you put dirt crit bonuses on everything we get, how about 300-600(600) so maybe we can make some use of gnats or AC. Don't use aimedshot as a quickfix, personally id like to see agents as the only proff. that could even cap it at 11 sec, and the damage template for everyone else to be lowered.......Less i forget our perk execution times are WTFATROCIOUS!

Thanks,

Apothis2
    Last edited by Apothis1; May 15th, 2009 at 22:16:28.

woot, client side filter should solve so many difficulties.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

NO SANDWICHES FOR J00 MEANS!!! lol
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Means, must also express some dislike for the Onehander replacement. This is a bad move, please reconsider. If not lets make the A.F.D. Twohander a reality.
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    my only grip against nano vehicles is you can cruise next to mobs..finding your nano vehicle gone..and you running..if mob aggro you. prefer hud ..if it's going to be cool looking vehicle
    I think Shield MPs and soldiers won't have that problem. With that sweet sweet ride both profs will have enough reflects to not get hit. Heck, both could ignore the first triple that came their way (car would go poof after that, but that's saying something!) I think other profs could scrape up the piddly reflect AC to hit 100% while riding around in style too, just not aware of 'em yet.

Were those screenshots rendered within a client that renders using some elements of AO's new rendering engine? Those images look a little bit crisper than usual Anarchy Online, though that might just be because my glasses are covered in smudges after spending all night waiting for CWM with the help of Captain Janeway and her intrepid crew of misfits^WStarfleet Officers.

I recall that engine preview screenshot in Athen using just what's available on the live servers right now.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; May 15th, 2009 at 22:37:23.

90% from vehicle stack with reflect graft? If so that's all you need >.>

Hud with 90% would be too much, if it stayed active indoors...
    That would be one hell of a bug. ^^

But yeah a pop on hit vehicle with 90% reflect is funny at first look.
    After a second look it's still pretty nice to only take 10% from that first hit.

Aimed shot pistol? How has it played on test?
    Before we bring out the torches and pitchforks lets see how it goes.
    (/me puts marshmallows on his pitchfork and roasts them over his torch.)
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

That vehicle/yalm should be 20% faster than normal yalms as well
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I am sorry that agents feel that their identity is being stripped away.

For a long time enforcers had that problem with melee advents. This was eventually fixed

THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST WAVE OF PROFESSION BALANCES! While agents werent included i think we can expect them to be the top of the list in 18.2 I have yet to see 2hb because i cant transfer my enf to test live. Where i would LOVE the chance to check out the new stuff.

Please everyone know that profession balancing will take MONTHS if not the rest of the year. And please be patient while it happens.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast