Thread: Sick of Mission!!! aren't you??

Sick of Mission!!! aren't you??

Im tired of running the same bs missions same level over and over again !!! Why has FC molded AO around missions ? Experience is better and you get tokens. Say you do find a good out door camp, you would still be better doing missions just for the tokens, 1000 tokens +700 Hp. The new camps or great, YEAH right!! they put these uber boss mobs in the camp, now you cant even kill the normal mobs The new camps are good for a 1 time deal you go and get a really high level group together and kill the boss for his loot (the boss we killed dropped same loot as a mission boss just 100 times more HP big waste of time) it seems these camps are not intended for leveling or has anyone found a new camp that is worth leveling at ?

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to fly out to you friends or guild members while they are leveling to trade items, talk, dance, buff ect... instead receiving the old im a in a mission cant help you atm, ill message you when im done.
    Do you agree with me or do you like running missions? would you rather hunt outdoors ?
    would you like to be able to get tokens outside of missions ?

--===talk about a big disadvantage in pvp if you dont have your tokens===--
    Flags of Glory and Redemption - 1000 tokens
    Max Health +700
    Max Nano +700
    +7% Experience
    +7% Defense
    +7% Offence
    +4 to All Damage Types
    +210 Run Speed
    +210 Computer Literacy
    +210 Nano Programming

Well FC if you do listen to the boards IMO think outdoor hunting/leveling is one of the more important issuses in the game. Not the storyline. Storyline? what does the storyline have to do with missions ? why would i care about a storyline when im i missions 90% of the time im on. I mean am i missing the in the missions, especially in Bs.
    Last edited by Incogsweet; Sep 30th, 2002 at 04:09:10.

NO!! i LOVE doing missions. i really mean it, i hope they eliminate outdoor hunting altogether. actually, i'm on a no-play strike for the last 3 weeks and i'm not coming back until they totally wipe out all outdoor hunting. i don't want to see a single leet, or claw outside of a mission cause that's just BULL!

by the way, who the hell released these mobs out of my missions ? don't they know they're nerfing my leveling because if these mobs were still in the mission, i would be getting about 20 - 30 k more xp per mission ?

oh, and another thing while i'm at it. GET RID OF ALL NON-BS MISSIONS !! nothing i look forward to in the evenings and weekends more than going to tir, getting a team, grabbing a mission and heading to bs. I say nerf all zones except tir, bs and the grid. then i will be happyier cause then the 2 people that aren't in those zones contributing to the lag will finally get to enjoy the game as much as the rest of us...They really don't know what they've been missing.

and for all you knuckleheads that think i'm serious and are getting ready to flame me, i'm not.

the answer

people like missions, in particular, team missions
    why
    1. relativly safe
    2. good xp
    3. good (boss) loot
    4. easy to get to
    5. you can chose the ql with a slider instead of looking for another camp

disadvantages are

1. little variance, same mission templates for 200 lvls
    2. boss loot is unpredictable

the outdoor/indoor delema can be compared to a set of scales, and right now the mission side vastly outweighs the outdoor side

by adding dyna camps they have added the boss loot to the outdoor scene, but you cant give away things for free. so you add bosses to get the loot of off and a few protector mobs to aggro you and your group, etc.
    unfortunatly, the scale is still tiped, all you have done is scracifice safty outdoors (which was already low) to add loot and hope people go after the loot. outdoors spots are still hard to get too, xp is still so-so (worthless) for the higher lvls. the good thing is the change of scenery.
    one thing that makes bosses do-able are the elevators, you dont have elevators out doors so how are you gonna make up fo that?
    if a boss is doable with out an elevator, the mobs you were hunting before hand were green at best, you dont get in a team to kill green mobs a mile a minute, you do it to kill orange-red mobs for mad xp.
    if anything they have made outdoor hunting all the more worse because they have made even more risky. just today i was lvling my new doctor alt in the newland desert oasis, when we hit the boss mob, got aggroed, all died and then disbanded. when i did this with my adv main (in the good old days) we made like 7 lvl's kicking bronto butt.
    i think its a good time to remind the peeps at FC that life between 75-100 changes. (im not sure what math is used here, but it seems to be the same stuff that makes pistols less effective and multi weild screwy) hunting outdoors for xp is completly stupid, esspecily solo, unless you want to take 3 years to get to lvl 200, its just a stupid idea.
    sooooooo, how do we get high lvl players outside again? cuz i think that its the high lvl players that are the target, (doing bs missions all the time)
    we have to tip these scales again, in exchange for the safty boss loot easy acess, people need a strong reason to go outside.
    here is what i recommend
    make the loot on outdoor mobs better and more relevent, while leaving the boss tables on misions mobs the same. eventuly the roumor will get out(even if you have to plant it) about the better loot
    second, allow a way for adventuring minded players to not only wear a backpack but to get the cordnates to find just the right ql camp.

oh well, let me just say that i dont think that people are gonna relly go for this dynacamp stuff in the form it is now, dynacamps were in andromedia for a long time and no one seemed to bother with that area. time will have to tell, but as it is right now, the scale is still top heavy on the mission side.