Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: If you agree that nerfing AS for most profs is the first step to really balancing pvp

Yeah, except it isnt required to nerf AS to enhance alternate, non-AS setups,

Which is what the thread is about - Not how good and bad certain classes are with AS.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    agent 10x (all know why)

mp,trader,solja 7x (mp main damage is AS and its supported on items and perks) (solja is master of ranget weapons) (traders starts cry too much if they AS get nerfed)

fixer,ma 5x (MAs got lots damage anyways) (fixers dont deserve 2x capping special)
    rest 3x
    I R ranged advi and would cry too much if it got nerfed...

What I mean to say is that lists based on such arguments are silly. Also seems always very much like the only agreed upon things are Agents should keep their AS, and everyone's own favorite profession should be a close second in AS effectiviness.

If AS was not to be what it is today, that'd make the Silverback and Tigress unhappy additions. Still, both professions those were intended for have a lot of qualities that could be adjusted to facilitate for better killpower without AS.

Still I must wonder if doing something about AS would be a good thing to AO pvp. I mean, it probably would change the dynamics to something more sensible. But the way it works currently is somehow perversely intriguing.... cap cap swap cap perk perk perk.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

remove AS from game and give every1 Constant Barrage and Izgimmer's Triple.
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

At least that would "balance" pvp seriously. lol.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Yay, I want that on my enf
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post

As I said in my post, Soldiers may be masters of ranged weapons; that doesn't mean they are masters at all ranged weapons. Knowing how to hold a gun and spew bullets semi-accurately is a totally different skill set then knowing how to fire a single shot with precision. People don't become snipers/marksmens by learning how to unload a M16 magazine.

"Masters of Ranged Weapons"......yup, says it all. If it goes "BANG", then Soldiers are masters of it.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Bump
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    Yay, I want that on my enf
    Sure trade ya for slice n dice

FC's answer to your nerf AS thread:

add more AS
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    "Masters of Ranged Weapons"......yup, says it all. If it goes "BANG", then Soldiers are masters of it.
    Funny, when I slam my frying pan on the table it goes "BANG" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Funny, when I slam my frying pan on the table it goes "BANG" too.
    Technically that is "CLANG" not "BANG".. at least from any comic/cartoonist perspective. :P

Also you could just make AS have a simple defensive check:

Perception vs Concealment

If concealment > Perception AS hits
    If Perception > Concealment AS misses

or scale damage or what ever.

AS should have def checks, same as everything else in the game, SA however, should have an 11 sec cap time the same as AS.

also, to maintain the balance after the absorbs nerf that happened a couple of years ago, make reflects 1/2 as efficient in pvp, after going from hitting one prof for 1200 per hit, to hitting a soldier for 250 per hit, giving them essentially 500% more hp, making their heals essentially 500% better, also make heals 50% efficient on the BS, as pvp damage is halved, so should heals.

As long as agent's have AS immunity, i'm fine with any AS nerfs.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

nerf everyone! make them neutrals!
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

as is clearly broken in pvp (same with sneak), you need to hide for these to work in pvm hence no def check but in pvp theres no concealed req ergo no def checks at all, seems broken to me

just change these attacks to:

(weapon skill + as skill)/2 + aao VS 80% def rating(aad+evade skill) oh and apply acs

actually just thinking about this makes me realise how OP as is

it doesnt have a def check
    doesnt check acs
    damage isnt like any other special it multiplies meaning the potential for more damage out of it easier then any other special.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112