Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neutrals - time to make some changes!

Exclamation Neutrals - time to make some changes!

Greetings citizens of Rubi-Ka! I come forth to bring up a topic, that was well discussed on previous boards, but was lost with those boards. At that time FC did not participated as much in board discussions, now it has changed for the better. So now is the time to once again bring this topic to the attention of citizens of Rubi-Ka as well as FC.

Let’s face it, neutrals at this point are utterly screwed. Now I’m not one of those whiners that will run around saying that anyone but me is uber, but I would like to bring up a few logical points. Initially, when the game just came out, it was stated that being neutral will be hard. I agree to that and support that by all means, that is one of the reasons I chose to be neutral. However, at this point it’s becoming impossible. Also, each side has a certain set of benefits, neutrals have none. There must be at least some, otherwise I see no point in having neutrals in the game. Some might say that neutrals were created so that newcomers to Rubi-ka can observe things and than take a side. I disagree with this because of two main points. First, you can easily start out as Omni-Tek or Clans and later on change to the other side if you find that they are more fit for you. There is no problem with that whatsoever and you will have better chances than as being neutral. Why? Well, you can live as an Omni for a while and see how that goes, you can live as a Clan and see how that goes, but if you become neutral, you will simply get killed all the time by both Omni and Clan, who see you as a potential target, rather than a potential recruit, and than you’ll end up hating most sides and in many cases quitting the game. So this argument is out. Besides, in my last similar posts on the old boards I actually had a quote, made by a FC official, stating that it was intended that some people will want to play neutral for the entire game. There are role-playing elements of this after all and this game is role-playing, right?

So now that we determined that neutrals were intended to exist, let’s take a look at their life. What can we do right now as neutrals in the world that others can’t? Nothing! We can shop in neutral shops, save in neutral saves and that’s it. Clans and Omnis can also shop in their shops, save in their saves and PLUS shop in neutrals hops and save in our saves. It was stated that we can also walk freely in any territory, that was our advantage. So do others! I see Clan people in omni cities and vise-verse all the time. So again, what are our benefits? None! So why have neutrals in the game at all? Now, before I get hundreds of those post “Oh just stop whining and choose a side!” I don’t want to! I am not going to work for OT and I don’t believe Clans’ ideals, I want to either stay out of this conflict or simply fight for my own believes, whatever all neutrals choose. Point is, this side was implemented in the game, so it should be playable, as it is it’s not!

So, how to solve the problem? Well, that is up to FC and the public, but here are a few things that I purpose that should keep the balance and give neutrals some reason to stay neutrals, that makes sense logically and would only reinforce their RP concepts.

1. Let neutrals be able to shop in both Clan and Omni shops and use their save terminals. After all, they can do that in our cities and territories, why can’t we do the same in theirs? This is simply, wouldn’t cause anyone problems and does not cause any misbalance.
    2. First shot. It is not a major issue, but something here must be done. As it is, neutrals can’t attack anyone first. I can understand why that is done, as than all PvPers in the game would most likely be neutral, but this causes lots of problems. Neutrals can help their friends. Y friend might be attacked by someone several lvls higher than him and I can’t do anything about it, just stand and watch. Some adjustment here is needed!
    3. Provide more abilities to get involved in the story and events. Most of them so far have been around OT and Clans, that’s fine, but please remember that most heroes in the novel, for those who read it, are neutral and some heroes in the series (Elena Oak) are also neutral. Thus we were intended to exist and be accounted for, would be nice if we would get some support here. Now, some may say that it does not matter what alignment you are as everyone has equal chances of participating. That is not true. All big guild leaders have a connection with FC, some have even a FC representative assigned to them. I, on behalf of my neutral guild, sent about 10 e-mails to FC asking them to work with us, not a single response, only one and it was something like ”Um, I don’t know how we could include you in a story, doesn’t seem as you would fit, but I’ll forward this to story writers as they make the decisions.” That was the last time I heard from FC. Send a few e-mails after that, nothing. So please, we are too paying costumers and players trying to enjoy this game, at least give us an ability to do so and be actually a part of something for which we are paying and spent so much time trying to be a part of.

Those are mine and most other neutral’s main concerns. Anyone is free to add whatever they feel necessary, as well as discuss, modify, deny my propositions and points. I know I will not be able to avoid flames, but at least make them reasonable, making sure you’ve read what I said and put some logic into them. However, no offense to anyone, but this is mostly meant for FC to read and reply, please do, don’t ignore us again! My last similar thread had most posts and views than any other on the old boards, not a single post was from FC.

Thanks all for your time and have a nice day!
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

Mayby Omni and Clans refuse to let neutrals use their shops because they want to force neutrals to join a side in the conflict?!

Anyway i totally agree with you.

hmm

Well i have only one thing to say to u neuts out there and i think many people agree with me on this one:

"Either your with us, or your against us. There is no inbetween."

Choose a side or die. simple.

Warmark - Lvl 96 MA
    Advisor
    Shadows Of Rubi-Ka

"I Fill my lungs with Fear and I... Exhale...."

Huh?

Hmm, interesting, I remember on the recent meeting in Newland Snarf was shouting how he will protect neutrals and will leave tham alone. Yet here we're seeing how one of your men is openly against us. So what's going on? Snarf, did you just throw the words around at that meeting or nobody in your guild listens to you, huh?
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:

Thumbs up Well said Shadowolf!

I agree with everything you've said, Shadowolf! Very nicely put. And that tired old 'If you're not for us, you're against us' argument is one that I've found tends to be spouted by people with poorly thought out, one dimensional RP characters, who just want a good excuse to shoot everyone. Please, at least come up with a good argument, eh?

There is one thing I'd like to add: make superior nanocrystals available in neutral shops! I'm reaching the end of the advanced crystals, and I'm going to have serious problems. Our shops sell superior everything else, so why not nanos?

I think we neuts can get involved in the story. Our guild is always pushing for neutral rights, and has achieved quite a lot in its first few weeks of existence already. One thing worries me, though: how come people get more mention for violent actions that peaceful ones? It seems that the way to get involved with the story is only to shoot people. Let's hear more from the peaceful clan and omni folks.

Initially, when the game just came out, it was stated that being neutral will be hard. I agree to that and support that by all means, that is one of the reasons I chose to be neutral. However, at this point it’s becoming impossible. Also, each side has a certain set of benefits, neutrals have none. There must be at least some, otherwise I see no point in having neutrals in the game

Umm, no special benifits is the only thing that in any way makes neuts harder than either side (you got shops of all qualities now).

So if you agreed to playing something more difficult then you got it. Now I KNOW you will say "what about token boards". They are PART of the special benifits. OT and clan boards are different.

I played a neut in beta and a neut my first month of live. THAT was when things were tough (no bags, no stores). If you dont pick a side, you dont get the benifits of being on a side. End of story.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

We don't though

We don't get everything though- we have no superior nano crystals in stores. If you can find a neutral store with, say quantum wings, I want to know about it!

My two main requests for neutrals is that we're taken off people's tab buttons, and that we get superior nano formulae in the shops. Not much to ask, is it?

Neutrals ........

Amen to that!! I couldn't have said it better myself, Shadowolf

I have been neutral since I started AO but like yourself find I'm being forced into a corner with every new patch and find myself dreading what are FC gonna put in the next patch.

Example, I was chatting to some team members outside a popular hunting ground I have been going to for a couple of weeks now and mid conversation a local guard just attacked me and two seconds later I had lost about 20,000 xp (no esaggeration) and was miles from where I started! Next thing I know a fellow team mate, also Neutral, gets attacked and loses about 10,000 xp. As we are around lvl 35 these are significant loses of xp to lose for no apparent reason. My team mate decides to petition about this... and sometime later informs me that he has been told that he was in a clan area and was attacked because he is Neutral!!!!!

What a joke!!! It is clear that Neutrals aren't in the FunCom's plans and they would rather push us out.... all i hear is how persucuted Clans are but they have nothing compared to what us Neutrals have to endure!

As ShadowWolf quite rightly said this is a Role playing Game (MMORG) and what makes a good roleplaying game is freedom to choose your path through a game.....so why are FC giving paid playas like myself no choice + a hard time?????

--->to ShadowWolf : Do you run a guild and if so do you have room for 1 possibly 2 other like minded people (we are both adv)
    PatBateman
    ----------------
    Neutral Adventurer

To boldly go where no leet has gone before.

To slay those who have not been slain before.

Re

K, just wanted to cover a few things here. First of all thanks Silenna for brining that up, it's something I didn't notice before and surely should be addressed as well.

Now to anfwer Yazule. First of all, did you anywhere in my post found the word token? We agree and accept that those are OT and Clan specific benefits. Now, it is a bit unfair since we're doing the same missions and work just as hard for them, but we can live without the tokens. Mostly PvPers use them and how many neutrals with a PvP title do you know? lol

Now, as to your comment that now it's easy to be neutral. I have been playing the game since the third day AO came out, always a neutral. I agree that at that point it was impossible to play, but I managed to survive. Now it is indeed easier, but still extremly hard. And I don't mind it being hard, but it also makes no sense.

Oh, while we at it, there is one more thing I wanted to be added to neutral cities. Miiir shop(s)!!! How come Miiir ignores 1/3 of the planet, we all are potential costumers. I am tired of trying to assemble outfits out of cloth shops in our stores, takes forever to find the right peices. I always have to ask my Clan or Omni friends to do the shopping for me. This makes no sense, we want the Miiir shop!!!

Pat, I do run a neutral guild and yes we have plenty of open spaces for all neutrals and neutral-minded people. You can find out more about my organization (Blade Corp) at www.bladecorp.com. Thanks for asking, hope to hear from you soon . Oh, btw, some info there is a bit missleading.
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:

hmm

Just for your information, what i said about the neuts is my own opinion, and does not in anyway reflect what snarf has said to you guys. If he says he will protect you, then i am bound to do that. But it doesn't mean i have to like it....

Warmark
    Lvl 96 MA
    Advisor
    Shadows OF Rubi-Ka

Well, you better start liking it .
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:

Angry Bah

Bah!

Warmark
    Lvl 96 Ma
    Advisor
    Shadows of Rubi-Ka

Akarias, just 'cause I won't fight the rebels alongside you doesn't mean I'm gonna do a thing to get in your way. Lately, I've noticed to many people considering us neutrals just another rebel faction. We've been accused of helping the Clans out during Omni raids. Matter of fact is most of us will not at all get involved in your war. Keeping this violent mindset only hurts you... yeah, everybody says if you treat us this way then we are more likely to go join the other side. Really though, what hurts you more is that while you are going about how evil us fence-sitters are there are a dozen rebels sneaking behind you to get into your lands. Don't waste your time with me when you've got a real enemy already.

If you really want to win us over, be more open to us... let us use your shops and insurance terminals and welcome us to your towns with a wave instead of a bullet. If we start to settle your Omni-Tek cities, when the rebels come to attack we'll defend our homes just as strongly as you do.
    Last edited by Fractaloon; Dec 25th, 2001 at 21:05:20.

Talking Hmm

Well think of it it this way, if u were clan already, u woul dhave no problems using our stores and insurance terminals.

Warmark
    Lvl 96 Ma
    Advisor
    Shadows Of Rubi-Ka

To me you're all alike. You, Clans, are no better than Omni-Tek that you're fighting against, except that they may be a bit more civilized.

But enough about this, let's talk about neutrals.
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by Akarias
    Well think of it it this way, if u were clan already, u woul dhave no problems using our stores and insurance terminals.
    Ah, and if I join the clans I don't have to fear being shot by clan agents. Now I understand, finally.

/me reaches for clan application form...

...and throws it in the Stret.

/G13

a neutral benifit that I bet is coming back soon

you're not KOS by either set of guards. Once the amnesty is over you'll be in much better shape. Nothing like zoning into, say 4holes and having to run like hell from the guards with a good chance of not making it. I totally agree they should change the tabs from 'not my side' to 'opposing side', and Superior nanos are fine... But in essence the benefit of being neutral is that you're on neither side. If you want more benifits, the answers obvious.

Ending this silly amnesty would bring back some meaning to my neutral fixer.

/G13

Hmmm

I still don't understand why a guard attacked a neutral. Is this something new?

Well I am Clan and I see no reason to kill neutrals. If they're not going to shoot at me why should I shoot at them? It's Omni-Tek I have to be wary of (even though I have met some very nice Omnis during this amnesty I still have to be wary as not all Omnis will be nice)

Furthermore I frequently use neutral cities to shop and relax in (Reets anyone?) and it seems a very poor way to return the hospitality of neutrals by killing them. Rude does not begin to describe it.

If there are clan people who are using the shops and terminals of neutrals and then turning around and killing neutrals then they should be ashamed of themselves.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast