Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Omni-Tek Party Causes Security Alert

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Omni-Tek Party Causes Security Alert

Omni-Tek Party Causes Security Alert
    May 12, 29483 - [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - IRRK - A party in Omni-Tek's Entertainment district causes part of the city to be placed on full security alert.

It is a well established fact that after a hard day of work, Omni-Tek employees like to head on down to Rubi-Ka’s 24/7 party zone: Omni-1 Entertainment. It has recently been reported that a party late last night caused a massive security alert, causing the local security personnel and Omni-Pol Officers to be dispatched.

The party, hosted by a retired Omni-Pol Officer, attracted a crowd of over 100 citizens. With the music pumping and the alcohol flowing, it wasn’t long before the party grew so large and out of control that Baboons night club staff had called for assistance from local security personnel. Roughly 5 minutes after the call was made several voluntary security enforcement citizens arrived at the nightclub to find people laid unconscious and people no longer dancing on the floor, but on tables and on the bar. The main culprit was said to be party organiser and retired Omni-Pol Officer Cora Geers.

The security enforcement citizens attempted to speak with party organisers and Ms Geers in an attempt to calm the situation. However, as they approached the barely dressed former Officer, she reportedly poured a full bottle of beer over them and shooed them away. Feeling outnumbered, in a desperate attempt to regain control of the club, the voluntary security enforcement citizens called in backup - the local Omni-Pol division.

Once they were on site, and had witnessed the colossal scale of the ‘public safety incident’, Omni-Pol placed the surrounding area on full security alert in the hope of preventing a riot. The police moved in, arrested key trouble makers and called for citizens to disperse and leave the area, whilst trained field medics dealt with the citizens laid unconscious.

As the crowd slowly realised that Omni-Pol were forcibly ending their party, small outbreaks of fighting erupted, causing specially equipped Officers to be called in, capable of putting an end to large scale riots. Shortly after their arrival, the rowdy citizens had been dispersed and a total of 18 arrests were made.

Party organiser, Cora Geers - a retired Omni-Pol Officer - said, “ The response taken by the local security and members of Omni-Pol was ridiculous and completely unnecessary. In the many years I worked for Omni-Pol I can’t ever remember seeing having fun and partying in the apparent Entertainment District being a violation of law. I mean, really. Placing the city and full security alert? That didn’t even happen when we was attacked by the Clans. Pathetic really.”

Sadly our conversation was cut short as several Omni-Pol Officers began to approach Ms Geers asking for her to go with them, at which point she made off in her large sized Poniard.

So was the security enforcement team and Omni-Pol over reacting? Or was the behaviour shown by a former Senior Omni-Pol Officer and her peers outrageous?

I cant believe i missed this party!

/facepalm
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet